This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alistair@AWC

I cant get my head round WFP - Help!!
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:55:02 pm »
Sorry for being a pest guys

But I want to build a van based system (no static tank) but I really cant get my head around the components that i'll need!!

I live in a moderately hard to hard water area and will be working hard and alone  :-\ at first but will quickly need a system for 2 operators to work full days im looking to spend around £1000 but cheaper the better and I really need it spelling out for me

This is what I think I know :-

650L Tank
200gpd RO
100psi pump

and will need a pole that can reach upto 3 storeys domestic preferably with a flow control fitted to pole ideally

Many thanks guys

H h20

Re: I cant get my head round WFP - Help!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:04:05 pm »
Have a read of this,i always post this as it is so helpful,Gaz  ;)
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:09:00 pm »
Hi Alistair.

I hate to tell you this but you will really struggle with a 200 GPD RO. It wont fill that 650 ltr tank up overnight.

I reckon you will need a 300 GPD working at max efficiency to be able to do that.

Remember that the figures quoted for these Ro's are based on criteria that you just wont get here in the UK.

Cheers

Andrew

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:50:02 pm »
Ah right,

ok 300gpd RO it is then :'(

cheers Gaz that site is quite useful and has answered some of my questions.

im looking at a 30ft pole with 60m of hose, is there a sectional pole (ie 3 x 10ft) with integral hose?

Does anybody know of a ladder similiar to a step ladder that forms an overall height of around 7ft that I could position over side gates so I can go up 1 side down the other and be in the back garden - if it exists  :)

mrfoo77

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 11:04:56 pm »
I've built my own van mount - 650L tank. I'd advise to get a merlin ro. If you want to fill over night you want the fastest thing you can get!
Get microbore hose (gardiner) it's so much easier. And as it's thinner you may as well go for 100m.
You won't want a pole in 10ft sections, in fact you probably won't get one. 6ft max. Gardiner do custom poles and i'd suggest for residential go for the 5ft sections.
As for getting over the gates, what I do now is take the customers mobile number and text them the night before to leave gate undone, saves annoying lengthy phone conversations.
Hope this helps.
If you need any more info. Be happy to help.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 10:57:07 pm »
Alistair,

Why don't you want a static system?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

billozz

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 12:12:31 am »
we have a 300gpd ro unit and it doesnt fill up a 650 ltr tank axcept if you have a pumpp box as well, we were told that it would, but depends on your pressure, i thought mine was ok at about 35psi but stuill wouldnt fill me tank
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

steveselvage

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 06:17:41 pm »
1 300 gpd ro from window cleaning warehouse get a pumped one

1varistream
1shureflo 100 psi pump both from williamsons pumps
2 1000 l ibc tanks £20 each secondhand allow 10 quid to get them steamcleaned
1 pole 25 ft from brodex quite good
hose and reel from b&q
1 resin column and resin from windowcleaning warehouse
1 sturdy van
1 transfer pump from machine mart
pm me and ill show you how to put it together mine has been running for 9 months now and has been copied about a dozen times with no probs