Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fran84

Re: NCCA your thoughts
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 07:55:12 am »
The NCCA is a trade association. Every industry has them. They are normally started by a bunch of operators in that industry who get together with the intention of increasing professionalism in said industry and to try and bring benefits to its members.
TACCA is exactly the same. Both are run by dedicated people who give a lot of their own time for little reward. You don't have to join either as it is not compulsary. People do join and do so because they believe it can benefit them personally and maybe they like being part of a collective group. Neither deserve to be slagged off.
If you don't want to join, don't join, but they don't deserve the vitriolic bashing some people give both organisations.
Now if you were a member of the BDMA where insurance companies insist you are a member before they'll give you work you would have something to carp about.

Here Here :)

I am a member of neither and have to agree with John. Leave the poor guys alone!!

Fran84

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 07:55:55 am »
The NCCA is a trade association. Every industry has them. They are normally started by a bunch of operators in that industry who get together with the intention of increasing professionalism in said industry and to try and bring benefits to its members.
TACCA is exactly the same. Both are run by dedicated people who give a lot of their own time for little reward. You don't have to join either as it is not compulsary. People do join and do so because they believe it can benefit them personally and maybe they like being part of a collective group. Neither deserve to be slagged off.
If you don't want to join, don't join, but they don't deserve the vitriolic bashing some people give both organisations.
Now if you were a member of the BDMA where insurance companies insist you are a member before they'll give you work you would have something to carp about.

Here Here :)

I am a member of neither and have to agree with John. Leave the poor guys alone!!

*Hector*

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 08:38:53 am »
you agree so much ........... you said it twice  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Billy Russell

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 08:41:01 am »

That is well said!!!

Didn't expect that from the Northern Mop Man!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 08:59:47 am »
Blimey Phil,your on your `high horse`ain`t yaBTW did you take Simon Gerrard up on his offer? ::)roll ::)roll

Lewis  Doubtfire.

P.S.

Only last week Lewis Scroby sent me details thru`the post
Regarding NCCA membership.
Very proffessional newsletter / link and a good article by
Cecil Aigin.
I resigned in 1989,things do look to have moved on significantly
Since then.
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

creighton foyle

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 09:56:02 am »
you cant argue with the fact that the ncca runs excellent carpet cleaning course and as the longest established and only (prior to tacca) carpet cleaning organisation they have milked that by charging extremly high prices for training that can be had elswhere much cheaper.

If they really are interested in getting more members on board they should perhaps allow cleaners who attend other courses to complete their test thus opening up the possibility to get new members. most of these trainers are well known in the carpet cleaning world and are just as capable as the official ncca trainers.

I would be interested to know the sort of turnover in membership the ncca has, i am sure there are a hard core of members but i wonder what the average membership period is as there seem to be a number of people on here who have stated they were members at some point in time but then left.

I think there is quite a big difference in the aims of tacca and ncca, whilst they both exist to promote training and good practice in the industry tacca's  main objective is to get enough members together to pay for a planned advertising campaign to inform the public of the existance of the organisation and the trained operatives that exist within it and to encourage the public to undertake regular carpet cleaning in their homes.
whereas the ncca seems to be more interested in using its funds to market itself to carpet cleaners to encourage them to join there organisation. and whilst the ncca may be a well known organisation in the insurance and corporate world i dont think it is any better known in the domestic world than tacca which is quite a failure on their part when you consider how long the ncca has been in existance.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 12:02:47 pm »
NCCA - democratically elected professional committee, well organised, run by mature experienced industry professional's.

I was a member some years ago, I may re-join this year depending if / how TACCA turns out / changes its set up. I'm not holding my breath on that one though  ::)roll 

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 12:16:33 pm »
I'm not holding my breath on that one though.
Please do ;D

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »
I'm not holding my breath on that one though.
Please do ;D

;D ;D

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 12:57:51 pm »
Now this is how to run an association

http://www.ncca.co.uk/directors.php

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 01:19:25 pm »

They used to have a compliance director. But it does look to me as if there has been a change in Directors

Billy Russell

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 01:31:38 pm »
I think the NCCA are changing dramaticly, for the better i think, but we'll see what the future holds, you can't keep all of the people happy all of the time!

;D

Tony_C

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:34 pm »

If they really are interested in getting more members on board they should perhaps allow cleaners who attend other courses to complete their test thus opening up the possibility to get new members. most of these trainers are well known in the carpet cleaning world and are just as capable as the official ncca trainers.

I'm not a member but have been reliably informed that it is now possible to take the test without attending the ncca course

Dennis

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »

How is a list of directors proof it's well run?
They might be spending a load of the £172,053 in cash they had in the bank at the last accounts on wine, women and song, and then wasting the rest.

If any NCCA directors are reading this, I'm sure you are not.  ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 02:03:06 pm »
i see a lot being said on here, but are we talking from assumptions or doe's anybody actually know what is involved in being a director of the NCCA, Time out of there own business and families etc etc?

robert meldrum

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 02:05:52 pm »
I've never been a " joiner " as, like the vast majority in this industry I like to be my " own man " and work outwith constrictions such as ..............THERE IS ONLY ONE ACCEPTABLE METHOD OF CLEANING when we all know it's the person at the end of the tools and their individual approach to problem solving that gets results EVEN WHEN USING LOW POWERED MACHINES AND ALTERNATIVE METHODS TO HWE.

While I appreciate the SOCIAL and COMMERCIAL value of memberships I SIMPLY DO NOT BELIEVE ANY SINGLE ASSOCIATION WILL IMPACT SUFFICIENTLY ON THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO MAKE MEMBERSHIP VIABLE.

Having said that..............I fully appreciate that some WILL gain from MEETING others within their industry and seeing demonstrations of machinery and products.

In past " lives " I've HAD to join associations as a requirement of my employment and wore a few badges along the way, eg, I HAD to join the PGA when a Golf Pro, Had to join the RHS when lecturing on Horticultural subjects within the College course I ran on Golf Course Construction and Management and even as a Driving Instructor I was a member of two associations.

In every case MEMBERSHIPS simply gave OTHER PEOPLE an income from members and in EVERY CASE the titles, the badges and letters after my name meant nothing to the general public.

For those who wish to be " part of something " joining an association may give you some return but the only people who got a return from any association I was in were the people who opened the letters from interested parties seeking to fill a vacancy or find a service supplier.

Cynical ??????????????

Sure, but that's the OTHER side of the argument.

Now, there is the possibility that a FULLY ACREDITED TRAINING ORGANISATION can achieve more by delivering a RECOGNISED qualification at a reasonably high level ( probably around NVQ 3 ) and have that recognised by the Insurance Industry and Manufacturers then you might have something of value.

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 09:22:29 pm »
Is Andrew still holding his breath ;D

Simon Gerrard

garybristow

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 10:06:19 pm »
if you wrecked a carpet,shrunk it,stretched it you can get help
if you had a legal situation develop they can help
if you have a spill that you need help to remove you can get the correct help
you can get experts on the end of the phone
if your new to the game there help would be invaluable,you can avoid costly mistakes
the monthly magazine has good and interesting articles
the marketing they supply looks professional and looks good on your marketing
if your a new start up take the course and join for at least a year,it just makes sense
if membership was free i bet a big percentage of you would join !!!!!!!
thank you and goodnight  ;D
gary

jim mca

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 10:15:47 pm »
Gary

If they would let you sit the exam after proving you have been trained a lot more would join
they allow the franchise member to do that but not the independent guys double standards
in my opinion

Jim