This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michael Peterson

Re: Want cheap hot water?
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 07:49:36 pm »
do you use a controller and which pump?

jarvy

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 07:54:59 pm »
Sureflo pump and digi controller.  The boiler wont fire up until flow rate on controller is 50+.
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

LWC

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 08:02:31 pm »
Ordered thanks  ;D

jarvy

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 08:40:48 pm »
Ordered thanks  ;D
Your welcome!
Thats what the forum is all about,sharing ideas and tips.

trippyboy

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 08:55:11 pm »
I think I stick to using a kettle
Good for you.
6kg lpg costs about £16-17 from go outdoors. Bigger bottles work out more cost effective in gas.
£17 a week seems like a lot of dough to pull out

jarvy

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 09:18:20 pm »
About 3 or 4 quid a day,not much if it helps keep you working when its colder.
Its not everybodys cup of tea,but it makes working more bareable for me when its chilly.

H20cleaning

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 10:30:12 pm »
Tbf i would probly only use it on extremely cold days... Or on cold ish mornings run some hot to soften the pipes, and for conservatorys and facias so will be a great buy for me!! Thank you

Lee GLS

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 10:58:01 pm »
Good for you.
6kg lpg costs about £16-17 from go outdoors. Bigger bottles work out more cost effective in gas.

i fill mine at the petrol station, it costs £15 to fill, 21 litres, and lasts 6 days supplying 2 reels

ben M

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 11:08:18 pm »
Good for you.

i fill mine at the petrol station, it costs £15 to fill, 21 litres, and lasts 6 days supplying 2 reels
Have you got the safefill bottle Lee?

kempy

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 11:25:10 pm »
I like a few others bought one of ebay , about £95 .
It's did last years winter no problem for about 2/3 months . I've left it for 8 months and just put the Duracell batteries back in and it's fired up first time quality .

It cuts out every 20 mins but because I use the aqua adaptor or any other pole valve it doesn't cut out as I shut it off when closing the pole on and off.
Tremendous bit of kit
 6 litre LPG
Similar to the picture on this thread , but about £90 now I think

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 12:47:13 am »
just bought one!no idea how to fit it though! :(

if there is anyone in the manchester/cheshire area who could help me out with fitting it there would be a few drinks in it for them! ;) :)

i dont have ply lining but there must be another way of fitting it to side of van.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Lee GLS

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 06:46:18 am »
The guys that have just bought one, did you big the one in the link by the OP? If so that is the wrong one , you need the LPG version not the natural has one.

Spruce

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 07:42:26 am »
The guys that have just bought one, did you big the one in the link by the OP? If so that is the wrong one , you need the LPG version not the natural has one.

Agree.

They didn't listen first time. Chances are they won't this time.

There is an interchangeability between propane and butane (just) but not LPG and natural gas. I wonder what regulator they are going to try to use.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

LWC

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 08:13:13 am »
I dont understand? I didnt know there was any difference, just saw the post and seen he used it for last 2 years?  ???

Lee GLS

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 08:23:07 am »
I dont understand? I didnt know there was any difference, just saw the post and seen he used it for last 2 years?  ???

You may already have the LPG version, but the link is fit the natural gas version. You cannot run a natural gas heater on LPG as it will run too hot.

Most of these heaters come as LPG or natural gas, you just need to make sure you buy the correct one.

rah

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 08:54:28 am »

if there is anyone in the manchester/cheshire area who could help me out with fitting it there would be a few drinks in it for them! ;) :)

i dont have ply lining but there must be another way of fitting it to side of van.

regards

dazmond

Hi Daz,

Providing we've bought the correct heater!!! FFS,

I have a guy who works with me dab hand at all this type of thing, once we've got ours fitted, your welcome to come up and sort your out if you wish?

Rob.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

ben M

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2013, 09:04:31 am »

regards

dazmond
did you buy the natural gas water heater Daz? if yes, it could be useful in your bathroom but not in your van  ;) ;D ;D

H20cleaning

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, 09:46:55 am »
Thanks god i didnt buy one.
I just want one no matter how much money, but i dont wanna drill a hole for a flue pipe if it can be helped. I have a nissan primastar with bulkhead in and i always work with the back doors open? Any ideas

kempy

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 09:54:47 am »
This is the one you really want
Type this into ebay
300 767  314 267

Mines onto its 2nd year with some new Duracell batteries
Easy to mount onto your ply lining back door or inside van with a flu .
Easy to connect up

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 09:55:04 am »
haha yes ben ordered the wrong one! :( ;D

its my own fault for ordering on a whim late last night.to be honest there has been posts about these heaters on the search button from the same seller.they look like cheap boilers from china but are nt most heaters made in china?

anyway sent email to see if i can change to the propane heater although if you read the second advert in the link it mentions propane at the top and further down says it runs on natural gas? ::)roll

entirely my fault for being a numpty!oh well its only £60 lost!

thinking of ordering a corwoods one now! ;D ;Dmore expensive but they look better made.ill get a local plumber to fit mine properly.gotta give hot water a go in the colder months.its the stiff hose that does my head in and not being able to scrub off ice on unheated porches/connies. ;D

have you got yours set up now ben?
price higher/work harder!