Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DG Cleaning

We Love Flyers website
« on: May 28, 2013, 01:37:25 pm »
I've got to say what a fantastic ordering template they have, very innovative.
http://www.weloveflyers.co.uk/
Hope more websites follow suit.
 ;D ;D

andyM

Re: We Love Flyers websie
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 02:23:05 pm »
I refuse to deal with companies that don't even offer their contact phone number, let alone other contact details.
One of the Plebs

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »
I refuse to deal with companies that don't even offer their contact phone number, let alone other contact details.
Agreed. I like Saxoprint.

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 04:14:53 pm »
same here no way would i use them

Re: We Love Flyers website
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 04:53:11 pm »
I know the owner of the website personally. His brother was best man at my wedding. A top man, honest and genuine. You will not be fiddled. It's a genuine business and I'm very happy to stake my name and reputation on that. :)

Just another thought too, I'm assuming that the Forum Admin guys would run checks on businesses before they allow them to have sponsored threads on here too? ???

DG Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:19:21 pm »
I know the owner of the website personally. His brother was best man at my wedding. A top man, honest and genuine. You will not be fiddled. It's a genuine business and I'm very happy to stake my name and reputation on that. :)

Just another thought too, I'm assuming that the Forum Admin guys would run checks on businesses before they allow them to have sponsored threads on here too? ???

I really like the website perhaps he'll see this and put more contact details on the site.

formb

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 05:25:41 pm »
Quote from: Mandy
+1

andyM

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 05:28:39 pm »
Quote from: Mandy
+1

+2

;D
One of the Plebs

formb

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »
Quote from: Solar Steve

Clearly not.

Quote from: Companies House
Disclosure rules
1. Do the disclosure rules apply to all businesses?
If the Business Names Act 1985 applies to you (see chapter 1, question 3)
then you must comply with all the disclosure rules. For example, if Mr W
Jones trades as 'W Jones Bakery', then the disclosure rules of the Business
Names Act apply. Disclosure rules also apply to incorporated companies
that trade under a different name, for example, ABC Foods Limited trading
as ABC Foods.
Incorporated companies must also comply with the disclosure rules of the
Companies Act 1985. These include the way a name must be displayed on
correspondence, documents, place of inspection and websites. The
Companies (Trading disclosures) Regulations 2008 (Statutory Instrument
2008/495) introduces further changes from 1 October 2008. These rules are
fully explained in our 'Company Formation' guidance at
www.companieshouse.gov.uk.
2. What information must be disclosed about a business?
You will need to disclose:
• the corporate name (if the company uses a different trading name); or
• the name of each partner; or
• the individual person's name; and
• in relation to each person named, an address at which documents can
 be served.
3. Where must this information be shown?
You will need to show the information clearly:
• in any place where you carry on your business and where you
deal with customers or suppliers;
• on business correspondence ;
• on websites;
• on written orders for the supply of goods or services;
• on invoices and receipts;
• on written demands for the payment of business debts.

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 01:10:13 am »
thats ltd companies not sole traders, companies, business two different things
Dave.

formb

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 06:24:15 am »
Not true I'm afraid. I think it is actually more of an issue in this case as it's distance selling and falls under distance selling regulations.

Don't get me wrong these laws are impossible to enforce and nothing will happen, I just don't see the advantage of not having your details on your website. It puts people off.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 11:51:12 am »
It's a genuine business and I'm very happy to stake my name and reputation on that.

A nice sentiment, but how much worth will anyone put on random forum members "name and reputation"

You might be career criminal or a serial killer, with a nice profile for all we know.

And if someone did get ripped off, what exactly would you do? re-imburse them?  or just let your "name and reputation" that no-one really cares about take a bashing?

Tell your good mate to put his contact details on his website or alternatively tell us what  he's got to hide.

dave0123

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 11:52:58 am »
well aworka has no address or telephone number but people still use that..
Dave.

formb

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:00 pm »
Quote from: dave0123

Not me.

p1w1

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 04:03:47 pm »
Quote from: dave0123

Not me.
+1

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 06:24:51 pm »
It's a genuine business and I'm very happy to stake my name and reputation on that.

A nice sentiment, but how much worth will anyone put on random forum members "name and reputation"

You might be career criminal or a serial killer, with a nice profile for all we know.

And if someone did get ripped off, what exactly would you do? re-imburse them?  or just let your "name and reputation" that no-one really cares about take a bashing?

Tell your good mate to put his contact details on his website or alternatively tell us what  he's got to hide.
Recommendations go a long way on this forum mate. That's all I was doing, recommending.

Sounds like you are a nice fella though, always willing to think the best of folks...

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 06:29:41 pm »

Very sensible, Me too!

