Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Understanding portables
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:23:40 pm »
I'm talking about the 'top end' ones.

Why is it that some manufacturers can use 1 cord to run their machines and others use 2?

Is it because of parallel or series and the way that they are set up?

Shaun

john martin

Re: Understanding portables
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:18:23 pm »
Uk manufactures seem to stick to 13amps per cord , as far as i know this is meet legal trading standards .   
So some UK manufactures put all the vacs and pump on cord1 ...  because they believe cord2 is better used to provide 3000w of water heating power .

In order to do this they may have to compromise a little in vac or pump performance ,
but that depends also on the efficiency of the vac motors used .

Other manufactures put one motor and a large pump on cord one and another motor and perhaps a pumpout pump on cord two .
The disadvantage is they cant now put a decent heater on either cord one or cord two .  One exception to this may be the Alltec Evolution which gets around this problem by puttins a 1000w heater on cord1 and another 1000w on cord two , so 2000w inline heater ( they also have a 3kw immersion but it has to be used when vacs are off )

Some manufactures have a version off both options ...
for example the Airflex storm would have ...
7.5 amps on cord one  ( one 6.6)
approx 12 amps on cord two . ( one 6.6 + large pump )

The airflex custom would have  ..
approx 13amps on cord one ( 7amp electro + 4amp electro + smaller pump )
cord 2  13amps  ( 3000w built in inline heater )

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:15:49 am »
Trying not to go down the series parallel debate if you put everything on one cord forgetting heat then surely you'll get less vacuum.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 08:51:10 am »
Shaun

Look at this baby

http://www.tv.carpet-cleaning-buzz.com/latest-carpet-cleaning-videos/?sort=latest&slg=hybrid-and-electric-truck-mount

respects

Ian

Unfortunately  the company is bust already ... so no more
really nice design though  ...
It is 120v designed in a way ... @ 230v we can easily  get away with at least 4 vacs without a generator .

john martin

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 09:04:04 am »
Trying not to go down the series parallel debate if you put everything on one cord forgetting heat then surely you'll get less vacuum.

Shaun

Perhaps a bit less overall in Airwatts , but that may be worth sacrificing for 3kw of inbuilt heat ... or two heaters on a threeway switch .

If you put two high powered vacs and a big pump on two cords you are not using the total available amps per cord .

Three vacs and a big pump on two cords is using most of the available amps but u cant fit heat then either .

Its all a compromise ...

Series is more suitable to combining non matching vacs on one cord ..
non matching  vacs combined in parallel will only have the lift of the weakest vac .

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 03:23:30 pm »
I understand portables, they take three times longer than a TM. Just done a two bed flat all with with a porty, 2.40 hours, could have done in forty minutes with the TM. Bloody tower blocks. :'(

*Hector*

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 03:38:23 pm »
Don't have any of this grief with a rotary  :P :P

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

dawsons

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »
could have done in forty minutes with the TM. Bloody tower blocks. :'(

I take it in that case you don't prep ie. pre-vac, pre-spray, dwell, aggitate etc. it would be a quick in and out straight over once job for that amount of time, or do you have some sort of magic wand?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 06:20:05 pm »
guys with TM think that their machines do all the preparations, thay just think that such a powerfull machine do not need vacuuming, prespraying agitation etc.   ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 06:23:33 pm »

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:42:14 pm »
Wonder what the maximum you could get on 1 cord?

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 06:49:54 pm »
Who said anything about no Pre-spray, agitation?
Truck mounts are about speed and supreme quality and being four times faster than a portable. ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 07:00:14 pm »
You said 3 times in your post earlier, you'll be telling us next it was waterless ;D

Shaun

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 08:11:21 pm »
simon, how it can be 3-4 times faster, most of the time is the vacuuming, prespraying, agitation, spot removing etc,
think that you are comparing TM with the slug doctor or puzzi.  ;D  definitaly not with the powerfull portable.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 08:26:54 pm »
Radek,
Do yourself a favour, before commenting on something you clearly know nothing about, have a day out with a busy truck mount operator, it will seriously open your eyes to a completely different world.

Simon

*Hector*

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »

Do yourself a favour, before commenting on something you clearly know nothing about, have a day out with a busy truck mount operator,
Simon

That is you out of the running in more than 1 way....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 08:55:59 pm »
That's why I didn't offer myself up as a shining example of how to print money at an alarming rate ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 08:56:45 pm »
Radek the need for spot removal is seriously reduced when you use a truck mount infact it's a different way of cleaning irrelevant of which is best where as major agitation is needed for many systems to make the chemical work the high flush of a truck mount takes a lot (not all) of the stubborn spots and soiling out, I do much prefer to go through the full routine but I haven't got the power Simon has, I saw it working at the tacca day and it is everything you'd want it to be and more but my small cleaning budget wouldn't allow me to buy one as its far poorer over this side of the Pennines.

Shaun

*Hector*

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 08:58:37 pm »
That's why I didn't offer myself up as a shining example of how to print money at an alarming rate ;D

:P :P

;D