This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pdale

Re: Canvassing training
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 01:01:14 am »
I'd be happy to spend some time training.

I started window cleaning upon leaving school in 1986 from canvassing, had a break for a few years and canvassed for double glazing, trained teams of canvassers at the time, sold cable TV, Gas/Electric in the 90's door to door, ended up going back to window cleaning, canvassed my rounds, sold a couple and this year been canvassing for a few window cleaners (for which i can provide references).

I don't give any guarantees (as i think talk is cheap and the proof of the pudding is in the eating), to give you some idea of what i'm capable of last month I got £1850 on a four weekly turn over for one guy in 7 working days, this month £850 for another in 5 working days and currently on target to do the same for another.

I am currently booked up for around another month with repeat business, but be happy to do something for you then. In the mean time if you wish to get in touch for some free advice feel free.
Where am I knocking today?

roundbuilder

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 09:23:14 am »
I'd be happy to spend some time training.

I started window cleaning upon leaving school in 1986 from canvassing, had a break for a few years and canvassed for double glazing, trained teams of canvassers at the time, sold cable TV, Gas/Electric in the 90's door to door, ended up going back to window cleaning, canvassed my rounds, sold a couple and this year been canvassing for a few window cleaners (for which i can provide references).

I don't give any guarantees (as i think talk is cheap and the proof of the pudding is in the eating), to give you some idea of what i'm capable of last month I got £1850 on a four weekly turn over for one guy in 7 working days, this month £850 for another in 5 working days and currently on target to do the same for another.

I am currently booked up for around another month with repeat business, but be happy to do something for you then. In the mean time if you wish to get in touch for some free advice feel free.
£1875 in 7 days?
No guarantee on work?
fully booked untill end of next month?

Whats that smell.....! ::)roll

If your not full of poo then come and train me up please?.

pdale

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 11:35:30 am »
Whats that smell.....!  ::)roll

I don't know why you feel the need to be so dispariging Mick.

It was £1850, not £1875

Perhaps you also missed the bit where i stated that I can supply references ... from window cleaners on here and other forums (including the one I got £1850 for)

roundbuilder

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 11:37:21 am »
Whats that smell.....!  ::)roll

I don't know why you feel the need to be so dispariging Mick.

It was £1850, not £1875

Perhaps you also missed the bit where i stated that I can supply references ... from window cleaners on here and other forums (including the one I got £1850 for)
Go on then who is the £1850 from on here then?

pdale

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 11:48:17 am »
Go on then who is the £1850 from on here then?

He's on another popular forum ... Bruce at Mr B Shine, Bedford (he has given me permission to publicly post his name) ... in fact I got just over £2000 for him but £150 dropped after the first clean.

roundbuilder

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:48 am »
So he is happy to not get any guarantee for £1850 of work that would have cost him x2 at a guess??
Must have more money than sence.
Fair play to you then i guess.

pdale

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 12:01:01 pm »
So he is happy to not get any guarantee for £1850 of work that would have cost him x2 at a guess??

I don't charge up front fees, other than £100 deposit to secure the week.

The only guarantee I give is that i will graft, if i canvas for you and get nothing (which never happens) you get your £100 back. Between me and the window cleaner we set a target and i get paid on a daily basis ONLY after i get the work, which is generally booked in for the next day or two. On top of the work I charge for I cover all cancellations and supply an extra amount free of charge to cover any messers. If the following month there has been some drop off I'll come back and get that extra work that's been lost.

Sounds sensible to me.

roundbuilder

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 12:03:29 pm »
So you do replace dropouts which is a guarantee lol.
Its good you have your head screwed on.

p1w1

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 12:03:56 pm »

The only guarantee I give is that i will graft, if i canvas for you and get nothing (which never happens) you get your £100 back. Between me and the window cleaner we set a target and i get paid ONLY when i get the work, which is generally booked in for the next day or two. On top of the work I charge for I cover all cancellations and supply an extra amount free of charge to cover any messers. If the following month there has been some drop off I'll come back and get that extra work that's been lost.

Sounds sensible to me.

its better then what other people where offering sounds a fair deal..

pdale

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 12:08:09 pm »

I've window cleaned on and off most of my working life Mick, I know the game. That mixed with my sales experience means I can canvas.

I have only been canvassing for other window cleaners this year and now getting repeat business, but i'll only do 100 mile radius of Dudley (where i'm from), so don't worry i'm not planning on treading on your toes  ;)

There are people on here who know me, who will supply references, but would not want to publicise their names without their permission.

roundbuilder

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »

I've window cleaned on and off most of my working life Mick, I know the game. That mixed with my sales experience means I can canvas.

I have only been canvassing for other window cleaners this year and now getting repeat business, but i'll only do 100 mile radius of Dudley (where i'm from), so don't worry i'm not planning on treading on your toes  ;)

There are people on here who know me, who will supply references, but would not want to publicise their names without their permission.
My toes??
Im a wise man I dont canvass for anybody else but myself! Decided against it and to build myself up instead! Long term return of a full round is better than a 2 clean fix with added grief included building for others.

pdale

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 12:21:22 pm »
My toes??
Im a wise man I dont canvass for anybody else but myself! Decided against it and to build myself up instead! Long term return of a full round is better than a 2 clean fix with added grief included building for others.

I recall you saying you canvassed 60 mile radius of London for 2x ... I may build another round up next year, depending upon how the canvassing goes, but in the mean time i'm enjoying doing it and happy to train this guy over a couple of days (or more) if he wishes and/or provide any free advice over the phone or email.

pdale

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 12:22:34 pm »
its better then what other people where offering sounds a fair deal..

Thanks p1w1

roundbuilder

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 12:26:10 pm »
My toes??

I recall you saying you canvassed 60 mile radius of London for 2x ... I may build another round up next year, depending upon how the canvassing goes, but in the mean time i'm enjoying doing it and happy to train this guy over a couple of days (or more) if he wishes and/or provide any free advice over the phone or email.
No i was contemplating it but weighed it all up and isnt worth doing for me, no long term crust in it, just short fixes.

PoleKing

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 03:39:28 pm »
Pdale-email me please.
I don't do linkedin
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

pdale

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 04:14:41 pm »
Pdale-email me please.
I don't do linkedin

Hi Darren, email sent. My email address is also on my cleanitup profile, along with my Linkedin page.

Archer

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 05:53:38 pm »

Mick Kent,

I believe he can pick work up, its pretty easy to be honest

PoleKing

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 10:53:31 pm »
Pdale-email me please.
I don't do linkedin

Hi Darren, email sent. My email address is also on my cleanitup profile, along with my Linkedin page.

Cheers bud, got it & replied.
Sorry-still can't see your email on CIU profile. No worries though, I gotcha.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 10:05:33 pm »

The only guarantee I give is that i will graft, if i canvas for you and get nothing (which never happens) you get your £100 back. Between me and the window cleaner we set a target and i get paid on a daily basis ONLY after i get the work, which is generally booked in for the next day or two. On top of the work I charge for I cover all cancellations and supply an extra amount free of charge to cover any messers. If the following month there has been some drop off I'll come back and get that extra work that's been lost.

Sounds sensible to me.

Hi Paul,

Could you email me please. I'm interested in your service. 

Cheers

Richard. richard.speech@gmail.com
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dave0123

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2013, 12:13:26 pm »
Could you email me too pdale voi-p@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
Dave.