Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

had accident wfp today
« on: November 11, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »
well 3rd time ive done it in 3 and a half years wfp. :(

second job of the day im cleaning away looking up and i fall backwards over a table and chairs and landed awkwardly on my right side.pole smashes into window but no damage to window or my extreme pole.im in agony though! :(.

got up and carried on til 330pm.i think ive just bruised the bottom of my ribcage.hopefully ive not cracked a rib.its very painful though.a customer gave me 2 paracetomol and ibuprofen.

other 2 times ive fell over little brick walls (again while looking up poling windows)but didnt hurt myself this bad!

ive had more accidents wfp in 3 and a half years than 17 years on the ladders!(fell off twice in all that time!).

be careful out there guys.its easily done. ::)roll

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

bobplum

Re: had accident wfp today
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 04:53:59 pm »
im going back on the ladders ....seems safer ;D

dannymack

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 05:03:01 pm »
I did that couple of weeks back, cleaning mates windows did
All the tops, came to do bottoms was walking along on the decking which I hate as got rid of mine as they are like an ice slating rink when wet. Next thing I'm on the floor pole whacks the window the bang was sooooo loud thought I ashes or at least cracked it but was ok. I wasn't hurt just felt abit of a sick head pmsl !!!! Whom invented decking is a twat !!!!

Paul T

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 05:05:48 pm »
I've list count of the times pile hose had nearly tripped me up.
You take away one hazard and end up with different ones

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 05:16:52 pm »
Should have done a risk assessment first and a method statement - it's your own fault!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 05:22:02 pm »
I have walked backwards and tripped over my warning signs!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

windiewasher

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 05:23:11 pm »
I broke my arm in 2 places,shattered my wrist and dislocated my hand and carried on cleaning windows in agony for 6 hours until the pain got too much and my arm swelled up so much.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 05:43:49 pm »

Priceless, Cleancare. It's all in the name.
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Ben wood

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »
Just the other week I had my biggest accident of the year. I forgot to put my hose reel in the van and reversed over it lol. Glad it only hurt the wallet.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:26:52 pm »
BVC see above post  ;)

H2GoKent

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 06:40:22 pm »
I was cleaning a block of flats and tripped over a bench fell across it still holding my 30 foot pole to end up laying on the bench like a tramp in the park, didn't drop the pole fortunately, but felt a bit silly.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 06:53:01 pm »
i reckon i would of got £500 on "you ve been framed" never mind £250!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

first thing i did was look around to see if anybody seen me fall!if they did i reckon they would of had a good laugh at my expense!! ;D ;D ;D

i think ill be taking it easy for a few days lads.still working but gonna take my time.ribs very sore.they even hurt when i breathe in! ::)roll

deeege

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 06:56:35 pm »
Rib injuries can be a nightmare Daz. I broke a rib a couple of years ago and it took nearly 6 months to completely heal. It would get loads better after a month or so then I would catch it on a door or handle or something and I'd be back to square one.

Loads of Ibroprufen for the next few days Daz!
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

C o z y

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 07:08:03 pm »
Rib injuries can be a nightmare Daz. I broke a rib a couple of years ago and it took nearly 6 months to completely heal. It would get loads better after a month or so then I would catch it on a door or handle or something and I'd be back to square one.

Loads of Ibroprufen for the next few days Daz!

Yep, been there, done that. Ribs are slow to heal.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 07:53:50 pm »
That's why I Moonwalk when I need to walk backwards.
Never had a problem.
Shamon.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gary999

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 08:37:23 pm »
going hot didnt solve that problem..eh twinkle toes :D

hope you heal quickly ;)

dai

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 09:13:21 pm »
I could have died last week when my Harris pole touched some overhead cables. I was looking down to avoid accidents like the above, when Bang! and a sound like arc welding. It was raining too, I guess the brush hit the wires not the pole or I wouldn't be here. I spoke to the house owner to see if he still had power. He did and told me he had complained about these wires being so low, a guy from Scottish Power came out and said the wiring on that street has been there since electric first came to the village 100 years ago. The whole lot is due for replacement in the next 3 months. Don't assume all these overhead wires feeding houses are insulated, some of the older ones are definitely not. I have reported the incident to Scottish power. These cables are coming in no more than 15ft from the ground.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 05:49:35 am »
It's the little country pumpkin towns you clean in dai! ;)

Seriously though I've caught poles on telephone wires before now.defo need to be more careful with wfp.

