This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

luther1

Re: Another gone National
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 10:00:22 pm »
And Luther 1 is my new employee
In the wfp helicopter

I've always wanted a big chopper.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 10:01:59 pm »
Lol
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Tomboler

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 06:10:36 pm »
Franky my office is my van
800 miles a week

4 times the miles I cover, must be nice to make 4 times the money, or you just like driving  :D

ronnie paton

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 07:17:24 pm »
lets all chill there is tons of work that wont go national tons gained £12k of schools since 14 Jan!

im prepared to do both to get were i want to be so come john throw me load ;D

Steve Sed

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 08:39:40 am »
From what I have seen the rate for sub work is peanuts. If I was offered office work I would consider it at a fair rate, but the shop prices are shocking from what I have seen.

Tomboler

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 09:00:49 am »
From what I have seen the rate for sub work is peanuts. If I was offered office work I would consider it at a fair rate, but the shop prices are shocking from what I have seen.
It's not the money they do it for it's the prestige, that and the possibility of (road) travel

wfp master

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 09:28:09 am »
It's not the money they do it for it's the prestige, that and the possibility of (road) travel
nothing prestige about cleaning shop windows.its only window cleaning does cleaning shops make you a special W/C ?

Dean Taberner

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 09:36:32 am »
I used to do loads of retail work,

Don't do so much these days though, the prices have been driven down so much that they're almost impossible to make any money on them.

2 yrs ago I did a shop in Nottingham city centre that was 18quid external weekly, fair play it was a decent sized shop but the price that I've been offered it back for its unbelievable. Some poor soul is now cleaning it for 8quid a month. Even if you lived next door to the shop you would struggle to make that pay.

With retail stores now ranging from 4quid to very rarely over a tenner, I think that its now a mugs game, but there you go that's me, that might not apply to Matt Bateman or Dave Morris you see.

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Tomboler

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 10:43:17 am »
Quote from: Rawhide jlink=topic=166015.msg1394624#msg1394624 date=1361610049
From what I have seen the rate for sub work is peanuts. If I was offered office work I would consider it at a fair rate, butthe shop prices are shocking from what I have seen.
nothing prestige about cleaning shop windows.its only window cleaning does cleaning shops make you a special W/C ?
Their mums think they are special

Halfadaylee

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 10:44:56 am »
I used to do loads of retail work,

Don't do so much these days though, the prices have been driven down so much that they're almost impossible to make any money on them.

2 yrs ago I did a shop in Nottingham city centre that was 18quid external weekly, fair play it was a decent sized shop but the price that I've been offered it back for its unbelievable. Some poor soul is now cleaning it for 8quid a month. Even if you lived next door to the shop you would struggle to make that pay.

With retail stores now ranging from 4quid to very rarely over a tenner, I think that its now a mugs game, but there you go that's me, that might not apply to Matt Bateman or Dave Morris you see.

Dean.

Hey Dean, you do very well from this style of work but, you recently posted a thread where you were looking for a partner because of the volume of work that needed doing and with all the associated paper work.
When I looked at your turnover figure and then your expenses with VAT and staff were, I thought you would be better off as a sole trader.
But then your younger than me and with more drive.
Art

Dean Taberner

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 11:07:39 am »
The problem with being a sole trader art is you have to clean the windows yourself. :o

Halfadaylee

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2013, 11:14:42 am »
The problem with being a sole trader art is you have to clean the windows yourself. :o
Distressing, I know  ;D

Tomboler

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2013, 11:44:47 am »
and that's not the only drawback

Dean Taberner

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2013, 11:57:03 am »

Yes,

There's no way I'd be as respected as I am in the football manager 2013 community if I was a sole trader. No chance at all.

Tomboler

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2013, 12:03:02 pm »

Yes,

There's no way I'd be as respected as I am in the football manager 2013 community if I was a sole trader. No chance at all.

i rest my case