This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimiwindows

Re: husband & wife window cleaning team's
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 11:10:50 am »
Anyone working with there wife is a nutter not a window cleaner.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 05:20:04 pm »
I would with my wife, on all kinds of work, commercial, residential, wfp and trad. She's about the best window cleaner I've worked with and we've been at it for 15 years.  I suppose it is a bit sad though when were still speaking about poles, hoses, squeegee rubbers and customers at 9pm in the evening.

Simon.

lal

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 05:33:24 pm »
Why not take the mother in law as well , and totally screw your head up

:) :)

stig

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 05:44:47 pm »
Yep, my mrs comes out with me when I need a hand

Customers love it! Picked up work on street I've
Worked in for years just coz she was with me
And lady customers approached her instead of me

We don't work together all the time tho as I
Can't stand the bitch  ;)
lol....
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

deeege

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 06:13:51 pm »
Sod Working with the mrs. It's bad enough being together from 5pm til 8am and we've only been wed a year! Plus she's got a 'proper' job! :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

jimiwindows

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 06:18:55 pm »
I would with my wife, on all kinds of work, commercial, residential, wfp and trad. She's about the best window cleaner I've worked with and we've been at it for 15 years.  I suppose it is a bit sad though when were still speaking about poles, hoses, squeegee rubbers and customers at 9pm in the evening.

Simon.

have you worked with real window cleaners before

Tom White

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 07:34:44 pm »
Sod Working with the mrs. It's bad enough being together from 5pm til 8am and we've only been wed a year! Plus she's got a 'proper' job! :)

One of the positive aspects of working together is that we do spend time together talking; especially at lunchtimes.  There never seems to be any pressure for us to spend 'time together' when we're not working because we spend an inordinate amount of time together during the day.

Saying that, we're both members of our local running club, we sometimes train together, and we regularly go to races together.  This weekend we're away camping at a weekend-long fell race competition and we're in training to do a mountain marathon together (which includes overnighting in a tiny tent after miles of running/freezing/starving/blisters/fatigue/fighting with each other).

It takes about 10 years, but eventually couples do get on well together when they work with each other.

Sometimes; probably; maybe???

Michael Peterson

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 07:43:43 pm »
lol we used to work together, shes preg now , its great for business as tosh said and can work you just got to learn how to talk to a woman and not make them walk off

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 07:55:56 pm »
it does cut my oggling of the ladies down a bit especially this week.
you need a wife that's bi then you can both look at the ladys and tell each other if you like them or not lol  ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 08:00:40 pm »

Simon.

have you worked with real window cleaners before

What do you mean by real? Would it be the speed you can work at or the skills that they have. Either way the she's doing well.

I've worked with and have subcontracted a fair few window cleaners in the past. I've paid good money for good window cleaners, but even the best are about the same speed as my wife, however speed alone doesn't make a great window cleaner, other things like quality of work and customer relations do.

In a months time I'm doing a big secondary school, the Mrs will do the insides with a couple of subbies and I will do the outs wfp with a subbie, I expect her to be faster than the hired help even though the hired help is very good.

Simon.

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 08:19:23 pm »

Simon.

That's always a good thing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rosskesava

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 08:41:48 am »
My missus works with me sometimes.

She does all the talking and talking and talking to customers and I do the work which suits me fine.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 09:56:14 am »
it does cut my oggling of the ladies down a bit especially this week.
you need a wife that's bi then you can both look at the ladys and tell each other if you like them or not lol  ;D

lol. He can oggle all the ladies he wants; I'm too busy oggling the lads :)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 10:01:39 am »
I would say that husband and wife teams either work really well or they are a total disaster. It all depends on whether you can work as a team and keep work/home separate in my opinion.
Customer wise you can't lose. It is easier to pick up work; there's no doubt about that.
I have talked to one or two ladies who tried window cleaning but struggled in the winter with the cold but that doesn't bother me  :)

Positivity

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 12:49:56 pm »
Sometimes get a bit impatient with Nicky 'cos she loves chatting to the customers but it's not time wasted she get loads of info and I can get on with sorting the gear out.
She keeps the book, change, writes the tickets out and posts them while I'm packing up.
When ever I get a little bored I can always stroke her thighs and cop a bit of a feel etc.. you can't do that working with your mate or emloyee ;D ;D ;D ;D
On second thoughts with some of the characters on here you probably could ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 06:05:12 pm »
Well I must say , what a great few days we have had cleaning windows together, its gone better than I thought , she has got us some new custys too.

if you are thinking about doing the same as us GO FOR IT .