Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

who needs a hot system in this weather?
« on: July 19, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »
my water this afternoon was very warm at times at the jets!windows drying before ive finished as well! ;D ;D ;D ;D

who needs a hot system? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

have a good weekend guys!

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Small but perfectley formed

Re: who needs a hot system in this weather?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 05:51:19 pm »
Still had mine going in this hot weather   :o it was nearly steam
Spit and polish

wfp master

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 05:58:46 pm »
Still had mine going in this hot weather   :o it was nearly steam

ben M

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 10:28:35 pm »
Showed 36 degrees in my van yesterday.
Water was really hot, especially if I had 100 metres rolled out.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

simon w

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 10:37:49 pm »
Makes you wonder if anyone's been using their heated systems over the past couple of weeks  :)

Didn't IONICS used to use some spiel about hot water not drying quicker than you can rinse the dirt away from the glass  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:08 pm »
Makes you wonder if anyone's been using their heated systems over the past couple of weeks  :)

Didn't IONICS used to use some spiel about hot water not drying quicker than you can rinse the dirt away from the glass  ;D

Gotta love IONICS!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

simon w

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

Yeah think I remember them saying it was a MUST for any  Spanish WFP operators  :o

R.C Property

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 12:25:23 pm »
yer still using my hot water system in this weather!!!

ben M

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 12:59:25 pm »
what is the point Richard?

simon w

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 01:10:16 pm »

Must be really testing out your hoses and plumbing, but fair play to you I haven't used mine since June on some business signage cleans, will be doing them again next week and if there covered in gull poop like last time, I'll be switching the heater on again.

S.A.J

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 01:17:39 pm »
Not used mine for 3 weeks no point in wasting money! My tank water temp yesterday was 28c so that will do  ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 01:21:55 pm »
I'm still using mine all the time, fair enough I've been able to turn the gas down so it lasts longer and is still hot.  You get such an increase in speed using hot over ambient temperature that it justifies any additional cost.  I wonder how many on here would shut their boilers down at home and stop using hot water to clean the dishes or take a cold bath just because we have a heat wave.  Hot water cuts through dirt faster it's not just for freezing weather.

Simon.

R.C Property

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 01:38:21 pm »

went cold for one day to see the difference, took me an extra 1-2 hours to do the same round with cold water than with hot and used a lot more water on cold, ended up trading a few bottom windows!

and at a cost of only £1.20 a day its worth that just to gain an hour and save pure water

R.C Property

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »

Must be really testing out your hoses and plumbing, but fair play to you I haven't used mine since June on some business signage cleans, will be doing them again next week and if there covered in gull poop like last time, I'll be switching the heater on again.

not had a leak at all on any of my plumbing since its fitted. hottest I got it running to while testing was 60 deg C. the coiled reel got upto 70 deg C

ben M

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 01:40:23 pm »

went cold for one day to see the difference, took me an extra 1-2 hours to do the same round with cold water than with hot and used a lot more water on cold, ended up trading a few bottom windows!

and at a cost of only £1.20 a day its worth that just to gain an hour and save pure water
fair comment, thank you

R.C Property

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 01:41:02 pm »

fair comment, thank you

no problem,

R.C Property

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 01:41:18 pm »
I'm still using mine all the time, fair enough I've been able to turn the gas down so it lasts longer and is still hot.  You get such an increase in speed using hot over ambient temperature that it justifies any additional cost.  I wonder how many on here would shut their boilers down at home and stop using hot water to clean the dishes or take a cold bath just because we have a heat wave.  Hot water cuts through dirt faster it's not just for freezing weather.

Simon.

+2 on that! lol

wfp master

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 01:49:58 pm »
Treble face palm.

