Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daniels cleaning

Extraction method or pre spray??
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:45:41 am »
Hi everybody i have been cleaning carpets for a while now....I have for the last few weeks been trying to change my routine (not sure why  :) )  I have been for about a year putting prochem extraction pro in the tank as reccomended dilution..spraying the carpet over lightly with the wand then agitating with a brush then going over the carpet extracting..old fashioned way with great results.......But i read on these forums that if you use a pre spray with a pressure pump. agitate with a brush leave for ten minutes and then extract with plain hot water...you will get better results.....I have done this the last few weeks using powerburst as a pre spray....And im not convinced its any better!!!!
Can i have your input please on what system you think works better or even what routine you use...
Thanks for your time
Danny  :)

Mike Halliday

Re: Extraction method or pre spray??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:46:20 pm »
you are already getting 'great results' how much better do you think you can get? 'fantastically great results'

if you are getting great results then they only reason to change what you are doing is to achieve something else, faster cleaning, dryer carpet when finished, etc

what do you really want to achieve by changing?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 12:50:21 pm »
The biggest improvement on your old method is you are leaving less chemical in the carpet after.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Daniels cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 12:51:32 pm »
Thanks I didnt really want to change.. i just thought it was old fashioned way of cleaning carpets (the extraction pro way) and a lot of people on here seem to be pre spraying with powerburst agitating then hot water rinse.. I was really just wondering what peoples opinions were?

prodry

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 01:08:50 pm »
Danny
Try your original method but swap the Extraction Pro for Altec's Ultimate Master (powder version). Much better results in my opinion and on the instructions it recommends doing it this way.

garybristow

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 01:31:47 pm »
im amazed your getting good results using ex pro as a prespray,in my opinion its not designed for that is it?
surely multi pro or powerburst ,agitation and some dwell time is alwats gonna work better
am i missing something?
gary

Daniels cleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 02:50:46 pm »
Thanks for replying.. If I use power burst will extract pro or similar be ok in the tank or should it be an acid rinse every time? Thanks

Lewis Newby

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 03:11:06 pm »
I find going in and pre spraying with pb or similar speeds the job up. Your old method you have to set up the gear, then spray and agitate and dwell if necessary before extracting.

I pre spray and agitate and while its dwelling set up the extractor and start rinsing as soon as I'm set up.

Lew

heritagecleaning

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 08:33:48 pm »
 If I use power burst will extract pro or similar be ok in the tank or should it be an acid rinse every time?

Depends what you are cleaning  :)

Max Campbell

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 08:46:06 pm »
What works better is pre-spray (& agitation if u want) with chemical, then rinsing with pure water (or slightly acidified water).

it's not only down to what u see on the day.

To make this system easy to use, better get a TM.

Darren O

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »
Ditch the Extraction Pro its crap and try Chemspec Formula 90 loads better

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »
What's with this pre-spraying first and extracting with something similar in the tank, i keep seeing on here, i don't get it. If anyone puts down powerburst first and has to put another high ph alkaline in the tank to get results, they are doing something wrong. It's not just about how clean you leave a carpet, it's how neutral you leave it to avoid rapid resoiling and other problems.
David.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 12:20:51 am »
Vac

Powerburst / multi pro etc... applied hot

Agitate with brush or CRB

Leave to dwell 10 mins

Extract using hot water and fibre fabric rinse

Would you rinse the shampoo out of your hair with soapy water?

markpowell

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 11:07:14 am »
Vac

Powerburst / multi pro etc... applied hot

Agitate with brush or CRB

Leave to dwell 10 mins

Extract using hot water and fibre fabric rinse

Would you rinse the shampoo out of your hair with soapy water?

Would you wash your hair with powerburst, agitate with CRB and rinse with fabric and fibre rinse mate :P

james roffey

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 11:35:50 am »
Wouldn't wash my hair with it, i aint got any. but Russ's method is correct well it's what the NCCA and most on here recommend

Vac, prespray, agitate, dwell, extract acid rinse if required the hotter the better.

Darren O

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 11:58:23 am »
I rinse carpets every day with hot soapy water as long as you stick to the dilution rates there wont be a problem iam sure companys like Chemspec and Prochem no what they are doing.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 12:15:18 pm »
The point i was trying to make was a fresh water rinse removes all the detergents, soaps etc from the carpet.
Rapid re soil doesn't happen by accident, its  down to residues which haven't been fully extracted from the carpet.
Rapid resoil was talked about on the  Prochem carpet cleaning course and how to avoid it.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 12:16:08 pm »
if you look at the dilution rates of some thing like F90 at 500-1  you recover 80% of the solution you put down, so on an average carpet you will leave less than half a teaspoon of chemical spread across the full carpet, most of which will powder up upon drying and be vacced out.

why is their a problem with rinsing with a detergents? resoling, sticky residue, chemical sensitivity, are all carpet cleaning urban myths  passed on from one inexperienced carpet cleaner to another.

you can usually tell the experienced as they tend it use washing machines & hair washing as valid arguments against detergent rinsing ;) which is a bit like me say "you wouldn't play football with a pork pie"... a totally irrelevant point
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 02:14:15 pm »
I'm sure we have all seen the problems left behind with rugdocters, vax machines and other diy methods were detergents are used in the tank. Ok i'm going to extremes but the principal is the same. If you don't prespray, maybe a microsplitter in the tank is a safer way to go.
David.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 04:49:12 pm »
Would someone please explain the advantages of adding a detergent to the tank of a HWE machine?
Prochem supply products such as Pre spray gold and multi pro as pre sprays  and also extraction plus... never understood why you would want to spray and suck without allowing the chemical to dwell, as its the dwell time which is really important unless its a micro splitter.
Does rinsing with formula 90 give better results?