This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wfp master

Re: max ppm to make di only system viable?
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 08:22:50 pm »
ppm is between 83 and 89 lads .......

will a di ONLY be cost efficient in this case?
yes should last a while. Double di would be even better.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 08:29:59 pm »
My tap TDS is 90ppm. I've been using twin DI for 10 years ( I reckon I was the first to twin up ).

This is deffo the way for you to go. I'd recommend two 11ltr vessels on the van to purify "on demand" & fill your tank with tap water. ;)

tom20001

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 08:31:42 pm »
My tap TDS is 90ppm. I've been using twin DI for 10 years ( I reckon I was the first to twin up ).

This is deffo the way for you to go. I'd recommend two 11ltr vessels on the van to purify "on demand" & fill your tank with tap water. ;)

will twin di be more efficient than single 25 litre?

thanks

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 08:39:22 pm »

thanks

Yes.

To give a basic explanation- with one vessel once the resin starts to go off you would have to throw it in the bin & fill with fresh resin.

When you have two vessels you would now use this older resin ( say for example, reading 015ppm ) to "pre-filter" a fresh vessel. So, the fresh vessel is now being fed water at 015ppm instead of 90ppm. Yes, the ppm does continue to rise in the older vessel but until it reaches your source input water ppm it's still working for you.

Hope that helps.

tom20001

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 08:44:52 pm »

thanks

Yes.

To give a basic explanation- with one vessel once the resin starts to go off you would have to throw it in the bin & fill with fresh resin.

When you have two vessels you would now use this older resin ( say for example, reading 015ppm ) to "pre-filter" a fresh vessel. So, the fresh vessel is now being fed water at 015ppm instead of 90ppm. Yes, the ppm does continue to rise in the older vessel but until it reaches your source input water ppm it's still working for you.

Hope that helps.

great explanation mate , now i understand :)

thanks for that

il order 2 11litres so....

just one other question do you filter the water before it enters van mounted tank and then pump it to poles, its just some1 earlier done it differently to this

thanks

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 08:55:55 pm »

thanks

Yes.

Hope that helps.

great explanation mate , now i understand :)

thanks for that

il order 2 11litres so....

just one other question do you filter the water before it enters van mounted tank and then pump it to poles, its just some1 earlier done it differently to this

thanks

You "can" do either HOWEVER..........

Flow rate Vs resin volume is a major factor in resin economy & to cut a long story short- it's much more efficient to fill the van tank with tap water & pump through the vessels to pole- this is known as "purifying on-demand". This way also has other benefits like faster filling, filling from any source (customer taps etc) & if you want to dump water/drain tank you're not wasting pure water.

Filling the tank with pure, through the vessels at mains pressure/ flow rate is not as efficient as the above.

Fit one of these, coupled to a male hozelock inlet & you can just plug the hose in & forget about it. Cuts water off when tank gets full.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p42876?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googleshopping&mkwid=dr4AJOEl&pcrid=25046331863&gclid=CIadxpG6l7sCFUZY3godnWsApA

tom20001

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 09:19:05 pm »

Flow rate Vs resin volume is a major factor in resin economy & to cut a long story short- it's much more efficient to fill the van tank with tap water & pump through the vessels to pole- this is known as "purifying on-demand". This way also has other benefits like faster filling, filling from any source (customer taps etc) & if you want to dump water/drain tank you're not wasting pure water.

Filling the tank with pure, through the vessels at mains pressure/ flow rate is not as efficient as the above.

Fit one of these, coupled to a male hozelock inlet & you can just plug the hose in & forget about it. Cuts water off when tank gets full.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p42876?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googleshopping&mkwid=dr4AJOEl&pcrid=25046331863&gclid=CIadxpG6l7sCFUZY3godnWsApA
[/quote]

ok id like to do it your way because of the benefits u have outlined :)

so i take outlet from tank to di and then to pump is it?

so it goes water in tank- di vessel - pump+controller- windows???

thanks again 

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 09:25:29 pm »

ok id like to do it your way because of the benefits u have outlined :)

so i take outlet from tank to di and then to pump is it?

so it goes water in tank- di vessel - pump+controller- windows???

thanks again 
[/quote]

Not quite, you want the sequence - TANK>PUMP>VESSELS>HOSE REEL>POLE. Less problems with air ingress when you push, rather than pull water through the vessels. ;)

tom20001

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 09:28:24 pm »

Not quite, you want the sequence - TANK>PUMP>VESSELS>HOSE REEL>POLE. Less problems with air ingress when you push, rather than pull water through the vessels. ;)
[/quote]

oh ok no prob

i just thought the pumping would put the water through the di vessels to quick to give resin time to purify water?

cheers mate

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 09:34:24 pm »

oh ok no prob

i just thought the pumping would put the water through the di vessels to quick to give resin time to purify water?

cheers mate
[/quote]

The flow rate through the vessels is the same regardless of whether you pull or push water through them. The pump on the van, even at max speed is still no where near what mains flow would be, but you are on the right track of thought with flow rate/resin economy theory. ;)

tom20001

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 09:49:01 pm »

The flow rate through the vessels is the same regardless of whether you pull or push water through them. The pump on the van, even at max speed is still no where near what mains flow would be, but you are on the right track of thought with flow rate/resin economy theory. ;)
[/quote]

thats great, thanks for all the help mate

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 09:58:30 pm »

thats great, thanks for all the help mate
[/quote]

No problem ;)