This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

domestic cleaning
« on: February 05, 2013, 10:20:21 pm »
how many hours would you expect to need from domestic cleaning where you send cleaners out to do job for you

to earn a decent wage, i currently run a window cleaning business and have toyed with idea for a while now would 80 hours a week bring in decent wage if you charge approx £12.50ph

cheers rich
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Re: domestic cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:53:12 am »
80hrs will probably give you a profit of £360 ish after wages and chems. Then their is advertising, initial set up ( equipment ect ), insurance, tax, insurance ect to take out. Their is also indirect costs ie YOUR TIME, domestic customers are a nightmare and be expected to be continuously harassed about the most inane "problems" at all times of the day and night. It's a numbers game if you go in at a low rate or you could go for quality at a higher rate.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

richywilts

Re: domestic cleaning
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:42:17 am »
80hrs will probably give you a profit of £360 ish after wages and chems. Then their is advertising, initial set up ( equipment ect ), insurance, tax, insurance ect to take out. Their is also indirect costs ie YOUR TIME, domestic customers are a nightmare and be expected to be continuously harassed about the most inane "problems" at all times of the day and night. It's a numbers game if you go in at a low rate or you could go for quality at a higher rate.

i have over 800 domestic window cleaning customers and i always push other services to them over the phone so if i could convert a small number say 30-40 to have domestic cleaning for 2-3 hours a week i would offer a high quality cleaning service with excellents products

i understand and can only imagine problems customers ring up with but i do have an office girl who woould deal with these issues
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk