Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

About wrapping vehicle

My vehicle is fully wrapped, it is a good investment – I got better response
My vehicle is fully wrapped, it is not a good investment
I would wrap my vehicle, I think it is a good investment
I would not wrap my vehicle, I think it is not a good investment
Vehicle livery is all you need
About wrapping vehicle
« on: March 11, 2006, 01:51:33 pm »
I wonder whether it worth spending on full wrapping of your commercial.

I have bought a new Citroen Berlingo Multispace for my domestic cleaning business, it could be fully wrapped for under £1000 including VAT. 

Has anybody here got a fully wrapped vehicle, do they think that the money was well spent.  Any thoughts / comments.

Regards
Arthur

garyj

Re: About wrapping vehicle
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 02:42:55 pm »
Will you wrap it yourself or go to a shop and get them to wrap it for you?

If I was buying new I would expect it fully wrapped, but if it was second hand probably not. Clinton's do a good range, but they are expensive, not sure how long it would last either.

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 02:53:57 pm »
Arthur

I would say £1000 + vat = £1175 is good value for money.  Divide this by the length of time you keep the vehicle.

Lets say you keep it for Six years. = 312 weeks

£1175 divided by 312 weeks  = £3.76 a week for advertising your business.

It's not bad Arthur, and better than a lot of advertising.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 03:03:36 pm »
Gary,
You cannot wrap it yourself, it is a skilled job (;D just like cleaning ;D) you should be able to see here how its done.  Wrapping guaranteed (I think) for about 4-5 years, I am not very sure for how long it actually lasts.

Dave,
The quote I have got is £800 plus VAT, so just under £1000 including VAT, but it is for Berlingo, which is small vehicle.

Regards,
Arthur

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 03:27:56 pm »
...If I was buying new I would expect it fully wrapped, but if it was second hand probably not...

Nice one, Gary ;D

tomh

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »
arthur
thanks for that last post as didnt know what everyone was on about ! can you post where you can get this done in uk as thinking about getting ex post combo van about £3000 so if wraped will make no diffrence what the colour is so have a very presentable van for around £4000 in all what a cool idea
thanks
Tom

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 03:54:48 pm »
Tom,

I am sure that there many companies where you live which would wrap your vehicle, just take a look at “sign writers” in the yellow pages.  Company which is going to wrap my Citroen is in Northumberland T: 0845 1300 118.

Regards,
Arthur

tomh

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 04:09:04 pm »
arthur
just thought it might be a bit more specialized than your average sign writers
thanks
Tom

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 04:29:44 pm »
Tom,

You would be surprised how many “sign writers” advertise as companies which do vehicle wraps.  You can also Google “vehicle wraps” and may find something locally.  However, you got the phone number ::), I have nothing to hide ;).

Regards,
Arthur

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 05:32:17 pm »
Even better Arthur

Keep vehicle for six years

Cost £1000 divided by six years or  312 weeks  =  £3.21 a week on advertising.

Good value for money.

I think i would only do this if i was buying a new van though like you are.

Dave

the red carpet

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 06:24:16 pm »
would make a used van look as good as new as well
no more scratches, no more chips, cover up the rust, you could have a bright shiny van for a couple of grand

craigp

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 06:33:34 pm »
what about getting them off when its time to sell?

be a nightmare job! lol ;D

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 06:46:13 pm »
what about getting them off when its time to sell?

be a nightmare job! lol ;D

As I understand it would be quite simple job, they guarantee that paint will not suffer from the wrap.

I am going to wrap a passenger Berlingo, it is not a van.  Passenger’s windows and the back window can be covered as well, so from outside you can see a part of the image placed on the window, but from inside of the car you would still be able to see through… 

I have just not checked with my insurer whether wrapping increases my premium...

Regards,
Arthur

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 07:28:04 pm »
...I have just not checked with my insurer whether wrapping increases my premium...

Contacted my insurance today - esure.com, they said that if I wrap my car they will not insure me…  :(

Regards,

Arthur

tomh

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 08:35:55 pm »
arthur
would have thought that esure.com don't insure commercial motors maybe wrapping it put's it in that bracket ! my truck was up for renewal the other week but my previous insurer was brought out by swinton's  who were still by far the cheapest by nearly half although last year never touched commercial's so would try them if i were you ! i don't have there number but you know where to look !
Tom

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 08:40:58 pm »
Hi Tom,
That is what I am doing now  ;), but all business insurers do not as late as I do  ;D, so I will phone them tumorrow, tnx,
Regards,
Arthur

PaulKing

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 09:16:50 pm »
Maybe Esure think your GANGSTER WRAPPING your berlingo, they could be concerned that you going to  BLING BLING it up and do drive by shootings?

How about magnetic signs for the doors,know it not as good as wrapping but cheaper and easily removed at the end of the day, if you don't want to see work parked on yourdriveway?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 09:48:08 pm »
Lol Paul,  ;D

I think for me having an eye catching car, driving it all day around the area which we are trying to take over ;D is the best way of advertising, so I will try to find an affordable insurance…

Regards,
Arthur

craigp

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 03:36:48 pm »
you got a give it to the yanks!!

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 10:49:47 pm »
Give this guy a ring for any quotation on Signs wrapping
Tony 0208 684 8888
he is inexpensive