Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

spinnaker

Re: them and us
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:08 pm »
Selling skills aside, it would be interesting to know how many potential jobs are gained or lost on the strength of which machine is being used?

thoughts?

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2006, 11:05:59 pm »
Craig

Good things, no cheap

Cheap things, no good

Old Chinese proverb as are the following

Confucious say man who makes love to a girl in a field have piece on earth

He also said man who stick thingy in fireplace F---ing great

and, man who eats steak and peas on same plate, very dirty

Dave

Liahona

« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2006, 11:06:39 pm »
My comments, for what they are worth on the 600 a day. Shouldnt we all be on that kind of sum? But then most of you know my comments on what we charge anyway.............  the 600 refers to us all as cleaners not just the truck mount users..... anyway I charge more for using a portable, it takes me longer to use and I have to work harder to get any sort of acceptable clean, but then thats me!

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2006, 11:09:00 pm »
To Dave whilst i do understand what you are saying re TM and Portables in America, and i think from what you have to say about this you do seem  have some knowlege on the subject. All i am trying to get acros is the fact that you do not need a TM to
clean a carpet or upholstery, it is not after all like trying to clean the barnacles off the
Titanic.  

Take Care John

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2006, 11:22:19 pm »
Six Hundred Pounds a Day. Not every day but it is perfectly possible with a good portable system so why expend to a more powerful and 3 -4 times more expensive truckmount just to work a little quicker?
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

craigp

« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2006, 11:24:15 pm »
alan will know.. ;)

whats cfr upholstery  tools? and whats cfr?

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2006, 11:30:36 pm »
John

I have a flat to do on Tuesday for an old lady, and obviously have to use my Extracta. Still a good machine though.

I am always scepticle of products, because the manufacturer is out to make pots of money.The classic example of this on the other forum on clean it up whereby people bought into a system which was a trailer based pressure washing otfit, which they are all now trying to sell to recoup some money. I was in a shop with my mrs the other day, watching a product being displayed that seals plastic bags. I bet if i bought one, i bet it would be in the draw after a couple of uses.

I bought a scrubber and used it 2 times because i thought i needed it. I can never do without my portable, and will in time i suppose upgrade it. Its done 1500 hours now. Just wish i had bought a bigger van.

Dave

spinnaker

« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2006, 11:36:44 pm »
To the six million dollar man

Get the best tools,  have some time off,  you've earn't it!

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2006, 11:43:49 pm »
Spinny

I sent you a personal message on tm forum with an idea i wanted to run past you. Did you get it?

Dave

spinnaker

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2006, 11:53:49 pm »
dun , dun dun , dun dun , dun dun

I can't hold it I'm breaking up!

We can re-build him, the first bionic portable half fibreglass half petrol driven,  half a ton of water (maths never was my strong point!)

I think we need Mr halliday on this one!

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2006, 12:00:45 am »
Actually what about this as a scenario. Do you remember the mad inventer on the kids show Vision On.? His name was Wilf and he would make contraptions out of old bycycles and things.

What these porty operators need is an assistant in the back of their van, peddleing for all he is worth to try and get some good suction on a portable contraption for cleaning carpets ;D  Faster  Faster i am loosing suction ::)

Have you also got a Ferrari?

Dave

darrenlee

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2006, 02:12:41 am »
hi mike

so what i bieng thinking for a while
say u have a 100psi porty just for example and a 300psi porty
you are not using anymore water just the pressure at end of wand is greater, if both machines are set to deliver say example 90 litres a min

darren

p.s portys, truckmounts, they all have good and bad points, but doesnt make you a good carpet cleaner which ever you have.

cleaning co

« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2006, 08:10:36 am »
not really a tec head but surely if u hav a pump set at 100 psi then one at 300psi using the same jets  the 300psi would use 3 times the water?   as pressure is about how fast the pump is pushing the water to the jets? ie its pushing it 3 times as fast as the 100psi ? thats y i cant understand how a truck mount can disperse more water than a porty if they are set both at 300 psi ,using the same jets and same size sol hose ? please correct me if i am wrong and y
gary

