This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PoleKing

Re: Insides - how much?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 10:20:51 pm »
I reckon the only way to price this one is to put them on an hourly rate... I have a lot of properties like this and as long as you work efficiently and they see you workin hard then go for £35 an hour..... its the only way as you wont get bitten by under estimating the time to do it.... nowt worse than starting a job knowing you are about to blow ya balls off on it!!!

I'd never tell a customer my hourly rate.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

formb

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »
I reckon the only way to price this one is to put them on an hourly rate... I have a lot of properties like this and as long as you work efficiently and they see you workin hard then go for £35 an hour..... its the only way as you wont get bitten by under estimating the time to do it.... nowt worse than starting a job knowing you are about to blow ya balls off on it!!!

I'd never tell a customer my hourly rate.

+1 most people will not think about overheads. All they will hear is £35 per hour. Usually more than they get paid. Although granted probably not in this case.

deeege

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 10:31:46 pm »
I'd put a staff cleaner on that, should be done in about 6 hours. I'd ask for £100. No special skill or risk involved, anyone could do it.

£100? What's a staff cleaner and where can I find one? :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 10:40:30 pm »
£200

£80 outsides

£120 insides

2 hours for outsides

3 hours insides
price higher/work harder!

CleanClear

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 11:16:21 pm »
I'd put a staff cleaner on that, should be done in about 6 hours. I'd ask for £100. No special skill or risk involved, anyone could do it.

£100? What's a staff cleaner and where can I find one? :)

Thats one of your general cleaning team who you pay £7 PH. You can even hire in cleaners from an external agency or cleaning provider for around £9 to £10 PH who will clean interior windows. :)
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

roundbuilder

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »
Its not realy that big though! I still reckon £120 maybe £150 at a push. Not much more than 4 normal houses equivlent.

Considering how many £6 semi cleaners are on this forum and calling me a conman for charging just £15 for a 3bed semi loli think its crazey all these massive prices for this job but there you go!.

jimiwindows

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 12:02:08 pm »

£300

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 02:12:02 pm »
seriously guys that job would take the best part of a day inside and outside esp if they ve not been cleaned for a while.then you ve got to factor in travel time to and from the job.

id be going in at £200 for inside and outside take it or leave it.
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 05:26:32 pm »
Well, I did the insides of both conservatories today - over three hours  :o

I think Dazmonds figure is spot on - shame I didn't charge that much though. Bugger!

8weekly

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 10:19:00 pm »

I think Dazmonds figure is spot on - shame I didn't charge that much though. Bugger!
Including the roofs?

ben M

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 10:24:55 pm »

i was the first to say £200  ;) ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 07:51:53 pm »
Just found out the woman is an actress (thought she looked familiar) and the buggers have put the house up for sale for one point two million. So much for a regular cleaner then.  ::)roll

8weekly

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 06:01:21 am »
Just found out the woman is an actress (thought she looked familiar) and the buggers have put the house up for sale for one point two million. So much for a regular cleaner then.  ::)roll
Told you. A job like that you don't take risks on it being regular.

windowswashed

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 11:06:46 pm »
half as much again for insides than outsides. why work for an hourly rate? prefer to price jobs individually so theres an incentive to make a decent wage not some set hourly rate otherwise whats the point in being self employed clock watching