I make out I'm accident prone but to be honest i usually go through most days without a hitch but things happen from time to time.

Just woke up in agony about 30 mins ago.I need some stronger painkillers!I'm even thinking of having the day off but I can't see me doing that!I'm just gonna miss awkward windows and any ladder work.

deeege

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 06:41:49 am »
Have the day off Daz. Trust me rib injuries are a nightmare, you've gotta let it start to heal properly. I didn't and it affected my work for the best part of 6 months!

I'd consider taking the rest of the week off and get some very good anti inflamitries.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 09:37:49 am »
your right danny.every bit of me just wants to go to work but i cant breathe,walk or move without being in agony! ::)roll.

i think ive made it worse carrying on yesterday.i should of sacked it off.

best wishes danny

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 12:06:21 pm »

I have some spares you can have, they read: BEWARE OF THIS SIGN

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 04:01:59 pm »

It has to be one of the most ironic ( and moronic) accidents... I bet im not the only one  ;D

Avo

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 04:09:35 pm »
Did you struggle this morning daz..

I fell in a customers pond once  ;D I laugh now about it but wasn't funny at the time

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 04:13:45 pm »
you might struggle abit tomorrow morning daz..

I fell in a customers pond once  ;D I laugh now about it but wasn't funny at the time

Done that too, just the one leg though and when I was Trad  :D

combat1

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »
hope you are ok today Daz, day two often means its somewhat better or worse, hope its better.  Just read your post from awhile ago on preparing for the next day, brilliant, I've printed it off. Thanks for that. Best wishes Daz.

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 06:19:28 pm »
ive wrote the week off lads. ::)roll.its been a nice sunny winters day here as well!

hardly slept last night as i had to stay in one position!its a lot worse today.very painful.ive dosed up on codeine and ive rescheduled work by putting it all forward by one week.

ive just accepted it now.just gonna take it easy this week.ive got a few books to read.im currently read karl pilkingtons "the moaning of life".its pretty funny in parts!! ;D ;D

deeege

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 07:02:37 pm »
That's the right decision for the long term Daz. Don't forget to stay dosed up on anti-inflammatories to stop yourself ceasing up around your core.

I feel your pain mate, i suffered with it for literally months. :(

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 07:29:54 pm »
how did you do your ribs in danny?i dont think ive been in this much pain since i badly sprained my ankle playing football a few years ago! ::)roll

robertphil

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 07:35:47 pm »
dyou have a printer Daz ? im thinkin you could lay on the printer screen and print off a primitive Xray  to analyze  

thats reminded me, an excellent episode of Forensic Detectives where a guy was found in the sand on an Aussie beach. close exam proved he had been shot and the bullet broke one of his ribs .

deeege

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 08:11:51 pm »
how did you do your ribs in danny?i dont think ive been in this much pain since i badly sprained my ankle playing football a few years ago! ::)roll

Yes it's extremely painful. Unfortunately it will get worse over the next few days (week) before it gets any better. Keep moving your muscles though otherwise they cease up around the sore spot then you won't be able to move at all.

A friend very kindly broke mine for me after having a few too many drinks on Xmas eve.  >:(

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 08:18:52 pm »

I thought you meant spare ribs  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

PoleKing

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 08:43:33 pm »

I thought you meant spare ribs  ;D.

I prefer chicken & cashew nuts.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 09:58:41 pm »
thanks for the tips robertphil! ;D ;D ;D ;Di think ill give the forensic detectives a miss though!! ;D ;D ;D

good friends you ve got there danny! ::)roll ;D

robertphil

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »
thanks for the tips robertphil! ;D ;D ;D ;Di think ill give the forensic detectives a miss though!! ;D ;D ;D

good friends you ve got there danny! ::)roll ;D
i know you said you tripped but theres a chance you were actually shot in the ribs by a civil war carbine 

check for gunpowder burns