This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KT1

Re: Opinions please....
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 09:01:27 pm »
Darren I pay a license to access data, so im dealing with counties that have maybe 45000 records a piece, nothing to do with being ltd, its just a service I buy into, nothing major, not sure about the VAT reg or LTD stuff whys that Darren?

LTD - Liquidated damages to be ascertained............ Profit share, but you can take I believe upto I dont know I been told two stories by two different accountants, 32k/43/K but your initial earnings are around 7K

PoleKing

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 09:03:59 pm »
Each to their own...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 09:27:13 pm »
I must admit I have started to look at this as line with doing larger operation.

Where you would have access to Phone/Laptop/Application which had all your jobs and they be added as and when and customer would call in and you would be booked into appointment on a free time.

I know ALOT big companies do this with Traveling guys such as Drivers.  They book you to collect parcel at 12pm as they know you be just driving to next point. 

What would be useful is just taking details and explaining basic of the product and service and then converting it into appointment.

deeege

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 09:37:17 pm »

LTD - Liquidated damages to be ascertained............ Profit share, but you can take I believe upto I dont know I been told two stories by two different accountants, 32k/43/K but your initial earnings are around 7K

What the....?  I don't even......?

Nope I give up. Could someone please translate the above, thanks in advance.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

KT1

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2013, 09:42:24 pm »
What dont you get degee?

deeege

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2013, 09:44:51 pm »
Re-read the bolded sentence. Does it make sense to you?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

KT1

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 10:05:45 pm »
Are you asking about a LTD company youve confused me now

H20cleaning

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 11:30:27 pm »
well that escalated quickly.

why doesn't everyone divert there landline calls to their mobile and buy a Bluetooth headset ??? wouldn't you rather stop cleaning for 2 mins every few hours rather than pay someone to do such a easy job!!

mark dew

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 11:53:32 pm »
well that escalated quickly.

why doesn't everyone divert there landline calls to their mobile and buy a Bluetooth headset ??? wouldn't you rather stop cleaning for 2 mins every few hours rather than pay someone to do such a easy job!!

Yes absolutely. For us sole traders it is a ridiculous thought to complicate something so fundamental to our existence.

But for larger operations it would probably be better received. This type of service could also be an option for anyone going away on holiday for awhile and couldn't be contacted directly.

Friendly advice for kate, keep posting cos I like reading them (and the reactions make me grin).  :)
But i'm confused about where the sentence about ltd companies came from? Have I missed something?

deeege

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 11:54:39 pm »

H20 cleaning,

Can you imagine what some on here would speak like on a telephone, after knowing how negative some of them are ?

Read the thread again Archer.

Becci asked for opinions on her idea and the general consensus was that the service was not needed. She got some good feedback both for and against.

........Then Kate comes stumbling in from out of nowhere and posts a load of nonsense.

No negativity mate.

H20cleaning

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 12:00:00 am »

H20 cleaning,

Can you imagine what some on here would speak like on a telephone, after knowing how negative some of them are ?
lol i still dont think a large scale window cleaning business needs someone? I know a guy who has 2 vans 3 workers plus himself and he handles all calls when needed, has around 700 customers and manages fine.
Then for anyone larger than 2 or 3 vans surely already employ someone who could do this?

deeege

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 12:19:59 am »
Degree,

Don't need to read the thread again, it was aimed at how negative some people are in general on here, no matter what people post trying to be helpful, and then they come on trying to put others down.

That goes for most threads

Welcome to the internet.

colin purewater

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 07:10:00 am »

I wasn't talking about the Internet, I was talking about this forum

Was it only 6 months ago you got banded for
Aggressive and threatening behaviour archer???

If you could let everyone no were you got your
Personality transplant from I'm sure it would make
Ciu a better place  ::)roll
keep it simple

colin purewater

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2013, 09:08:17 am »
Nope, not me.. My wife is a accountant
So no need for any advice

Yes I do have kids thanks  ???

Please stop ringing me Chris  very busy today
keep it simple

Becci Swan

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2013, 12:34:46 pm »
What would be useful is just taking details and explaining basic of the product and service and then converting it into appointment.

Hi Chris

This is the type of service that I was thinking of...

You transfer your calls to us when you know you will be unable to answer, we answer the call "Good morning, Example Window Cleaning Services, Becci speaking, how can I help?" and deal with the enquiry with view to converting into an appointment - of which we have experience in from our commercial telesales service.

With regards to knowing your availability a Google calendar is only one option available. You guys must have a schedule for your week written down somewhere - even if you just provide us with a scanned copy of (legible) handwriting, we can then know when you will be free and can text you the details as soon as it is booked.

At the end of the day we provide you with a basic spreadsheet showing who called, when, reason for their call and the outcome.

I am not trying to over-complicate things, just trying to ascertain whether this is a potential requirement that I could provide a solution for.
Looking for new commercial or residential customers?
Contact me at becciswan8@gmail.com for targeted marketing campaign services for UK businesses

AuRavelling79

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2013, 03:13:04 pm »
Not for me Becci, but thanks anyway.
It's a game of three halves!

robbo333

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2013, 05:37:36 pm »
I think there may be an opportunity...
I did some leaflet drops over the summer (5,000 a time) and the response was good.
I'm a one-man-band and I found that handling all the calls was a pain. It interrupted my workflow and you obviously need to write people's details down (which takes time). I could have used an answerphone but didn't want to risk losing a potential customer; leaflets and distribution aren't cheap!
Big companies employ people to answer the phone, but as a sole trader I would rather spend my time cleaning and earning.
I think if I was doing a big sales drive, then perhaps I would employ the services of someone to save me the time of being on the phone.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

gary mcd

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2013, 06:06:17 pm »
Agree with robbo333.

It's a good idea for when you have a sales drive on, but day to day don't know if it's needed.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2013, 07:09:04 pm »
basically you might get somewhere per calls answered im not sure if people would pay a flat rate as all day they might get 1 call so say 8 hours x £3 thats £24 spent and maybe the customer was just a £6 front or maybe no calls at all.

but again maybe its something that might work for larger window cleaning companys who do get alot of calls that said at £3 per hour it would be worth answering and doing there admin maybe 30+ calls a day for £24 thats at least a 50% saving on an in office admin girl!
but i dont think it would be worth your while answering and setting up 30 calls for £24 a day it would surely get in the way of things and become more of am annoyence then a nice little add on :)

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2013, 07:52:45 pm »
I pay 77p a call for somebody call me to my Answering Service.

I don't get charged for Sales Calls however the same company if I need to could do Appointment Setting but I just need to pay a Set Up fee.