This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

williamx

Re: I OBJECT!!
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2006, 05:51:27 am »
For the last year I have been cleaning a complex of oap's flats (30 in Total) of which I use to clean 10 and charge £5.00 each, It use to take me 1 and 1/2 hours to do.

Anyway last month I went to their committee and said that if every resident had their windows done I would drop my price and charge only £3.00 per flat.

I turned up yesterday and their warden had collected every ones money, (£90.00).

So I set up and cleaned every flat on that complex in a record breaking time of 1 Hour.

So with wfp and planning you can earn even more money than normal.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2006, 08:11:06 am »
I've got a big residential place like that.
You couldn't use wfp on it, as they all leave their windows open.
Also they all pay me at the window, so I'd have to go around knocking all the doors inside after....how much extra work?

Besides, the council do them now and again also.
Guess what? Wfp!
They hate it! Always moaning to me about dirt left behind and spots. ::)

Thought you'd love that story! ;D

Morph

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2006, 08:53:29 am »
No, no, no!

Don't stop there!  We all love stories about council jobs.
You don't mean to say someone has allowed council workers to operate a wfp system????
Well there's a surprise..they leave dirt and spots?
Do they do them with the windows open?  Because you did say they all leave them open.

How unusual that people are not happy with their standard of work!!!

You've given me an idea for a new topic Rog.

"Who has picked up shoddy council work?"

;)

DASERVICES

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2006, 08:57:11 am »

Besides, the council do them now and again also.

Thought you'd love that story! ;D
How come you lost that account and the council are now doing it.

Were you a risk to the OAP, hence the council now using WFP  ;D ;D ;D ;D

preston powerblast

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2006, 11:18:08 am »
Bet the council are doing a great job with tap water ::) ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2006, 03:33:18 pm »
How come you lost that account and the council are now doing it.

Were you a risk to the OAP, hence the council now using WFP  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sigh....wrong again. ::)

I haven't lost the account.
The council have always done them three times a year.
I do them every month.

The customers would rather pay me £3 than have them wfp'd for free. ;D
Actually it's not council workers, it's window cleaners the council pay to do it.

Do they do them with the windows open? Because you did say they all leave them open.
They can't do the open windows so they just leave them. ;D

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2006, 04:37:14 pm »
Roger,

That avatar really suits you.  Well chosen.

You're making me larf!

The thing is, I know you're an intelligent bloke, so find it difficult to understand why you're so intent on fighting your corner so well.

Is it jealousy?  Are you a 'closet WFP user wanabee?'

Do you really want to earn more money and improve your business and be safe?  Your young daughter looks extremely sweet.  How would she feel if Daddy couldn't carry her on your shoulders anymore, because he's in a wheel-chair?

When 98% of WFP users think WFP is great (anecdotal evidence I know, but it's still valid); there must be something in it.  Members here are quick to critisize things they're unhappy with.

Even Simon G has asked if I'm selling my backpack, and he wanted to buy it (he knew I bought Matt's trolley system).

My last customer (Francis from Hughes Crescent; near where you live; you probably know her; she seems to know everyone) absolutely loves the WFP and she's a proper 'clean-a-holic'.  It cleans the window above her conservatory; the one I've hung out of like a monkey to clean (pre-WFP).  It cleans her conservatory roof to perfection.  Her PVC frames look great.  She loves it. 

She thinks I'm great too.  I feel safer when Wor Lass is with me.

Roger, my advice is to stop knocking the WFP.  Member's here will 'bite' because they know what a blinding job it can do, and they know it's safe, and it's irritating when dumb posts may put potential WFP users from using it.

Remember, a window cleaner recently died falling from a ladder, and he was only a few years older than you; with a family too.

DASERVICES

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2006, 04:41:09 pm »

I haven't lost the account.
The council have always done them three times a year.
I do them every month.

The customers would rather pay me £3 than have them wfp'd for free. ;D
Actually it's not council workers, it's window cleaners the council pay to do it.

??? ??? ??? No wonder there are always spots, you are contaminating the windows
with your cheep soapy liquid ;D ;D ;D

Morph

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2006, 04:57:22 pm »
poor old Squeaky

he's just attention seeking really, he loves it here, cos we all love him.

