This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Archer

Re: ionics pole is poop but agree with £60 per hour
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 02:23:08 pm »

Ste M,

I could not have worded it better myself, quite right.

Them £4.00 ones soon add up and can be very profitable, that was what I was trying to explain, but obviously I have some big work.

You are right again, it is not a terraced house and I have 2 lads on it, although on a couple of occasions 1 lad does it, needless to say it is quite posh  ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2013, 03:22:45 pm »

Rosskesava,

not sure if the willy waving is aimed at me ?

if you read the replies I state that £8.00 and £4.00 are good and that's what I am happy with, but for some it is poor prices, and I have read on many topics people belittling lower prices.

I made my point initially saying if you are happy and charging what you are happy with then that's all that matters.

I then decide to show a good price, and for that reason it is trying to show off, which is totally untrue.

Archer mate, that definitely wasn't aimed at you at all. I used your posting as you clarified what the original posting was about which was earning a pound a minute with a minimum charge.

The willy waving bit was about the £850 house and maybe posting what I did wasn't a good idea.

I agree totally that if someone is happy with their prices then that's what's important.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

roundbuilder

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2013, 03:24:43 pm »
Its not about min or max price its more the average throughout your business.
if an average price is £4 then that is poor and if average is £850 that would be superb.
if you have 400 customers,200 are £10 and 200 are £20 the average price of £15 would be more of what matters not the odd £4 or £850 house.

Dave Willis

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2013, 05:08:32 pm »
£60 an hour is sooo last year! It's generally thought that £70 an hour is a good starting point for new cleaners now.

PoleKing

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2013, 05:21:24 pm »
£60 an hour is sooo last year! It's generally thought that £70 an hour is a good starting point for new cleaners now.

How can you live on that though Fuff?
I mean, surely you'd be better off on the dole.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

ascjim

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 05:23:07 pm »
gardiners changed my life

DG Cleaning

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 05:23:35 pm »
My lowest paid properties are where I achieve my best hourly rate, so its all relative.

Archer

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 05:28:23 pm »
Rosskesava,

its ok mate no worries, sorry.

I was only origionally commenting as I had said I couldn't see what is wrong with jobs under £10.00, and said I have jobs at lower prices than that, but it is all about what your happy with, and don't dismiss the lower prices because added up they can be very lucrative over the course of the week.

I wasn't for one minute willy waving, I was merely making a statement that people can jump to conclusions very quickly on here with regards to lower prices, that's all.

Archer

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 05:28:58 pm »

DG Cleaning,

that is my point exactly.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 06:23:50 pm »
Great minds Archer ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 06:37:00 pm »
gardiners changed my life

Life can seem so unfulfilled without an SLX.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 07:01:14 pm »
£60 an hour?yes i hit that some days but not hour after hour!6-7 hours a day!

the truth is charge what you think is a fair price for the job depending on area,your living expenses,access and whether you want to take the job on in the first place.

as for poles forget ionics and buy a 25 ft gardiners extreme as your main pole if you clean mainly domestics and small to medium commercial.you wont regret it as its a superb pole.best one ive ever used.

any higher work up to 50ft id also purchase an extreme 47.

very best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »

Don't understand the £8.00 jobs, I understand them perfectly well to be honest and don't see anything wrong with them, but that's just my opinion.

I get the feeling chris that like alot of window cleaners on here , many of whom started in recent years , his work is most likely spread out , ie one job then travel , making £8 houses hard to make money on, compact rounds are  a very rare thing now unless you have had them years and / or bought them

I have compact work of £8 houses and make as much money on them as i do on work that i have recently canvassed that is spread out and charge much more per house.

Price per house means little in the grand scheme of things as there is so much else to factor in... i spent all day today on a council estate where the prices are £4-7 each , i make the same money as i do in posh areas with much higher priced work , although it is slightly harder graft, as lots of it is fortnightly and the windows are small , very low and easy to clean .

It is what someone consistently earns hour after hour , week in and week out that would make me impressed or not, at their business , not one or two well priced houses

Sean Dyer

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2013, 07:47:58 pm »
Also - £60 an hour for a sole trader, for 6 hours a day x 5 days a week =£1800 a week

I will believe it when i see it i'm afraid... most sole traders would be extremely happy at 50% of that week after week, maybe a very exclusive bunch get close , but it definitely isn't the average window cleaning experience, it is far removed from reality to think sole traders are doing £60 an hour all week.

However the principle of aiming for it is right, shoot for the stars and you may get to the moon etc