This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

domestic bliss

How to clean upvc window frames
« on: March 10, 2006, 04:56:39 pm »
Can anyone help with what to clean it with.  i have used normal multi cleaner but it doesn't come up clean.
It is stained with soot from a faulty boiler as are the tiles and the wall.
Thanks in advance

keith b

Re: How to clean upvc window frames
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 06:12:15 pm »
Hi,

Basically you want a upvc solvent cleaner.

Go to a trade outlet that supplies cladding & conservatory materials connected to upvc, they normally have it.
Companies like "everbuild" and "siroflex" manufacturer this product, just type these names into your search engine!

good luck

Flood School

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 06:16:31 pm »
Soot is generaly acidic in nature and has therefore probably discoloured the upvc. Normally if you can clean it with a high alkaline cleaner within 48 hrs you'll be ok. Assuming this is not the case and the windows are white upvc - try some normal white car t-cut in a small area, if this works, go for it. It can be time consuming but cheaper than replacing the windows, so best to price it per hour instead of piece work, based on your trial area. I've got some other ideas if this doesn't work, but it is the least aggresive to start with.

Best of luck

Chris Netherton

clifford123

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 06:25:18 pm »
got this from my neighbour to clean the residual glue after stripping vinyl off my van.......ever build, PVCu solvent cleaner....did the trick and he uses for cleaning pvc window frames :-*

domestic bliss

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 06:45:11 pm »
Thanks everyone

M Walker

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 07:07:54 pm »
You can get a cream cleaner especially designed for PVC it works very well on rust stains and general tarnishing I use it often I will post the name of it later when I go out to my van it eludes me at the moment
Regards
Mark Walker
The Exeter Cleaning Company Ltd

Boston Spa Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 08:16:21 pm »
try ciff cream cleaner just the same as the pvc one or try everbuild wonderwipes

steve doyle

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 11:21:16 pm »
I used thompsons upvc cleaner/restorer on a door it worked like t-cut,
It did take a while and some elbow grease but managed to remove felt tip stain! (i had tried about 6 or 7 products before the tompsons)
 if you use a dark cloth you will see if turning white and then you know it is taking a tiny layer off and the staining also with a bit of luck ;)

Regards steve