This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul ette

canvassing companys?
« on: May 26, 2013, 11:13:33 am »
hi all,
would like some advise on canvassing companies. was considering using one as i hate canvassing my self and have very low confidence on the door. The asking price is 2 and a half times monthly income(not price of clean) and if they cancell in first 3 months they will refund or replace customers. Has any one used these sort of people?
If so do you recomend them?

Richard iSparkle

Re: canvassing companys?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 01:46:21 pm »
Hi Paul,

What is the name of the company you are looking at?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

paul ette

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 02:04:23 pm »
sps window cleaning

James chapman

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 02:23:07 pm »
There's another topic on this company somewhere....not sure it was positive

easy clean

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:54:40 am »
I too would be interested to know of people's experience with this company.

Thanks

paul ette

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 05:35:08 pm »
anyone with experience with sps?

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 05:55:18 pm »
Yes, didn't go great but they have promised to get me some more work so we shall see. Certainly didn't keep the promises they made and lost interest in helping me as soon as they got the last bit of money.

paul ette

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »
did a lot of people cancel within 3 months? and i suppose they didnt want to replace?

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 06:12:11 pm »
Paul, why not try to find someone who can show you, and help you, how to canvass properly? I know you hate it, but that's only because you've probably never done it correctly so you don't feel comfortable doing it. I know you think people hate you knocking, but if you do it correctly then actually they don't! If you can canvass yourself, you'll save a mint and also feel really good when the custys start rolling in.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

paul ette

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 06:17:41 pm »
true :)
hows the best way, i just say hi would you be interested in a window cleaner? short and sweet, think im just gonna try again myself, hired a girl to do it but payed her and been messed around by lots of people and lost out on money, just saw this company (sps) and they say if they cancel in first 3 months they will replace so thought it would be great to get them to canvass where i already have customers to make my round compact.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 06:23:40 pm »
It's been said many times on here: do a leaflet drop first, then follow up with door knocking.  All you have to do is show them your leaflet and say "I put one of these through your door a couple of days ago - can I give you a quote for cleaning your windows?

Seemples tck tck ;)

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 06:27:35 pm »
The problem was that they put anything on the list, people that just asked for a quote, people that wanted a one off ect and made out they all wanted a monthly clean. The thing is, ive spoke to someone at the company recently and they told me a previous partner in the business was doing it all wrong and had a lot of unhappy customers, me included, but they've got rid of him out of the company and he promised its all going to be done properly now. They are going to finish off my contract this week apparently so if they do i'll be happy, theyve always got me good prices etc. Your best off phoning and having a good chat with them

paul ette

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 06:35:43 pm »
ok thanks for info, does the leaflet first really work? thought it would be wasted legwork

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »
ok thanks for info, does the leaflet first really work? thought it would be wasted legwork

Over many years I've built maybe 15-20 rounds using this method.

Never fails.

Why should it be wasted legwork?

paul ette

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 06:45:20 pm »
just thought going to property twice would be a waste of time when you can just knock the first time if that makes sense. im just a beginner so im just looking for advice, will give the leaflet first thing a go as you said, its tried and tested :)

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 06:51:40 pm »
Personally I've tried the leaflet first thing and found it a waste of time.
Anyone that REALLY wants a window cleaner is pleased to see you and will be happy to take you on even if you just cold call.
It's the ones that need a bit of persuading that are a pain in the long term

paul ette

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 07:00:52 pm »
ye i get a lot of not this plz but can you call next month, pes me orff

George Gardner

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »
Hi Paul I is was one asking originally as a couple of people have said about sps. Hampshire window cleaning very kindly gave me the low down on them, and said very much the above. I'm waiting to hear on how the canvassing that he has been promised goes and then make a decision with them. Seem to be very nice on the phone infact. So it's all on you Hampshire Window Cleaning................ ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 01:33:34 pm »
Whizz bizz seems to knows he's stuff and travels all over the uk canvassing with good reviews.
Failing that if you have space for customers then you must have time on your hands to do it yourself. Anyway good luck and remember canvassing is a win win however you do it.

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 05:36:55 pm »
true :)
hows the best way, i just say hi would you be interested in a window cleaner? short and sweet, think im just gonna try again myself, hired a girl to do it but payed her and been messed around by lots of people and lost out on money, just saw this company (sps) and they say if they cancel in first 3 months they will replace so thought it would be great to get them to canvass where i already have customers to make my round compact.

Paul, get yourself a printed polo shirt with your name on it and make sure you look smart, shaved etc. Have a leaflet in your hand facing them and knock on the door. Just be friendly "Hi, sorry to trouble you, I'm Paul a local window cleaner, I was just wondering if you would like a quote to have your windows cleaned regularly?"
At this point, they either want a regular window cleaner or not. Just keep going until you get the inevitable 'how much?'
Job done!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"