This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

Re: Getting new customers with Facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »
I tried to set up a profile in my company name and it said all Facebook users have to use their real names  ???
I have an old business one that I set up ages ago and you can't seem to search for groups, there is no search bar on a business page.
Set one as your name and use it to promote your business and then change name to business.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Pure Shine

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 06:24:51 pm »
Ok ive had 600 a months worth of work out of fb in about 3 months here in eastbourne and hailsham next town along on face book i have joined 7 groups that go under the heading of buy sell swap in eastbourne or buy sell give away or sell buy swap several variations of that abreviation all with members only local to my area u have to join the group free of charge and then post your advert mine reads pure shine window cleaners looking for new regular customers reaidential or commercial for more information or a quote please private message me u can normaly only post once a day per site but it works never discus your pricing in the open so some douch bag doesnt under cut u this has really worked for me and its free

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 06:42:43 pm »
Looks like a lot of old tat on those FB pages.

Pure Shine

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 06:46:39 pm »
Lol yes mat i agree but its free still gets me 5 customers a week on average i didnt have so i use it

stuart mc

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 06:49:36 pm »

I joined a few, but decide against advertising, as it is full of young mums selling rubbish for 2 or 3 quid and haggling over 50 pence

and lots of "I need a joiner/Gardiner/ blah blah" all ending in the word cheap

I have seen loads of sales fall apart when they agree a price on an item, then they go looking for a Man with van, to move it and realise the cost doubles.

so I will avoid it for now

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 06:53:42 pm »

I joined a few, but decide against advertising, as it is full of young mums selling rubbish for 2 or 3 quid and haggling over 50 pence

I have seen loads of sales fall apart when they agree a price on an item, then they go looking for a Man with van, to move it and realise the cost doubles.

My thoughts too. People (mostly young mums) looking for "cheap this or that". Not the type of customer I'm after.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 08:14:54 pm »
Ok ive had 600 a months worth of work out of fb in about 3 months here in eastbourne and hailsham next town along on face book i have joined 7 groups that go under the heading of buy sell swap in eastbourne or buy sell give away or sell buy swap several variations of that abreviation all with members only local to my area u have to join the group free of charge and then post your advert mine reads pure shine window cleaners looking for new regular customers reaidential or commercial for more information or a quote please private message me u can normaly only post once a day per site but it works never discus your pricing in the open so some douch bag doesnt under cut u this has really worked for me and its free
Did you join the groups through your personal facebook page or a business one?

windiewasher

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »
How did you get on hampshire?
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 03:18:24 pm »
Haven't tried it properly yet mate but I borrowed the wifes account and tried searching local buy/sell groups etc so I understand it now, just need to set something up in my name now and offer my services, will do it when I get a chance. Thanks for the tips anyway dude

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 04:07:35 pm »

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 04:24:29 pm »
Using those local buy & sell pages on Facebook does actually bring in work,.. and its not necessarily bad quality work either.

I don't actually "advertise" my services on these groups - but I am on a few & keep an eye out as people often put up a msg asking "Can anyone recommend a good cleaner" & if they're in my area I'd reply.

My business FB page has bought in a few jobs on its own too - not many at all,.. but considering i hardly ever update it I can't really expect more!

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 04:37:57 pm »

How do you get into that bit on fb stu? When I search it comes up nothing found. Is there a secret button or summit I can't see there?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 05:10:19 pm »

How do you get into that bit on fb stu? When I search it comes up nothing found. Is there a secret button or summit I can't see there?

Just type in the name of your town/area & you'll see a load of these "swap" or "new to you" type groups,..

stuart mc

Re: Getting new customers with Facebook New
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 08:26:16 pm »

here is one for your area ronnie https://www.facebook.com/lanarkshire.swapsales?fref=ts

just type in town selling or town for sale you will find them

that one doesn't look right I will try again

https://www.facebook.com/northlansales?fref=ts

not many members but this is what they look like mate