This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Working with Becci Swann
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:10 pm »
I'll just pop in here, firstly the thread was about working with becci swan, we have and unfortunately we drew a blank - there's no hard feelings here its business and no where did mrs smudger lambast becci

So lets no try to turn this into a comfrontational thread

With previous experience its a total waste of every bodies time if a client is happy with the current cleaner, mainly because we're not interested in cleaning a 25 bedroom guest house plus extras for £15.   We are interested in those who are not happy with service or quality of their current cleaner

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Shane O Neill

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 09:29:12 pm »
What areas do you concentrate on Becci ? I'm here in Manchester

Becci Swan

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:15 pm »

Hi Shane
We work across the UK and Ireland. It would be great to have the opportunity to work with you and your company, however we are already working with a window cleaner in Manchester and I ensure not to take on clients that will overlap on services.
If you want to drop me an email (address in my profile) I can get back to you should this situation change.
Looking for new commercial or residential customers?
Contact me at becciswan8@gmail.com for targeted marketing campaign services for UK businesses

Shane O Neill

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 09:43:39 pm »

Hi Shane
We work across the UK and Ireland. It would be great to have the opportunity to work with you and your company, however we are already working with a window cleaner in Manchester and I ensure not to take on clients that will overlap on services.
If you want to drop me an email (address in my profile) I can get back to you should this situation change.

Great thanks Becci was just thinking about what if you are working for others. If its Archer he has enough work  ;D !!

Ok
Will drop you an email in the morning cheers.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 10:02:58 pm »
what you mean you spent £50 and didnt get a £700 a month cash under the mat gate open cherry!!!???

i bet she didnt even turn up backpacked with a pure water demonstration to quote the job too  :o
no no no this just wont do at all   ;D

not having a go at you mr smuder!
its just we window cleaners do often expect the moon on a stick  ;D

on a serious note
i think she is easy to work with quite direct reasonable priced i hope she does well im sure she will try her best for everyone it is a numbers game end of the day!

give it another try she seems like the person that will go the extra mile and at least get you a good lead! :)

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 10:46:59 pm »
I'll just pop in here, firstly the thread was about working with becci swan, we have and unfortunately we drew a blank - there's no hard feelings here its business and no where did mrs smudger lambast becci

With previous experience its a total waste of every bodies time if a client is happy with the current cleaner, mainly because we're not interested in cleaning a 25 bedroom guest house plus extras for £15.   We are interested in those who are not happy with service or quality of their current cleaner

Darran
Totally agree. You are much better targeting those that either don't have a windowcleaner or ar dissatisfied with their current one.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 10:53:28 pm »

Darran
Totally agree. You are much better targeting those that either don't have a windowcleaner or ar dissatisfied with their current one.

i think these are the only ones that will let you quote,£15 25 bedroom buger that!, no point under cuting its a false eco

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 11:15:53 pm »
what you mean you spent £50 and didnt get a £700 a month cash under the mat gate open cherry!!!???

i bet she didnt even turn up backpacked with a pure water demonstration to quote the job too  :o

i bet she didnt even t
on a serious note
i think she is easy to work with quite direct reasonable priced i hope she does well im sure she will try her best for everyone it is a numbers game end of the day!

give it another try she seems like the person that will go the extra mile and at least get you a good lead! :)

Sorry that's totally lost me  :-[

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 11:18:25 pm »

i bet she didnt even t
on a serious note

Sorry that's totally lost me  :-[

Darran

just ignor it its ment to be somewhat of a joke not directed at you at all  :)

roundbuilder

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 08:16:28 am »
Its nice you feel that way about not treading on other people toes but in reality how safe are you from others doing it to you?? dog eat dog springs to mind for me wether that sounds selfish or not im in it for the money and easy life, not to gain friends.
it may be the case with domestic but with commercial business is business and if i can offer a better price and still earn a nice amount from it then ill happily give my price!.
Do you actualy think another window cleaner would care if you was doing 10 linked schools for 10k throughout the year and not say they will do it for 8k being given the chance?? -Of course they would so why wouldnt you??. Thats business.
Look at asda, tesco, sainsbury and the likes!! Always having price wars.
Money talks and every company wants to save money.

dave0123

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 11:15:06 am »
Its nice you feel that way about not treading on other people toes but in reality how safe are you from others doing it to you?? dog eat dog springs to mind for me wether that sounds selfish or not im in it for the money and easy life, not to gain friends.
it may be the case with domestic but with commercial business is business and if i can offer a better price and still earn a nice amount from it then ill happily give my price!.
Do you actualy think another window cleaner would care if you was doing 10 linked schools for 10k throughout the year and not say they will do it for 8k being given the chance?? -Of course they would so why wouldnt you??. Thats business.
Look at asda, tesco, sainsbury and the likes!! Always having price wars.
Money talks and every company wants to save money

could not have put it better myself, plus these places usually looking to save money throughout the year.

window cleaning to business out of all the things they pay for and running costs isn't that important if they save money the will change.. its probably the last thing they are worried about in running there hotel or nursing home or what ever
Dave.