He's just hen pecked so he takes it out on us ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2006, 05:19:59 pm »
??? ??? ??? No wonder there are always spots, you are contaminating the windows
with your cheep soapy liquid ;D ;D ;D
Too right, I love it!
Sometimes on a few windows I'll really scrub the liquid into the rubbers.
Or even put a few blobs around the tops of the frames to really cause problems. ;D

They'll give up in the end.... ;D

I'm not even going to reply to Tosh's tosh.

jeff evans

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2006, 05:41:45 pm »
I think if anybody wants a true and unbiased opinion they should read ROSSEKESVA POSTS on all the subjects he posts on.

Ross uses both methods and tells how he sees it.

Just my opinion

cHEERS jeff.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2006, 06:05:28 pm »
Absolutely.
Well said Jeff. (they'll still ignore it though ;D)

Morph

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2006, 06:11:32 pm »
Absolutely.
Well said Jeff. (they'll still ignore it though ;D)

You forgot to add...that's just your opinion ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2006, 07:17:44 pm »
 ;D I don't know....

Ian_Giles

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2006, 09:14:58 pm »
I think we should all remember that Ross lives in an area that seems to be notoriously difficult for WFP, probably because it is costal, prevailing winds etc dragging salt laden air over every surface.
Rodd really has a hard time with WFP, and so it would seem do others in that area, several WFP cleaners had a bash at....was it the hotel that got bombed Ross?...and every one did a poor job.
Ross has also found WFP a continual headache with complaints and problems, this guy isn't stupid and I've no doubt he is trying every which way he can to achieve the desired results.
For those of us that use WFP and achieve top results in almost every circumstance I can only assume that it must be his location that makes life so difficult for him.

I would love to see Ionics do a field visit (or Omnipole for that matter) and for Rossto take them to an account that should be no problem for WFP, but that he has real problems with.
They could then see if they could do it, whether with a hot water system or cold one and get the kind of finish us WFP'ers all keep bleating on about.

Do you think they have the confidence in their systems to take on a one off challenge like that??

ross is a WFP user, and also one that has many misgivings about the system, with him overseeing the work we all know we would have an honest appraisal from him.
I for one would love to see one of the two biggy's put their reputation on the line in such a test.

Squeaks,

As I recall those council paid window cleaners did a prety crap job when they were doing it trad too, don't forget, I had that job for quite a while too ;)
But you are also absolutely right in that it would be a difficult job for WFP, a trolley system would be a pain because of the fences, a backpack because they wouldn't have enough water and a van mount because you would need about 250m of hose, and you'd still have all those fences and corners to negotiate :-\
But of course those obstacles can be overcome, presumably the council paid cleaners manage it.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2006, 09:31:13 pm »
Squeaks,

As I recall those council paid window cleaners did a prety crap job when they were doing it trad too, don't forget, I had that job for quite a while too ;)
But you are also absolutely right in that it would be a difficult job for WFP, a trolley system would be a pain because of the fences, a backpack because they wouldn't have enough water and a van mount because you would need about 250m of hose, and you'd still have all those fences and corners to negotiate :-\
But of course those obstacles can be overcome, presumably the council paid cleaners manage it.
All I can guess Ian is that there's a few of them with big backpacks.
Might be enough to go around then....
But hang on! They do the whole building(48 flats), not just my accounts(about 22). ???
Oh I don't know.

All I know is, if I did it wfp I'd have to knock on every bloomin' door after!
Half of them bugger off out! ;D

Cheers.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2006, 09:48:01 pm »
And they keep dying too :-\........doesn't half make it hard to collect ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2006, 09:56:22 pm »
The troubles Ross is having is very worrying for me I'm only 8 miles along the coast from him, its going to be interesting as to whether I have the same problems,  I do hope I dont but suspect I will  :'( its taking me ages to get the gear together but I guess it will be of some use even if I cant use it on every job, cant ever see me going out without the ladders though, like squeeky I have jobs that its just not suitable for and some customers that are such nice people  that I'd hate to have to drop them.
Sussex by the sea