This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: EMPLOYING POLISH TODAY
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2013, 08:01:13 am »
Lets take our country back.
NO EU no problem with undercutting.

Well, I've taken a stand!
No East European takeaway or Lithuanian beer for me last night. Let's see how they like it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2013, 09:29:00 am »
the truth is that anyone you employ from anywhere can steal money off you and try and undercut you,do a rubbish job,crash your van etc,etc!!

the fear that some of you talk about of hoards of polish window cleaners undercutting all your work so you end up signing on is absolute rubbish!!

if your well established and do a good job then there is no way a polish guy is gonna come along and undercut and steal your work!!customers just wont jump ship and esp if he is charging half your price!!

most customers have been given a poor service from window cleaners in the past so they stick when they find a good one.

i cant tell you the amount of times my work has been canvassed/leafletted over the years with guys trying to undercut etc and these are british guys!never lost a job to my knowledge so their not gonna switch to a polish guy!!

there are lots of risks/benefits/hassle when employing anybody.just trust your intuition.

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

ben M

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2013, 09:36:58 am »
the truth is that anyone you employ from anywhere can steal money off you and try and undercut you,do a rubbish job,crash your van etc,etc!!

the fear that some of you talk about of hoards of polish window cleaners undercutting all your work so you end up signing on is absolute rubbish!!

if your well established and do a good job then there is no way a polish guy is gonna come along and undercut and steal your work!!customers just wont jump ship and esp if he is charging half your price!!

most customers have been given a poor service from window cleaners in the past so they stick when they find a good one.

i cant tell you the amount of times my work has been canvassed/leafletted over the years with guys trying to undercut etc and these are british guys!never lost a job to my knowledge so their not gonna switch to a polish guy!!

there are lots of risks/benefits/hassle when employing anybody.just trust your intuition.

best wishes to you all

dazmond
totally agree Daz  :)

G Griffin

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2013, 10:09:46 am »
Correct, Daz; it'll be the French that do it  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

roundbuilder

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2013, 10:22:03 am »

best wishes to you all

dazmond

Its ok for you, not even the poles could undercut your low prices dazmond!!!. ;D

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2013, 07:43:08 pm »
It's not your established work you lose to em .its the new builds . There half way putting up 30 nice detached houses bordering on my work .. There's 2 other Windys work the area as well .i would expect to get at least half of these houses as I call up as they move in and don't give up until I speak to the owner .how many have I got ? None.and one of the other Windys hasn't got any . Why? Cos the estate has been flyered to death . One guy showed me about 25 flyers and business cards. He thought it was hilarious , as he was trying to get it as cheap as he could ..anyway there's at least 2 groups of poles doing em for 3 and 4 quid an house.i will keep knocking this new estate ,but I don't expect to get owt .

Tom White

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2013, 10:51:30 pm »
New builds are naff anyway, Barry.  They tend to house occupants mortgaged to the hilt.  In general I've rarely found new build customers good customers.  There's the odd exception, but in general no.

Another thing with new builds too is that they're built on such a small footprint; parking and access are often problems too.  Maybe not with all of them - they tend to build a range of houses from the large to the tiny on these new estates - but I tend to keep away from them.

Small villages are my favourite areas; not easy to get established, but when you are it tends to be a bit of a snowball effect when it comes to getting new customers.  You get one-or-two, then after a few years you're upto four-or-five, and then it seems to pick up pace.  More visibility and more customers to recommend you.  Affluent people with small or no mortgages; they're the best; not new build customers.

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2013, 05:14:33 am »
Yeh you are right about a lot of the new builds tosh . But I think you mean those proxy 3 story over priced shoe box town hoses . I've got a few of these, and they are all young couples mortgaged to the hilt . I have just put them all from 4 week to 8 week .cos I new a lot were struggling . But this other estate is exec style 4and 5 bed detached .aimed at the higher end . These are usually custys with plenty of spare cash .but I will keep trying . And hopefully the poles will do a crap job and I will pick some up . Not at 4 quid tho

vinty

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2013, 11:21:08 am »
The EU has flooded this country with cheap labour,  labour is like any other commodity when there is a surplus the price goes down when there is a shortage the price goes up.
At the end of the day all a window cleaner has to sell is his labour just like any other worker, so if only out of self interest all this migration should be stopped.

vinty

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2013, 11:33:14 am »
New builds are naff anyway, Barry.  They tend to house occupants mortgaged to the hilt.  In general I've rarely found new build customers good customers.  There's the odd exception, but in general no.

Another thing with new builds too is that they're built on such a small footprint; parking and access are often problems too.  Maybe not with all of them - they tend to build a range of houses from the large to the tiny on these new estates - but I tend to keep away from them.

Small villages are my favourite areas; not easy to get established, but when you are it tends to be a bit of a snowball effect when it comes to getting new customers.  You get one-or-two, then after a few years you're upto four-or-five, and then it seems to pick up pace.  More visibility and more customers to recommend you.  Affluent people with small or no mortgages; they're the best; not new build customers.
What about the North of England were every one is poor, affluent customers  would be hard to find.

tlwcs

« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2013, 12:08:37 pm »

What about the North of England were every one is poor, affluent customers  would be hard to find.

"Where everyone is poor", I've never laughed so much.