Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam

New Carpet Cleaner Training
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:42:03 pm »
Good Afternoon,

I am currently in the process of starting up my own local carpet cleaning company and need some advice, that’s were I’m hoping you guys will come in.

My main concern at the moment is where I can obtain the most comprehensive training at a reasonable cost. Having conducted some research into this I have narrowed it down to a few providers but cannot decide between them.

The first is Prochem based in Surrey who seem to be one of the market leaders in this industry, they offer a two day course for around £200 which appears to cover most aspects.

The second is Cleansmartsupplies based in Nottingham who offer a range of courses, which are around £100 a day.

Lastly I have come across the IICRC Carpet Cleaning Technician from National Flood School which is more expensive at £199 but maybe more comprehensive as its a two day course

All of them seem fairly well established, I wonder if any of you could recommend either or a more suitable alternative?

I have seen the NCCA courses and such like but don’t have either the knowledge or funds to attend these courses at the moment.

I am aware that any training courses such as these will have an element of product sales attached to them. I am still to decide which is the best machine to get so this could also be a deciding factor.

Thank you very much in advance of any responses

Norbert

Re: New Carpet Cleaner Training
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:03:26 am »
Hi Adam,

Just came across your post, as I seldon view this section. As regards carpet cleaning training, for what its worth when my brother and I started carpet cleaning in the early 1980s, there were very few companies then doing training. However, we were recommened the training courses in carpet and upholstery training run by Prochem and its founder Ron Tilley, by a chemical suppilier we used at the time. All I can say is the training given By Ron back them was first class and Ron covered all aspects of carpet cleaning on the training courses he ran. He had a great knack of imparting his wealth of cleaning knowledge in a friendly and informal manner, which as a cleaning newby, helped us a great deal. If Prochem still carry on their training in the same manner I don't know, but I hope so. I am hoping to go back to Prochem later this year to see if their training is still as good as the "old days". As you say there are now a far bigger range of companies offering training and I do feel being trained to a certified level such as the NCCA, TACCA and IICRC courses are very beneficial to have as you progress in the business. But as a new starter I would recommend looking at Prochem.

Good luck Phil Pettican    

Adam

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:39:44 am »
Thank you for taking the time to respond Phil

Appreciate it

Adam

Adam

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 05:59:20 pm »
Would be good to hear from anyone who has received training more recently at Prochem to see if there still of a high standard

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:00 pm »
Adam post this in the carpet cleaning issues just above mate you will get a lot more response.

Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Adam

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 12:41:21 pm »
Will do now!

Thanks Phil

Mark Blazey

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 03:31:24 pm »
Hi,

Save the extra pennies to do NCCA straight away. Mark did prochem course in 2008, now doing NCCA next week and spot cleaning course in June to enable us to become members then we'll apply to trademark scheme. Although Mark has the knowledge from Prochem, we need to tick the boxes to become accredited.

Kind regards Vicki (Mark's better half, lol)

Ian Squire

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »
I attended a Smartclean course just a couple of weeks ago, one day carpet cleaning, one day upholstery cleaning, running Thursday and Friday each month. The training offered by highly experienced consultant trainer, Derek Bolton I felt was priceless and has given me the knowledge and skills to feel confident going forward into my new business.
I would recommend Smartclean training and Smartclean have given me lots of support following buying one of their machines.

Liam Williams

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 11:44:21 am »
Hi Ian,

Could you provide some info regarding this course please? Locations, price etc

Thanks in advance  :)

colin bird

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 10:42:49 pm »
Good Afternoon,

I am currently in the process of starting up my own local carpet cleaning company and need some advice, that’s were I’m hoping you guys will come in.

My main concern at the moment is where I can obtain the most comprehensive training at a reasonable cost. Having conducted some research into this I have narrowed it down to a few providers but cannot decide between them.

The first is Prochem based in Surrey who seem to be one of the market leaders in this

industry, they offer a two day course for around £200 which appears to cover most aspects.

The second is Cleansmartsupplies based in Nottingham who offer a range of courses, which are around £100 a day.

Lastly I have come across the IICRC Carpet Cleaning Technician from National Flood School which is more expensive at £199 but maybe more comprehensive as its a two day course

All of them seem fairly well established, I wonder if any of you could recommend either or a more suitable alternative?

I have seen the NCCA courses and such like but don’t have either the knowledge or funds to attend these courses at the moment.

I am aware that any training courses such as these will have an element of product sales attached to them. I am still to decide which is the best machine to get so this could also be a deciding factor.

Thank you very much in advance of any responses
I've done the prochem two day course,it informative but yes is sales driven,I feel you only need the basics,dye bleed,fibre identification,carpet type etc,when I finished the course,I purchased loads of products that you don't need,i.e liquid pre sprays,buy powder lasts lots longer and cheaper,over the years I have learnt,you can have all the best products but the job will only ever be as good as the amount of effort the operator puts in and the amount of knowledge he puts in,there are no short cuts to get a good result