This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

I've knackered my 18" Ionics Residential pole; it's well past it's 'sell-by' date but want another (pole only).

I've been Googling, but can't find anywhere that sells them.

Gardener Poles sells 'poles only', but I'm not keen on their internal hose, after trying another window cleaners set up.

Can anyone provide a link where I can get an 18" Ionics Pole?

Alex Gardiner

Hi There,

You could try Ionics themselves.

When we supply 'Poles only' we do not supply it with any hose just the pole itself.

Alex

dish

http://www.ionicsystems.com/english/index.html

Here is the link to the ionics website.  You can request a catalogue - they were ever so quick in getting one to me.

Moderator David@stives

ionics do have a site for buying direct  i have used it in the past but cannot find it any more.

Probably the best hidden site on the web

I've knackered my 18" Ionics Residential pole; it's well past it's 'sell-by' date but want another (pole only).

I've been Googling, but can't find anywhere that sells them.

Gardener Poles sells 'poles only', but I'm not keen on their internal hose, after trying another window cleaners set up.

Can anyone provide a link where I can get an 18" Ionics Pole?

Why would you want an 18" (inch) pole?

Would an 18' (foot) pole be better?

Sarah Sarill

Tosh,

You have
Sarah

top rung

There is a site here somewhere saw it only the other day .I reconised it by the by the clamp if it was the ionic resi/ multipole.But it was not the ionic site and they were selling as replacement pole.I have ionic poles myself so iknow that style of clamp.

ok cleaning

TRY TO ORDER BY PHONE THAT IS WHAT I HAVE DONE    1793 574936   six lines

gaza

TOSH:Why not use a gardiner pole a lot cheaper?

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

TOSH:Why not use a gardiner pole a lot cheaper?

gaza

Gaza,

I probably will, but I do like the internal hose that Ionics do.

It's good quality, really easy for me to 'nip' to stop my water flow and hasn't sprung any leaks, even though I've given it some abuse.

In fact I'm off to order some gear from Gardiners now.

gaza

tOSH:Im looking into buying a pole let me know if you order a pole from Gardiners
and how it performs.
It looks well good for the price,could afford to use it and buy another for spares if you know what I mean

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

TRY TO ORDER BY PHONE THAT IS WHAT I HAVE DONE    1793 574936   six lines

Gaz,

Sorry mate,

I dithered.  I'm going to phone Ionics up tomorrow and order a pole from the above number!

I would order a Gardiner pole, but the internal hose they supply isn't as good as the Ionics hose, and since I use a backpack, I find it handy to be able to bend the hose to stop my water-flow.

I've had a 'shot' of a Gardiner pole and it was really no different to an Ionics one (both were 18 foot), but the internal hose did make a small, but significant difference.

Not only that, the lad who let me have a go phoned me yesterday asking if I had any spare 'internal hose', since his had sprung a leak!

I could buy a Gardiner pole and use the internal hose from my Ionics pole, but I want a slightly longer internal hose than I've presently got.

brett walker

Tosh

i have the ionics residential pole with the black internal pipe its very good it coils up nice when your not using it.

So what i did was ordered 50 ft of it from ionics and put it on my other pole as it is very good quality as i was unhappy with the pipe that was already on.

regards

Brett

Alex Gardiner

The subject of internal pole hose is an interesting one.

We have looked into many different types and the reason we chose what we did is because it isn't easy to 'nip' shut. We find that other re-inforced hose 'nips' shut too easily and stops water flow when working. We always fit flow control valves to our poles for our own use so we have a slightly easier way to control the flow. We might look into supplying an option on our poles for customers to specify which hose to fit.

Alex

We might look into supplying an option on our poles for customers to specify which hose to fit.

Alex

Alex,

I think that would be a really good idea and I'm pleased you find my post important enough to consider doing the above.

I've used one of your poles and found it excellent; well priced too; no different from my Ionics one; my only critisism was the internal hose.

The Ionics internal hose doesn't 'nip shut' when you don't want it to and it's really easy to nip when you do want it too.

And despite warnings from Ian_Giles, my hose hasn't split.  His did, but he used another type (not yours).

Thanks anyway!

Tosh.