This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kenny83

Anti freeze system....
« on: October 25, 2013, 08:15:39 pm »
Hi, does anyone have an antifreeze system fitted to their machine, like the type they have on drain jetters and brendon bowsers, if so is it possible to get some pics / info from you as i'm looking into setting one up on my machine ready for the winter, nothing worse than turning up for your first job with frozen hoses!
Or if anyone has ever used an anti freeze system that would be willing to discuss how they work?
thanks
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Rob_Mac

Re: Anti freeze system....
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:34:26 pm »
Lee

I've got a clip on one for the H & M - i'll take some pictures over the weekend and put them on here ;)

Rob ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:44:39 pm »
Ive always just used a drum of antifreeze. Run the machine until hoses fill.

Kenny83

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 09:03:47 pm »
Cheers Rob, that would be great.
Matt I thought about that but that would mean disconnecting the inlet pipe after each job to suck antifreeze, then there is the job of getting rid of all the antifreeze in the morning, does it use much or can you recycle it back into the drum? I'm hoping a proper antifreeze setup will work in that way where I can just turn a valve and it feeds to the hose then recirculate it back into the antifreeze chamber
Pressure Washing -

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 09:23:15 pm »
Lee

I will post the picture but that is what mine is - a fancy supply (my H & M is twin inlet) that needs the main inlets disconnecting each time and it then needs screwing onto the existing inlets.

Pain in the arse but good for the twin inlet.

I look at what it would cost if the system freezes up and when it gets cold into the van the antifreeze goes.

We drop the brass filter into the tub of antifreeze, switch her on, without the lance and when AF comes through switch it off. Switch it on in the morning back into the same drum.

It had a set up system when I bought it but when I had the upgrade pump out it came.

Rob ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 10:11:28 pm »
Lee,

Ive got a T piece ball valve coming out of my tank. Turn the handle and it feeds the machine. Turn the handle the othere way and i can empty the tank. Ive also got a valve on the tank so i can close the tank off if that makes sense. All i do is fill a drum with AF and close the tank. Drop the hose in and open the t valve and run the machine.

I can take a pic and text it tomorrow if you want.

I buy antifreeze concentrate. 25l makes about 2000l. I just re use the same stuff about 5 or 6 times.

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 11:22:30 pm »
I had an antifreeze system on my Harben in the van but given the price of antifreeze and the fact the hose sizes are big and long it costs a fortune to use it. The antifreeze gets massively diluted because of the hose runs it was cheaper to get an eberspacer. The system has an L valve on the inlet to either suck from the water or antifreeze tanks and then you just run the machine until it comes out of the hose. If you have an unloader you have to load and bypass it to protect both sides.I can run my Harben dry and I thought about a compressed air system to purge the water out, it gets a small fan heater at night.  Roger went to the trouble to do a write up which is well worth searching to read.

Kenny83

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 11:52:32 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback lads, I think I've got it now, so basically I could just stick a ball valve on the other inlet port on my pump, with a small chemical filter on the end and drop that in a drum off anti freeze and run for a minute or so at the end of the day, in the morning close it off and run what ever is in the pump back into the drum for the next night's use.
Pressure Washing -

Kenny83

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 11:53:15 pm »
ps, pictures would be great matt / rob if you get chance.
Pressure Washing -

Matt Gibson

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 08:04:07 am »
Carl makes a good point. You need the run the machine with the trigger open until antifreeze comes out the lance then release the trigger until antifreeze fills your return to tank pipe. I didnt use to do that and my rtt froze solid. Had to waste a day defrosting it.

The dilution of the antifreeze doesnt have to be much. Just a bit of antifreeze in the water will stop it freezing.

BDCS

Blast Away

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 07:53:31 pm »
The Falch Crew will be taking these steps this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMbtJO8pUTU

Kenny83

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 08:28:02 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=66526.0
thanks for digging that out Carl, going to get a 3 way ball valve and get ready for winter.
Pressure Washing -

BDCS

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »
We did ask for stickies so these useful posts could be stored for reference but that never happened - who is the moderator for this section ? Have I asked that before ? If I mentioned the work b lack they would delete the post but ................

I really hope drive surgeon never gets one of those purple things else he'd have hoses connected all over the show and wellies full of glycol  ;D ;D ;D

Kenny83

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 09:02:01 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D I was lost at 1 minute into the video, seems alot of faffing around that, surely it would be more simple to put a ball valve / pick up pipe somewhere inlet hose? (even I've worked that out and I've only got to grips with anti freeze in the last 24 hours)  ;D
Pressure Washing -

Matt Gibson

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 09:31:12 pm »
You get my email Lee K?

Kenny83

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 10:41:14 am »
Yes, thanks Matt, very helpful and very simple mate. Just in the middle of deciding which Van pack to go for so will be adding this on when it's installed
Pressure Washing -

Matt Gibson

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 06:14:39 pm »
No worries mate. You buying new or a second hand jetter?

Kenny83

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »
2nd hand mate, you know of any matt?
Pressure Washing -