Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: Thinking of selling ?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 09:11:52 am »
Phil,
It just looks like a battered old machine with some accessories, you won't get anything like £2k for it, not when there are good looking DF machines on the market for a grand less.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dry-Fusion-Machine-all-you-need-for-Dry-Carpet-Cleaning-business-/181075292472?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a28edb138
Simon

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 09:18:11 am »
thats Been hammerited i know cause i know who swapped it him it's exactly the same as mine it was owned by the same person i bought mine from and then mine comes with all the accessories  ;D
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 09:20:20 am »
Good luck to you, i hope you get what you want for it, if there is any justice you should, but the market dose not work like at the moment, the price you paid new for it makes no difference on what people will pay for a used machine, you can get some amazing bargains on Ebay at the moment. Like i've said, i have seen one on Ebay for £500 not so long ago and it did not sell and it looked in better condtion than yours.

I bought this low speed rotary for £60 not long ago -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140898781340?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Why would i need to spend all that money, when i get a rotary so cheap on Ebay!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 09:20:46 am »
'and then mine comes with all the accessories'

which looks like a pile of junk in comparison to the other guy's which is a grand cheaper!!!!

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 09:26:34 am »
Well maybe the loan route is the way to go all though i don't think i have a good enough credit rating anyone recommend a company Cheap interest ?
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Craigp

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 09:42:44 am »
Swop your kit for some powerwashing equipment and become zstremeclean drive & patio cleaners.

Powerwashing will give you a better income and their is less   Competition   & less price objections, I'm cleaning a drive next Wednesday for £220 they decided not to have the living room clean as they thought £70 was too much money.

Trust me this is the best advice you will receive, the powerwashing season will start in a month or so. You can even save some money and go back into carpet cleaning in sept  

That may soon change #shootmyselfinfoot
 ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 09:56:44 am »
Well maybe the loan route is the way to go all though i don't think i have a good enough credit rating anyone recommend a company Cheap interest ?
Phil,
No point in re-financing until you've got a clear idea of where you are going and have solved some of the basic issues that are holding you back,  otherwise you'll be in exactly the same situation a few months down the line, only this time up to your neck in debt.

Simon

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 10:09:58 am »
Re-finacing will give me funds to market and advertise thats really what i need decent website decent seo and in local papers etc NO FUNDS NO ADVERTISING, NO ADVERTISING NO FUNDS!!!!! it's a big circle.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 10:34:09 am »
Phil,
You're already at the top of page one, the problem with your site is what it says, solve that problem, which would cost you nothing and you might start getting more enquiries. If you went out leafleting all day every day, you would get work at very little cost. Your problems revolve around not looking at the problems you've got and trying to solve them by identifying them and making changes to how you perceive and do things within your business.

Simon

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 01:52:11 pm »
To go out leafleting all day every day,that’s work you don`t get
Paid for. :-\How many jobs would that bring in over a period of say
3 months ???.Nobody knows that I know.To be page 1 on google and
Wait for the phone to ring.Which is the best option ?
Apologies if this `thread`is going now off topic.

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

garry22

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 06:32:54 pm »
Phil,

Simon and Hector make some very valid points. You need to find jobs that suit your kit. I've got HWE stuff but I'd be barmy to chase cruise ship work because I don't have a set up like Simon's.

I've been using DF since 2002 but I don't make a fuss about the name because customers don't give a toss. All they care about is the result.

Pretty much everything in this world is bought through emotion, not logic. If you compare your site to my "correct-office" one in my signature you'll see two very different approaches - yet we are using exactly the same kit.

You are telling people all about you kit and I'm telling them how fantastic their carpets will look.

You already have the set up to earn a decent amount of money - if as Hector suggests, you find the right niche.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 06:39:47 pm »
Creighton Foyle I'm sure does lm or dry cleaning I'm sure because of the usp he does well from it.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 07:02:09 pm »
Gary,
Nice website and I'll bet it brings in the business?
I think Phil would do well to research other df and LM users sites and see how they go about marketing the same type of service. Even better if he went out for a day with an experience lm'er so he can improve on his quality.

Simon

Phillip Mold

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 07:05:31 pm »

Solutions will lease you a HWE machine, I suspect others would too.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

garry22

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 07:16:01 pm »
Thanks Simon.

It did until it got whacked by Penguin.

It was built purely to push low moisture cleaning in the same way that Hector does.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 07:18:37 pm »
You need a day with hector hell show you how to market, one guy I'd love to show me how to lm properly.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »
Yes I love your site as well Garry, has it rose back up the rankings again yet?

Shaun

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 07:22:17 pm »
Yes that is a good site but i have a free site and no money for a professionally made one so i have to go with what iv'e got.

How would i go about leasing and what is the cost etc or should i just wait and keep plugging away.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 07:47:16 pm »
Phil,
You already have a workable system, why spend yet more money on another one when your core problem is marketing and that won't change even if you changed systems and won't until you focus on it as a priority.
Think of marketing as the spokes in wheel that all feed into  a hub in the centre - sales. You appear to have very few spokes in your marketing wheel and so low sales. You're not on Google maps / places, your site doesn't rank well in surrounding towns and doesn't 'speak' to your potential customers.
You don't need a new site, you need to make it work harder for you, increase keywords, remove the section knocking hwse (because it puts people off) register with as many free online directories as you can, remove your prices, (because it removes the need for them to call you) then double them and go out and do a survey for every job.
Compile email lists of potential commercial customers and email them with well written and focused material.
Go out leafleting, houses, supermarket car parks, football sports event car parks.
Each of these things and there are many more cost you nothing and just require your time and commitment. If you spend all day, every day marketing your business with your existing system you will get work.
You also need to work on the df system and try different chemicals and techniques to squeeze every ounce of performance from it so that you improve quality and thereby increase customer retention which is a vital another spoke in your marketing wheel.. Each time you go back to a customer, or they recommend you, it costs you nothing.

Do these things and with the money from the extra sales, re-invest it in better equipment.
Not 'simples' but certainly 'doable.'
Simon

*Hector*

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2013, 07:50:48 pm »
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(