This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: Timewasters
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »
thanks for advice spruce and gavin. great points much appreciated

ps ive only done flyer drops nd word of mouth so far

its slow to build up clients tho ive done ok considering

i know i have to go canvassing but its like jumping out of a plane to me for some reason im dreading it!!! lol  any tips cos i know once i start canvassing il be fine but the " fear factor" of getting abuse is putting me off what is an obvious way to grow business

thanks again guys cant believe how helpful people are on this site :)

We have never had any abuse either. Just a simple Hello, we (business term for me) are local window cleaners and are looking to grow our services in your area. Would you like a quote?

If they already have a cleaner they will tell you. If you are polite then there will be no issue. Don't canvass when the match is on though.

Your are selling a service to them that they want, but they don't know it yet. What stops most people is fear of rejection. People don't like 'no's'. But you love nos because the quicker you get them out of the way the better. Each no means you are getting closer to a yes.

We kept records of the streets we canvassed with house nos. We also managed to get some cleaner's names. We recorded all this. In time we averaged 11 or 12 nos before we got a request to quote. We didn't over price as we needed the work so we were happy to get 1 acceptance for 2 quotes.

A couple of weeks ago we heard of a cleaner thats given up, so we know which areas he worked. His customer's don't know yet so a bit early to canvass as they still think he is their window cleaner.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

tom20001

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 10:04:37 pm »
 Each no means you are getting closer to a yes.

Love this mentality, so true....... thanks guys for all posts. I take it anytime after 12/1pm is late enough to go canvassing as you dont want to be there too early either?

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 10:09:06 pm »

i know i have to go canvassing but its like jumping out of a plane to me for some reason im dreading it!!! lol  any tips cos i know once i start canvassing il be fine but the " fear factor" of getting abuse is putting me off what is an obvious way to grow business

Do your doorknocking as a follow up to a leaflet drop.  Have a clip board with one of your leaflets pasted on the front, knock on the door then hold it up so they can see it.  Say:  "Good eveing, my name is Tom ........... and I put one of these through your door the other day"

After that it's easy ;)

C o z y

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 11:53:23 pm »

We have never had any abuse either. Just a simple Hello, we (business term for me) are local window cleaners and are looking to grow our services in your area. Would you like a quote?

If they already have a cleaner they will tell you. If you are polite then there will be no issue. Don't canvass when the match is on though.

Your are selling a service to them that they want, but they don't know it yet. What stops most people is fear of rejection. People don't like 'no's'. But you love nos because the quicker you get them out of the way the better. Each no means you are getting closer to a yes.

We kept records of the streets we canvassed with house nos. We also managed to get some cleaner's names. We recorded all this. In time we averaged 11 or 12 nos before we got a request to quote. We didn't over price as we needed the work so we were happy to get 1 acceptance for 2 quotes.

A couple of weeks ago we heard of a cleaner thats given up, so we know which areas he worked. His customer's don't know yet so a bit early to canvass as they still think he is their window cleaner.

One of the few members on this forum that makes good sense with nearly every post he makes.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

tom20001

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »
ok lads great advice going forward, thanks to all who contributed

cheers