Mike #1

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 02:28:25 pm »

Aworka does list address. Mike

DG Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 03:24:55 pm »

Recommendations go a long way on this forum mate. That's all I was doing, recommending.

Sounds like you are a nice fella though, always willing to think the best of folks...

Why not help him out and get him to add some contact details?
Seems to me that he'd get more work out of it.

*Hector*

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 03:26:52 pm »
this forum does not have an address or telephone number... But an awful lot of people have given information to it....

just sayin like  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

dave0123

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 03:50:28 pm »

Where?
Dave.

formb

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »
Quote from: Hector
this forum does not have an address or telephone number... But an awful lot of people have given information to it....

just sayin like  ;D ;D

Yea but I don't buy anything from here either...

...also I don't really give it much information either, neither do you. Or are you really a hypnotherapist?

*Hector*

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 04:31:55 pm »
yes I am....

retiring from rug munching and setting up hypnosis business..  ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Philip Osborne

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 07:35:07 pm »
Hi,

Sorry guys, only just seen this thread, I'd been following my own threads but hadn't noticed what a controversy I seemed to have stirred up elsewhere on the site.  Ok, this will be a bit long, but if it helps to instil confidence then I'd rather tell you too much about me than too little!  So here's the skinny on me:

Firstly a bit about the business itself: I'm not an actual printer, I'm a print broker with many years experience in the Graphic Design and Printing industries through my other business, DiscoverySquare.  

Being a print broker means that I purchase print at discounted trade prices and resell it to my customers, but I don't physically do any printing myself.  The benefit for my customers is that they receive (very) low-cost print with a high level of customer service.  I "hold their hand" through the process of preparing their artwork, explaining technical terms to them and ensuring that everything is ready for the printer so that they get the best possible final results.

Most trade printers offering such low prices expect their clients to be in the trade as well, they expect you to already know all the technical terms and they don't have the time to offer you the kind of step-by-step support I do.  At the other end of the market you have retail printers who do offer high levels of customer service, but they either charge much higher prices, or they restrict you to a few very limited templates with no flexibility.

I try to offer the best of both worlds as my USP and my prices compare favourably with almost every other online printer.

My Address

The biggest controversy here seems to be that I don't display my address.  I'm a sole trader, not a limited company, I work from home, with no commercial premises for customers to visit in person, and only conduct business over the internet.  My only reason for not displaying the address was to avoid unannounced visitors appearing at the doorstep of my home (where I live alone) without an appointment, although I have always been happy to receive correspondence at my address, and have always tried to meet all relevant legislation while protecting my own personal privacy.

The regulations pertaining to Limited Companies or Corporations require that a personal name and a physical address be displayed along with the company name on all websites, but don't apply to me as I am neither Limited nor Incorporated.

The Business Names Act requires that a personal name be displayed along with the trading name but only require the physical address to be displayed on certain documents not including websites, which I have always done.  All invoices and letters issued by me include my physical address.

The Distance Selling Regulations don't apply to business to business contracts and so, in practice, would also be irrelevant to the majority of orders I am likely to receive.  Where the DSR relate to contracts between businesses and private individuals, they only require that an address is made available before the completion of a contract when payment is being taken up-front.  Although my address was not available on the website, I did believe that it would be displayed in the PayPal checkout and would meet this requirement (Making a trial purchase today I realise that this is no longer the case, although I am sure it used to be as PayPal required you to enter an address for that very reason!).

However, having read all of these UK regulations, I overlooked an EU directive, the Electronic Commerce Directive that requires that a physical address be displayed on all websites of companies that make a profit from operating an electronic service even if such profit is only from advertising and not from direct sales (in other words, all those YouTube channels should have physical addresses on them as well!)

So to put the debate to rest, here's my address and I will also place it in the footer on the website:

Philip Osborne
DiscoverySquare
Central Buildings
Hall Street
Rhosllanerchrugog
(try pronouncing that one!)
Wrexham
LL14 2LD
(hence the extra 5% discount offered to businesses in my local LL, CH and SY postcode regions)

Phone Number

As I work alone, and all business is conducted over the internet, I find I am better able to respond to a stream of customer queries and orders in a fair and timely fashion by using email only.  I can work through them in the order that they arrive and no-one gets any preferential treatment or has to wait any longer than anyone else.  It's for this reason that I don't offer a telephone number which would, naturally, result in phone calls taking priority over emails (because you can't leave them ringing while you type out an email).

However, I may add a free "CallBack" feature to the website where you can leave a phone number and I can call you back when your turn comes up.  This would allow people to speak to me in person if they are more comfortable with that, but wouldn't allow them to "jump the queue" ahead of those who are using other contact methods.