Smudger

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 02:31:18 pm »
Of course you have a very valid point Mick - but we would rather have work that is priced well for us, provide a great service and build relationships with the client, this way when a telecanvasser/door canvasser etc comes a calling we have a good enough relationship, that we do not loose the job, at worst they tell us they are getting other prices and can we match it? Well thats the theory, this is because the job has been won with a realtionship attatched not just purely a price factor. Now I am not saying it works all the time - but so far so good

Customers that are PURELY on price you may find it hard to keep them as, as soon as someone touts for business they will say yes, and just go with the lowest price.

I will stress again if people are HAPPY with their window cleaner (service and price) then we are NOT interested in undercutting, we have a loyal strong customer base, we are selective with our commercial client base. If we wanted to get involved in big tenders and this may come at some point if we want this type of work then maybe our requirements will change. Its the same when we knock doors, if someone has a window cleaner and they are happy, we NEVER tout for his business, we simply thank them and move on to the next door. I am not saying it is wrong to, BUT for our business ethos it is wrong for us. Its an approach we do not choose to use. Of course IF they are NOT HAPPY, and we always ask why, then we are more than happy to quote and (hopefully) get the work.

I am super on the knocker and on the phones (but roles have evolved and I do not have as much time for it as I would like) and I am confident I could pick up lots of "under-cutter/aggressive sale" type work, no commitment let me pop round see if I can give you a better price type pitch, but for now that is not want we are looking for.

I will add that we picked up some super telecanvas based work this year from care homes and schools, all of whom did not have a window cleaner, we have charged good prices and provided an excellent service, and also are building good relationships with the clients.

Mrs Smudger x

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 02:38:15 pm »
Mrs smudger try some of the business premises in cromer they seem to lot of dirty glass  :o
Spit and polish

PAUL JAMES

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 09:58:26 pm »
Just a quick reply from me as we asked Becci to do some work for us just this week. I found Becci very professional and courteous and all communication/contact was also very speedy and professional. The result was two booked appointments and a few e-mails/leads to follow up which I will be doing early next week. Out of the two appointments we secured a contract on a nursing home for £60 every four weeks and completed the first clean on the day of agreeing the contract. Becci was value for money and as stated in another reply on this thread it is a gamble but for us one that was well worth taking.
We will certainly be using Beccis services again.
 :) :) :)
Just as an add on the first appointment was for another very large nursing home and they had it done by three lads with traditional cleaning methods. The amount they charged????  £30 every four weeks!!!
The manager of the nursing home even stated that she knew they were getting away with underpaying but if the windie was happy they were happy. I didn,t hang around long to discuss prices.

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 10:22:34 pm »
Just a quick reply from me as we asked Becci to do some work for us just this week. I found Becci very professional and courteous and all communication/contact was also very speedy and professional. The result was two booked appointments and a few e-mails/leads to follow up which I will be doing early next week. Out of the two appointments we secured a contract on a nursing home for £60 every four weeks and completed the first clean on the day of agreeing the contract. Becci was value for money and as stated in another reply on this thread it is a gamble but for us one that was well worth taking.
We will certainly be using Beccis services again.
Just as an add on the first appointment was for another very large nursing home and they had it done by three lads with traditional cleaning methods. The amount they charged????  £30 every four weeks!!!
The manager of the nursing home even stated that she knew they were getting away with underpaying but if the windie was happy they were happy. I didn,t hang around long to discuss prices.

That's exactly why we don't go looking for "happy with current windie" as the only way to get that work would be to charge £25

We agree with this entire post as already said we have no problems with becci but under our remit she was unfortunate not to get any leads but would use again an the appropriate time

Best regards to all
Darran

Shane O Neill

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 10:32:26 pm »
[quote author=Smudger link=topic=175707.msg1484439#msg1484439 date

Customers that are PURELY on price you may find it hard to keep them as, as soon as someone touts for business they will say yes, and just go with the lowest price.

I will stress again if people are HAPPY with their window cleaner (service and price) then we are NOT interested in undercutting, we have a loyal strong customer base, we are selective with our commercial client base.
[/quote]

Smudger u speak a lot of sense with sound principles pity not more with ur attitude ! I reckon u will go much further than any sharks in the business