Liahona

« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2006, 08:46:27 am »
Gary, you are wrong with regards your question to do with psi etc. Doug has answered it in technical terms before so I hope he steps in and does so again as he is much better at it than i am. Basically it is to do with the volume of water moved, not just the psi.... A morris Minor hitting you at 30 mph might hurt alitle bit, a 38 tonne lorry might hurt just a  little bit more...... why? both were doing 30 mph....... To Spinnaker, in England where of course we are, the potential loss of customers by using a truck mount over a portable probably isnt that great because the general public doesnt know too much of either. In other countries where they still have clean offs between all types of cleaning machines the public are far more aware of what does what. That is why everywhere else in the modern world the figures are always on the side of the truck mount. For the record, insurance companies wont use any other system other than a hot water extraction system and the figures used to be that of the hwe systems being used 87% were truck mounted............... To John Rimmer, thanks for your comments. I have never said that you need one machine over another to be a good cleaner, I have always suggested that we as cleaners should just use the best machines. Again how many portable users would change their machines if the truck mount cost the same to buy and run?.......... To Alan Brooker. I dont use a truck mount for its speed in use, in fact on many jobs it may even be quicker to use a portable, I use them purely because they are a better machine not anything to do with what I charge because like I have said I charge more for using a portable........ I would still like to hear from the CFR people because I have not seen what their machins can do and I am curious to new fangled ideas. In the past I have offered to go head to head under test conditions but havent had a CFR company willing to clean off with my machine. Maybe I can find a tech on here at least willing to show me what their machine can do...... Best, Dave.

therapist

« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2006, 09:13:50 am »
Dave

I'm surprised that you have, so far, been denied the opportunity of a CFR demo, as I believe you would be surprised at it's ability.  Unfortunately, I sold mine about three years ago due the state of my back, sciatica, scoliosis and critically, spinal compression.

I would have thought the best place to arrang a demo would be Amtech, who would, surely be delighted at the prospect of showing off there range to a group of c/c 's.

rob

Liahona

« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2006, 09:26:30 am »
Thanks Rob..... Where do I find these people? I would gladly see a demo but would much rather see them clean a test conditioned carpet..... But a demo would be a good start.........If anyone on here has any contacts with a CFR company please let me know..... or if anyone would let me see theirs at work then also let me know, we can always compare notes......Mostly though, sorry to hear of your health issues.......I am not sure what it is that you do now but have you thought of consulting, heaven knows we need sorting out on here, remember what you first thought of me??????? best, Dave.

clive

« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2006, 11:28:37 pm »
Ian,
Sorry it has taken so long to reply.
Yes I sold my Bane clene and bought a hydramaster max 450d.
When I was using the Bane, I had a ninja 400psi 2hd vacs (still have) but would always opt for the Bane. It just seemed more powerful. I think the positive displacement blower seems to provide more airflow than fan vacs.
I would still reccommend the Bane clene system to anyone whose main business is domestic as it is a very reliable and very quiet machine which earnt me a good living for the 5 years I had it. I do like my new machine but the only thing I miss is the quietness of the Bane!

clive

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2006, 01:08:49 am »
Hi Clive,

Postive deplacement blowers,  Ive been wondering for Years Whay gave it that extra boost.

Just wondering why they Cant be fitted in portables probably size.

clive

« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2006, 08:43:24 pm »
And Weight!!
One of those blowers probably weighs more than most portable machines!
Clive

boshravie

« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2006, 09:06:48 pm »
Hi Liahona
Yes we have purchesed our first C.F.R. PERFECT HEAT PRO 500 last week and is one of the best investment we have made so far.

P.S. Manging Director of Amtech UK is KARL NILCHIBAR,  and he will be glad to help you with a demo.
Tel:08451304755
Mob:07881626229
Web:www.amtechuk.biz

Good Luck.