I hope that has answered some of your concerns and I'm happy to answer any more you have at phil@weloveflyers.co.uk
The faster, cheaper, easier way to order quality flyers
www.weloveflyers.co.uk

Philip Osborne

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 09:52:30 pm »

Just a point on the "ripping off" and "re-imbursing" bit ... all sales are made through PayPal, and so they are fully protected by PayPal's rigorous dispute procedures in the unlikely event that a dispute should arise that can't be handled directly.

Interestingly, those who staked their reputation on me here have actually displayed their business details here as well, businesses with good strong reputations that their many loyal customers DO really care about!  While those who have been the most vocal (and the least friendly) in casting aspersions without giving the benefit of the doubt, are also the ones with the least information about themselves on here.  Not even the name of their business on what is, after all, a business forum.  I'd have thought they would want to share it for the publicity if nothing else!
www.weloveflyers.co.uk

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 10:02:32 pm »
The above posts prove 2 things about Phil.

1. He is thorough.
2. He is honest.

They are the cornerstones to any successful business. His flyer business is brilliant, as are his other businesses.

I hope his detailed posts put the 'doubters' into the 'converted' category.

;D

Pete Thompson

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 10:53:27 pm »
While those who have been the most vocal (and the least friendly) in casting aspersions without giving the benefit of the doubt, are also the ones with the least information about themselves on here.

If you were refering to me, then 2 things:
firstly, I wasn't 'casting aspersions' at all.  I simply pointed out that someone saying that they stake their "name and reputation" on a forum is pretty worthless, for obvious reasons.  Those reasons being that they are not going to step in if something goes wrong. (unlike paypal)

secondly - I and other forum members don't have any duty (implied or else) to put our details on here for the simple reason that I am not trying to get people to give me their money.  You are.  That's the difference.

By the way, where do you get your printing done?  Eastern Europe or within the UK?

Philip Osborne

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 10:57:45 pm »
While those who have been the most vocal (and the least friendly) in casting aspersions without giving the benefit of the doubt, are also the ones with the least information about themselves on here.

If you were refering to me, then 2 things:
firstly, I wasn't 'casting aspersions' at all.  I simply pointed out that someone saying that they stake their "name and reputation" on a forum is pretty worthless, for obvious reasons.  Those reasons being that they are not going to step in if something goes wrong. (unlike paypal)

secondly - I and other forum members don't have any duty (implied or else) to put our details on here for the simple reason that I am not trying to get people to give me their money.  You are.  That's the difference.

By the way, where do you get your printing done?  Eastern Europe or within the UK?

I'm afraid, for obvious commercial reasons, I can't reveal specifically who my suppliers are, however I can confirm that they are in neither of the locations you asked about.  They are based in mainland Western Europe and offer a very good service, high quality print and fast delivery.
www.weloveflyers.co.uk

dave0123

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 11:08:44 pm »
Jep.. so i was right, sole traders don't have to provide a adress on websites  ::)roll
Dave.

formb

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 11:57:09 pm »
It's my understanding that all businesses, regardless of legal entity have to show their business name and address on websites, emails, letterheads and invoices.

I am just a window cleaner and I'm willing to take the web designers word on that. However, I still think it is counter productive not to have it on there.

I removed my contact details from this forum for good reason. Have you read some of the nonsense that gets written on here? I'd rather not be associated with some of it. Had my details on here for years and never gained a single customer from it.

In no way did I intend to come across as unfriendly.

geefree

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 12:11:45 am »
Yeah but people dont buy anything from a forum and lose money,    as a forum is a  discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages, its not a shop or a retailing business /company.

replying to the quote below.

just sayin like   

Philip Osborne

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 12:14:10 am »
It's my understanding that all businesses, regardless of legal entity have to show their business name and address on websites, emails, letterheads and invoices.

I think it's getting to that point, but it's not actually a legal requirement in all circumstances just yet.  Direct communications (email, letterheads, invoices) are pretty much covered in every piece of legislation, but there are only certain circumstances where the address has to be displayed publicly on a website.  (At least with direct communication you know who it's going to!)

I'm in two minds on it ... on the one hand I understand that it instils confidence from the customers' point of view, but on the other hand I can understand why sole traders who can't afford a separate commercial premise, don't necessarily want to be publishing their home address on the internet for the world to see ... it's just that point where it crosses over from being a business interest into an intrusion on your personal privacy.

That's why I've always walked a thin line between showing it when I have to but not when I don't!
www.weloveflyers.co.uk

dave0123

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 12:18:48 am »
i didnt think it was a legal requirement

i do put my details on my website address etc and all business stuff. it would put customers off if i didnt am sure.
Dave.

Mike #1

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 05:27:55 am »

Where?

I was pretty sure it was on their but i have it on the last 13 invoices i have received from chris . Mike