This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

do the pros out weigh the cons of wfp ?
« on: May 25, 2013, 05:26:35 am »
just a thought  ive been wfp for 3years and the amount of hassel that gose with wfp
is barmy if it wernt for the safty aspect id be still trad.but having to hump ladders about dosent appeal any more, and although im a fit 51 year old i dont relish the thought of falling off ladders.on the the other side wfp as incressed my work load and income,so all aint bad ;D whats your thoughts

Mike #1

Re: do the pros out weigh the cons of wfp ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 05:58:38 am »
WFP is only a pain sometimes like if something breaks and you dont have the spares to hand ,

The Pros far outweigh the cons i would never get through my workload trad and would not have got through the winters i have without wfp ,

It is far more expensive but soooo much easier  ;D ;D ;D . Mike

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:26:48 am »
3 yrs for me too.and this year I'm on course to earn 15grand more than I was 3 years ago working less hours!its the ability to be able to clean large awkward jobs,clean more work in less hours every day.being able to work in most weather and of course the safety aspect.

The add ons as well bring in more money.yes overheads are higher but nowhere near the extra money I earn.

Once you have a decent set up that suits you and plenty of spares I find it min hassle.I'm DI only though which makes purifying water very easy plus I had already a solid customer base before the switch.

I've picked up lots of good paying jobs because I use a pole system
price higher/work harder!

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:12:39 am »
just a thought  ive been wfp for 3years and the amount of hassel that gose with wfp
is barmy if it wernt for the safty aspect id be still trad.but having to hump ladders about dosent appeal any more, and although im a fit 51 year old i dont relish the thought of falling off ladders.on the the other side wfp as incressed my work load and income,so all aint bad ;D whats your thoughts

3 years on.............thats the clue

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 08:18:23 am »
3 yrs on if things are not a whole load better for you then something is wrong . Mike

dave f

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 08:38:11 am »
i do a few houses trad just cause my old custys dont like wfp next to the houses i do theire is a guy who is wfp but when you get to see the sills all the scrach marks and places mised i cringe his work seems ok but its the places you cant see i must have o c  ;Dd  plus hassel snaggin hoseses dog mess etc etc etc :(

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 08:51:58 am »
Trad is great if you are on the dole.

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 08:57:19 am »
I've been WFP for almost 7 years now.

Work less hours for more money than I did traditional, clean jobs that I would never consider off ladders, for which I charge a premium.

In my area their is only me and my son that are wfp, other cleaners in our area scoffed when we started on the pole, most of them now come to us for assistance on some of their larger jobs ;)

As an example, one of the trad lads, been at it 20 years. He cleans some office windows for a company that has 9 twenty foot silos.
The gaffer said to him can you give me a price for the silos, oh and by the way no ladders, have to be off a cherry picker.

Needless to say he was banging on my door quick sharp. I had a look told him how much I thought (he dropped through floor) he submitted quote to the manager and we start next Saturday :D

Also they have asked me for a price for cleaning all the cladded walls on two sites, result..

monkeyman

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 10:37:56 am »
Wfp is a hell of a lot faster than trad,therefore more money can be made in less time,simples I would never go back

jimiwindows

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 06:50:26 pm »
WFP IS KILLING THE GAME

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 08:16:53 pm »
What is this big hassle that you are referring too?
I've been wfp for 5 years and have it running like clockwork, really can't understand it when people moan about the hassles they have with it.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 09:33:59 pm »
It's a game of three halves!

home6442

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 11:48:02 pm »
Iv been wfp for almost 5 years and would trad tomorrow if it wasn't for
the safety factor.
Yes there are certain jobs where wfp is going to be handier and quicker
and yes there are people who are making a nice living out of it.
But the fact is as long as there are frames where water can collect, gather dirt
and slowly leak out leaving streaks then wfp will fall short on quality.
Most trad guys do 2 to 3 average size houses an hour how many more could they
do using wfp methods.
Wfp is a safe way to clean windows but as a lot of people have found out
there is a quality price to pay so lets hope your customers aren't that fussy.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 12:31:12 am »
the safety factor.
But the fact is as long as there are frames where water can collect, gather dirt
do using wfp methods.

??? You've been doing it 5 years and still haven't sussed it out

dave f

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 07:26:13 am »
its the quality aspect  one job comes to mind .ie window coverd in bird sh#t soaked it went to do the other windows came back could i get  off NO. had to get ladders off and trad it so any one thinks its magic wand it aint

Mike #1

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 08:09:25 am »
5yrs even worse , You will always have challanges at some point whether wfo or trad it is how you deal with them .

If you dont get the first clean 100% right you are,just setting yourself up for more chew each and every time . Mike

paul13

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 08:24:09 am »
the safety factor.
do using wfp methods.

??? You've been doing it 5 years and still haven't sussed it out

The quality issue has nothing to do with wfp pole it has to do with the person,
there is some instances where trad is better mainly shop fronts for me but domestic
I have had problems with windows in the past but have always found a way to clean them so they come up to a spotless clean.
If your not doing twice the work wfp after 5 years you need to get some advice.
I clean windows to make money in the quickest time possible for me wfp is by far the quickest way in doing that I would probably say at least 3 times quicker than trad.

dave f

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 09:42:50 am »
i think were going of on tangent here its about pros and cons not how quick or how much you can earn

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 09:52:10 am »
its the quality aspect  one job comes to mind .ie window coverd in bird sh#t soaked it went to do the other windows came back could i get  off NO. had to get ladders off and trad it so any one thinks its magic wand it aint

HOT HOT or NOT? You need HOT  ;)

paul13

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 10:35:29 am »