This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

williamx

Re: Should I change to water-fed-pole?
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 02:24:26 pm »
If I buy the Shurflo backpack, how do I purify the water? I mean, I know how it work from a van, I was just wondering is it best to purify the water at home before going out to work, then carry just purified water around with you, or can you do it while you were working?Can anyone help?

To purify water you need to find out whether your water is hard or soft.

If its soft then you need a di tank filled with di resin, all you do is connect to the tap and pure water comes out, so you could carry the di tank around with you and fill up at customes houses, but this might cause problems if you can't access an outside tap.

What I do is fill water containers at home for a days supply and fill my backpack when needed, also as I cleaning I keep an eye out for outside taps and when possible I fill the empty containers while I'm cleaning, always ask your customers permission in case they are on a meter, this will save you some time at the end of day.

If you are in a hard water area then you will need a ro unit set up at home, you then fill your water containers up each day with pure water.  If you have to do it this way then I would kept a reserve stock always handy.

neil100

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 08:28:59 pm »
Neil,  I find your friends Dads sons figures hard to believe and when we talk figures your investment returns to you an extra £77 per week. Not convincing sir. QUOTE FROM JOHN L.

The figure quoted on what he earns is a fact. This Wednesday he earned £360.00. I have not made it up, In fact one of his uncles who is a Window Cleaner gave him a days work from His round to help his nephew build is round up. It was His worst work. In 4 months the young lad had turned His uncles worst work in terms of earnings per hour into beating the very best of his Uncles work in money earned.

From then on his Uncle invested in wfp and he is earning more per hour then he did Trad w/cleaning.

As for me, I allready know my investment will pay off in rapid time. The £4,000.00 a year increase in earnings is a very conservative Goal that will be reached very easily.
I have looked at my average earnings for this year before Wfp, and my average earnings since I started my second cleans with wfp. I am earning now £200 a week more and working less hours to boot. I am finding we can finnish  our weeks  work in three days. So if I keep my work at its present level which I wont as we are going to expand. 50 x £200 =£10,000.00.

If I take my van out of the  investment as I need A vehicle anyway, plus I clawed back £5000 by selling my wifes car. I have spent £5000 on the Wfp system. I only need 1 bag a resin per 2 year cycle so it will be cheap to run. So in the last 10 weeks I am £2000 richer then Trad w/c. By the end of summer I will be in clear profit plus I will have a greatly reduced Tax bill.

You might not belive me or the figures put down but I know I'm making an hell of a lot more money plus I have removed that all important risk factor.

Nel.

JohnL

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2006, 08:36:13 pm »
good on you neil, keep upping the money because thats what it is all about - and keep safe

:)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Londoner

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2006, 12:34:23 pm »
Its also true to say that over a period of time you will choose houses that suit your particular needs.

If you change from trad to WFP quite a lot of your customers will no longer suit you

eddie d

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2006, 03:35:42 pm »
a couple of months ago i would have said yes .but id think carefully now .

steveselvage

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2006, 06:09:17 pm »
Change over asap but beware the tricky talking salesmen,i have seen some systems lately that people have paid for that are really mickey mouse and in my opinion are designed to clean out the window cleaners rather than clean windows.you should be able to put together a 1000l ro system and all the gear for a van mount system for under 1200 quid.
you will never fall off a hosepipe and your work will be so much quicker.
pm me and i will show you a cheap but reliable diy system.