R.C Property

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 01:51:53 pm »
Treble face palm.

someone don't like hot water then! lol

gary999

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 02:06:47 pm »

Simon.

ive had cold baths and showers everyday since the hot temps as for cleaning dishes
ive been cleaning with cold with antibacterial cleaners anything i can do to keep
me cool im afraid :)

as for hot water making my basic work which is maintenance cleaning on a a four
wekly basis go any quicker is cobblers the windows are barely dirty anyway.first cleans and heavy soiled cons and fascia
yep i can see the benefit.
in this weather in some peoples gardens the temps have at times been closer
to 40c and i much prefer a nice cold mist of  cold water coming my way than hot

R.C Property

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 02:12:21 pm »

Simon.

ive had cold baths and showers everyday since the hot temps as for cleaning dishes
ive been cleaning with cold with antibacterial cleaners anything i can do to keep

wekly basis go any quicker is cobblers the windows are barely dirty anyway.first cleans and heavy soiled cons and fascia
to 40c and i much prefer a nice cold mist of  cold water coming my way than hot

not cobblers I tried it out on a day that I cleaned last month with hot and this month with cold and  took me an extra 1-2 hours to do the same round with cold water than with hot and used a lot more water on cold, ended up trading a few bottom windows!

this heat can bake on muck on the glass and cold takes longer to shift it than hot!

ben M

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 02:18:29 pm »

Simon.

not cobblers I tried it out on a day that I cleaned last month with hot and this month with cold and  took me an extra 1-2 hours to do the same round with cold water than with hot and used a lot more water on cold, ended up trading a few bottom windows!

this heat can bake on muck on the glass and cold takes longer to shift it than hot!

buy a bigger tank mate, which one have you got?

R.C Property

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 02:21:32 pm »

Simon.

buy a bigger tank mate, which one have you got?

400lt, if I buy a bigger tank then I have to buy a bigger van! my van wont take any bigger due to payload. so cost wise its not worth spending £4000+ just to carry a few extra Lts.

gary999

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 02:41:32 pm »

Simon.

on 4 weekly cleans there is only dust to clean unless the windows have been bombed
by seagulls ;D

if using cold takes you two hours longer...i would  bloody well give up ;D

Lee GLS

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 03:03:12 pm »
I use hot but not the last few weeks as I have changed my van and haven't installed it yet. But I have really noticed how much longer snail trails take to scrub off with cold water compared to hot, for that reason alone it is well worth using hot water in the winter. And soon there will be the spiders webs attached to windows which hit will deal will nicely.

R.C Property

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 03:11:51 pm »

Simon.

on 4 weekly cleans there is only dust to clean unless the windows have been bombed
by seagulls ;D

if using cold takes you two hours longer...i would  bloody well give up ;D

on the 4 weekly cleans there is more than just dust! dust, bird muck, fly muck, snail trails, sticky pollen, bird prints where the fly into windows, hand prints from kids, muck from pets etc etc  ;D

that is upto 2 hours longer over the whole day! or putting it another way, hot is upto 2 hours quicker than cold!!!! lol

R.C Property

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 03:13:19 pm »
I use hot but not the last few weeks as I have changed my van and haven't installed it yet. But I have really noticed how much longer snail trails take to scrub off with cold water compared to hot, for that reason alone it is well worth using hot water in the winter. And soon there will be the spiders webs attached to windows which hit will deal will nicely.

its amazing how you get used to hot isn't it! then when you have to go back onto cold how much slower it can be at times! makes you wonder lol

steven ainger

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 03:30:43 pm »
I use hot all year round and have done for the last 5 yrs or so.
As has been said previously, all the baked on pooh & pollen spots come off easier, i'd honestly hate to have to go back to cold

Lee GLS

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 04:00:23 pm »

its amazing how you get used to hot isn't it! then when you have to go back onto cold how much slower it can be at times! makes you wonder lol

Yes you are right. It's one of those thing you dont appreciate enough until you don't have it.

roundbuilder

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »
This thread has made my mind up to go hot! Im forever doing first cleans so would purely benefit me.

ben M

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 04:40:50 pm »
i have a ionic pro 5 system, can you add a cheap hot system? ionic can do it for 3k  :o :o

R.C Property

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2013, 06:20:45 pm »

Yes you are right. It's one of those thing you dont appreciate enough until you don't have it.

that's true!

R.C Property

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2013, 06:21:20 pm »
i have a ionic pro 5 system, can you add a cheap hot system? ionic can do it for 3k  :o :o

yer should be able to add one to that for around £200-£250 I would of thought!