This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Re: Interviewing
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 12:44:02 am »
Forget all the questions about this that and the other. It's like CV's. All bull **** and flowery words and all that.

Just chat to the person in front of you and go by what you feel about them. Of course, ask a few basic questions and don't judge the answer too much as people at interviews can be very different to people when they're actually working.

Just go by instinct.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

scud

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 02:59:56 am »
  Find out if they have a mortgage. If not do not employ.

Having interviewed and employed 100's of people in a previous "life", a married man in their 30's, with a mortgage and kids is your best bet. You can nearly gaurantee them turning up on a Monday morning.

robertphil

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 04:48:54 am »
pretend to be doin  a crb check on the phone at the interview. while the phone is to your ear, turn and look at them and say " hang on a tick,theres a red flag by your name, pray what is  this?"    and see their reaction.    most come clean at this point

deeege

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 07:18:10 am »
pretend to be doin  a crb check on the phone at the interview. while the phone is to your ear, turn and look at them and say " hang on a tick,theres a red flag by your name, pray what is  this?"    and see their reaction.    most come clean at this point

Do you sleep with one eye open Bobby?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

gswainyboy

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 07:49:34 am »
Paul, if theyre gonna be driving you may want to see licence re bans,points etc.for insurance purposes  Also, i think you can ask for work permit or silmilar if they havnt been over here long.

andyM

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 08:43:11 am »
pretend to be doin  a crb check on the phone at the interview. while the phone is to your ear, turn and look at them and say " hang on a tick,theres a red flag by your name, pray what is  this?"    and see their reaction.    most come clean at this point

I think if a prospective employee were to come to a job interview with you Bobby, the winning candidate would be the only one who stayed til the end without getting up, walking out and running for the hills.  ;D
One of the Plebs

Dani J

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 08:17:04 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steve Sed

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 09:23:52 pm »
Does this seem a lot of questions to be asking someone who will be on minimum wage?

deeege

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »
Does this seem a lot of questions to be asking someone who will be on minimum wage?

Personally I would just keep it informal and ask 3 or 4 from my list. I'm sure bobby would rather ask a few questions whilst the interviewee was hooked up to a lie detector though. :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Steve Sed

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 10:08:43 pm »

Personally I would just keep it informal and ask 3 or 4 from my list. I'm sure bobby would rather ask a few questions whilst the interviewee was hooked up to a lie detector though. :)
...and on the end of a cattle prod.  ;D

brianbarber

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 01:16:01 am »
A good quality signed application form will give you a lot of info at hand if they make interview stage.
It's very important to have a statement explaining that any false declarations can result in immediate dismissal , even at a later date.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

andyM

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 03:02:31 pm »
I worked for someone in the past (not window cleaning) who had some form of ocd and to a certain extent paranoia.
Working for someone like that ends up having a negative effect on the employee and makes them resentful.
Always on edge wondering what the boss's unpredictable mood is gonna be like each day.
We had to part company in the end and to this day I don't think anyone has worked with him for the long term.

One of the Plebs

Deangsi

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 08:50:20 pm »
Ask them big wide open questions like:

"So tell me about yourself?"

And...

"Where do you see yourself in ten years?"  Then when they've waffled some, say, "And what about 20?"

If they're female, after the 10 year question, wink suggestively and say, "I can help you with that, Pet!"  (only use 'Pet' if you're a Geordie, otherwise it sounds weird).

HTH.
or chicken if your from cannok lol