Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

Re: Sooooo many window cleaners about now ...
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 09:02:32 am »
evolve, diversify

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 09:03:15 am »
Emulsify.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 09:04:11 am »
fair play to the guy who posted earnings of £400 a day.ive never earned £400 a day window cleaning ever and dont see me doing so anytime soon!! ;D ;D ;D

the guy lives down south where we all know the cost of living is very high.

the point is over the course of a year after tax,insurances,fuel,equipment,no sick pay,holiday pay,bad weather days etc and he wont earn £400 a day every day his earnings will be a lot lower divided up into days worked.

most newbie window cleaners will be sadly disappointed when they realise they cant earn anywhere near £400 a day and jack it in!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dave Mills

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 09:40:44 am »
Plenty of people have started here in the past few years.

I see very few of them about now.  One was always bleating about how hard it is to get customers while I was worrying about how I was going to do all my work.  He has disappeared now.

He was wfp, with a nice setup - now his customers all need servicing and he will not be coming again.

jimiwindows

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 12:33:30 pm »
wfp is killing the game

Dave Mills

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 05:18:50 pm »
wfp is killing the game

Funniest thing I have read on here in months.

Andrew Giles

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 06:38:40 pm »
I think the advice about cocerntrating on your own business is a good one, yes there does seem to be alot more cleaners about these days but it doesn't bother me because we provide a high quality service and charge what we think we are worth.

If somebody doesn't want to pay the prices we charge, we don't barter, we just leave them a card and let them find somebody else at half the price just to find out that the phrase 'you get what you pay for' does usually apply. Quite often those customers will come back to us and wish they didn't bother with the other guy in the first place!

A couple of times over the past 12 months I have had customers tell me that they have had other Wc's canvasing for work (which i have no problem with as people are entitled to earn a living), but they ask how much we charge them and they will either try to get the job for a quid less or try and slash the price by 50%......... and they never manage to get the job!
The reason why, because we are reliable, charge reasonable but healthy price's and provide a very good service with a smile.

So all in all we don't worry about the newbies because they generally don't last, mainly because they have to work a lot harder for there money and end up comprimising on quality because they are charging half the price of what they could and are struggling to cover there overheads.

Charge right, do the job right, the rest will follow!

Andrew Giles

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 06:43:20 pm »
........and there is plenty of work out there for us all, sometimes you might have to do a little work to find it!

C o z y

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 07:13:38 pm »
Well said Andrew Giles.

The guys who have a good income in this game are the ones who are out there knocking doors and leafleting while others sit on forums complaining.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

lee_dewing

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 10:34:28 pm »
A good workman is always busy! ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »
There was an article in the financial times a while back and the reporter said you can tell when theres a recession on when w/cs are all fighting over the same houses. Its so true. Im loving it never been so busy
Marketing solutions for window cleaners
https://www.facebook.com/WhizzBizzSales

lee_dewing

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 10:51:15 am »
So you take peoples redundancy money promising them a great business but in reality there's more window cleaners than windows?
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle