This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JW1

Re: Help me choose a system please
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:45 pm »
I can't DIY it, I'll only mess it up and get frustrated. I've got no-one locally who can help either.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 09:01:04 pm »
I can't DIY it, I'll only mess it up and get frustrated. I've got no-one locally who can help either.

Exactly what I thought this time last year! Listen mate there's enough videos, help on here and when you get working with it and talking to more wfp'ers out and about to see your alright. My DIY skills are zero but there's really nothing to it. And the satisfaction of learning to understand it is well worth it.

Avo

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 09:01:18 pm »
same  ;D  if I was confident I'd do it myself too but scared of messing the lot up..

DG Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 09:34:11 pm »

Listen to what I advised you go and see a local mechanic, it's up to you but you are throwing money away.

JW1

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 09:49:53 pm »

Listen to what I advised you go and see a local mechanic, it's up to you but you are throwing money away.

I appreciate the advice, and its valid. But I don't know of a trustworthy mechanic nearby and I don't want to rope in a dodgy one.

I'd prefer one point of contact if anything goes wrong as well.

I guess it's why I pay over the odds and buy my cars from main dealers

Horses for courses and all that

DG Cleaning

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 10:07:04 pm »

I appreciate the advice, and its valid. But I don't know of a trustworthy mechanic nearby and I don't want to rope in a dodgy one.

I'd prefer one point of contact if anything goes wrong as well.

I guess it's why I pay over the odds and buy my cars from main dealers

Horses for courses and all that

Mate,

I think you've spent too much time researching all this on here.
It's basically a tank of water, a battery, a pump & a controller if you want (I don't use one) possibly an RO if you want to purify water onboard.
After the pump you stick a hose reel and it's connected together with some garden hose.
Ionics, Brodex etc will try and convince you it's something all singing and dancing and, well it's not.
Their systems might look nice all badged up and nicely presented but underneath they are as described above.
The dimmest mechanic you could find will put this together no worries.
I did mine in one afternoon. ;D

JW1

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 10:29:47 pm »
Point taken. I'll look into it.

What exactly would I need the mechanic to do, and how much is he likely to charge?  Also, how much will I need to spend on all the kit?

Just so I can work out the potential saving?

Archer

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30:29 pm »
JW1,

I have had quite a number of systems, but for the past 5 years I have been using Brodex for their machines.

I have never had any problems with them, and for that reason that is why I continually buy from them.

Just my opinion, but rather than building my own machine or paying through the roof for some fancy system, the systems I buy from Brodex are simple and well made.

If you want to chat in more depth let me know and I will try and help

DG Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 10:36:21 pm »
Point taken. I'll look into it.

What exactly would I need the mechanic to do, and how much is he likely to charge?  Also, how much will I need to spend on all the kit?

Just so I can work out the potential saving?

You need do some research on here for all the answers I could go through it all for you but the more you learn for yourself the better it will be.
Like I said previously the system is very simple others will try to over complicate it especially if they stand to make money out of it.
How much will you save?
Think a month in Thailand, sounds about right :D

steve a

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 07:33:00 am »
Although a hard water area, I wonder if rainwater harvesting supplemented by tap water when needed is the way to go.  Would be a bit expensive on resin during dry periods but no waste with a resin only setup.

Would it be complicated to set up a rainwater harvesting system?  I would need to divert the downpipe from the garage roof, into an IBC in the garage.  What happens if the rainwater tank gets full?  How would I run the rainwater through the RO, doesn't it need high pressure?  Would I need a separate tank for the pure?  Sounds complicated.

The rainwater will not need to go through the RO, only through the resin.

So i suggest that you have an IBC tank in the garage with RO system attached (for times when there is little rainfall, soak away should manage to take some extra due to dry weather) and keep the resin bottle in the van.

Collect the rainwater direct to the IBC/ make water with the RO in dry weather, and then transfer what you need to the van and polish it with the resin as you work.

Hope this makes sense.

Steve