This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

beefy

WFP System For Under £600 (modified title)
« on: February 17, 2006, 09:30:54 pm »
hi tosh i saw a post that said you can get a wfp system for about 600 could you tell me more ;D

Re: tosh
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 10:51:11 pm »
Yes, mate.

A shurflo back pack from around £160 to £215

See here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-SHURflo-Rechargeable-Backpack-Sprayer-SRS-600_W0QQitemZ7744927159QQcategoryZ75582QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Then have a look at this site for a full explanation of how it all works and recommendations for for RO/DIs, poles and stuff:

http://d.co.uk

As a rough guide for doing first floor and above, you'll need the following:

Back pack:                               = £215 (£160 from E-Bay)
RO/DI (60 to 70 Gal per day)   = £70 (ish)
200 litre Water butt                 = £40 (from your local garden centre)
Water Barrels X 5                    = £25
Pole & Brush                            = £120 (make sure you get a good quality one; I'd suggest an 18 foot three section brush)
Hand held TDS                         = £13
Argos Shopping trolley            = £10
Hoselock conections                = £12

The above adds upto £505, but I may have missed VAT or P & P, so budget for £600.

My set up is very similar to the above apart from I have two two-hundred litre water butts, more barrels, and a 200 Gallon Per Day RO (but I only 'switch' it on for a couple of days a week).

After your initial cleans where you'll use lots of water, doing 'tops only' (leaded and Georgian excepted), you'll not use more than 100 to 125 litres per day (4 or 5 barrels).

It's all tax-deductable, so you've nowt to lose.

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:56:19 pm »
Hi
I would go for a microbore hose,you get more on the hose reel and it's more user friendly ;D

martin

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 11:06:04 pm »
Hi
I would go for a microbore hose,you get more on the hose reel and it's more user friendly ;D

martin

Martin,

You're confusing this post.  With a backpack, you don't need to wear it on your back, but you either carry it as a 'grab and go' or mount it on a little shopping trolley using a rubber bungee.

You don't need microbore or any sort of hose at all really.

I remember David of St Ives advising me the same.  Never-the-less I tried it with extra-hose and he was right.

By the smile in your post; I think you know!

chris@c.m.s

Re: WFP System For Under £600 (modified title)
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 11:17:00 pm »
If your on a really tight budget you could ask your local car wash for the 5 gallon containers I did that last week and got 10 for a drink  they only have cleaning fluid in them but do be carefull cleaning them its potent stuff they use. 
Sussex by the sea

beefy

Re: WFP System For Under £600 (modified title)
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 11:52:39 pm »
nice one lads much to think on now. i really fancy a freedom trolley but im bit worried about worried about spending all that. still not used to having so much savings.
still im sure ex will help with decision ho ho.