This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul ette

Re: anyone giving it a go tomorrow
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 07:39:05 am »
so wheres this storm, wasnt any storm round ere

Crystal-clear

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 07:51:31 am »
It's defo very windy flying roof tiles doesn't sound good debri on roads I don't think its worth it?

andyM

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 07:57:02 am »
Will probably nip out for an hour to put some "Your Windows Have Been Cleaned" slips through some customers doors.
Only the one's that are out at work though!  ;D
One of the Plebs

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 08:15:36 am »
Bristol was supposed to be at the centre of all the winds of this "perfect" storm.  ::)roll

Well my barometer reads 982mb but it's quiet and drizzly outside 9.30 pm. I reckon it's tracking 50 miles south of us and so Rosskeseva will get a soaking in Brighton. "They" do make a fuss on the BBC - anything less than the 30 degrees they get under the studio lights and they're whinging like schoolgirls on low chocolate rations.

It's quieter than the doldrums at the mo' and I have a school tomoz with gutters too. Then a small block of flats. So unless it is mental we're in for a bumper day.

Just phoned Dan and said be at my gaff for 8 o'clock and off we go. I think he was hoping for at least the morning off!  ;D

Told you ...

Woke up this am and watched the 6.30 local news and they cut to a reporter in "Clevedon" - actually stood in sight of Weston super Mare Pier -  ::)roll with its lights ablaze with not a hair out of place saying we've missed the worst of it here in the Bristol Channel ...

Oh and "they" closed both Severn  Bridges instead of one in a complete overreaction - why couldn't they get a toll operator to stand with an anemometer in his hand and say "right - 50 mph gusts close the old bridge and if it hits 70 close the new one?"

Moan, grumble and hope you guys on the south coast didn't lose your wigs!

It's a game of three halves!

Klean07

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 09:17:47 am »
Just a storm in a tea cup then eh!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

South Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 09:28:42 am »
A very wild night here in Swanage, But carmed down by 7am

Pure Glass

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 10:00:48 am »
Bit of my chimney is now in my garden. Happened about 7am. Think here in south Essex we got it pretty bad from around 5am. All calmed down now. Time to ring the insurance company, as I'd booked a morning off

Steve

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 10:16:18 am »
heavy heavy rain here.its forecast to clear up this afternoon so hopefully ill get half a day in!
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 11:14:56 am »
Day off today, gas man coming to repair my boiler  ;D

sunshine windows

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 11:34:03 am »
Been at my mums since 10am stuffing my face with cake and cups of tea.

Did a pub in a village just outside Swindon first thing and it was fine. Drive back to town and it's not stopped chucking it down
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 12:05:44 pm »
We were supposed to get it bad here (North Kent).  Couple of dead trees down in the local park, our empty wheely bin fell over ::)roll.

Whoever the prats were comparing it to 1987 are obviously too young to remember what that was like - the wind picked up salt from the English Channel and carried right across Kent and covered all my round in a thick sticky layer of salt - took two months to clean it all off - trad, of course in those days.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 12:38:28 pm »
We were supposed to get it bad here (North Kent).  Couple of dead trees down in the local park, our empty wheely bin fell over ::)roll.

Whoever the prats were comparing it to 1987 are obviously too young to remember what that was like - the wind picked up salt from the English Channel and carried right across Kent and covered all my round in a thick sticky layer of salt - took two months to clean it all off - trad, of course in those days.

Agreed.. we seem to have got away with the worst here (ipswich) obviously i havent done a tour of the county but half of rendlesham forest about 15 miles away (ufo landings  ;D) was taken out in the storm of 87 plus trees roofs and fences all over ipswich absolute carnage.

WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 01:41:34 pm »
Gusty winds and rain on and off no worse than your normal stormy winters day

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

8weekly

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2013, 02:26:58 pm »

SB Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 04:17:56 pm »
Been working in herefordshire today been a lovely day here :)

koopmaster

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 05:47:34 pm »
I started at 10 and although its been raining on and off all day I still managed to get a whole day done.

DeLuce

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2013, 06:01:46 pm »
After hearing the Damoclean weather forecast, I was prepared for a day off, but got the van ready to roll Sunday night, just in case.
Good job I was ready to roll as it was as quiet as a Utd fan here this morning. Little bit of light rain for 5mins and moderate wind toward the afternoon. Had a great day.
My weather forecast consists of looking out of my landing window in the morning and, if it's not hammering it down or a hurricane force gale, I'm off out.  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 06:09:19 pm »
all work completed that i had scheduled in for today.11am-430pm.it was very windy at times and heavy showers but cracked on.nearly all my customers paid as well so a good day considering the weather. ;)
price higher/work harder!

keyser soze

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 06:13:02 pm »
no where near as bad as i thought . full day completed bit wet though

DeLuce

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 06:13:49 pm »
P. S.
I can't believe meteorologists get paid an above average wage to forecast weather that doesn't transpire. So often that I take the forecast (even regional) with a pinch of salt. More often than not, I just don't bother listening to it.

Done well cracking on then Dazmond, you've had it far worse than me today. I'm in N. Wales.