Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Google adwords - cost ??
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:23:45 pm »
Ive googled google adwords costs but can find a straight answer.

appears you have to use em then you find out how much its all cost so if you set your daily budget at say £10 and it costs £5 a click then after 2 clicks yer money is gone.

Am I understanding this correctly ?

Im fecking googled if I can  ;D

Dave Garrett

Re: Google adwords - cost ??
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:51:47 pm »
Ian try google adwords express :

http://www.google.co.uk/adwords/express/?utm_source=awx&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=uk-en-ha-awx-bk:15333559882

Set your daily budget auto SEO etc i'm using it have 4 adds running 1st page google for my area spending about £80 per month but easily getting it back with jobs at mo

Silver Surfer

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:10:54 pm »
Whats ??? the best way to write up a ad for it?

Steve Sed

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 04:13:19 pm »
I would steer clear of Google Express if it automatically generates keywords as if it uses the same system as Adwords auto suggestions they will be expensive and useless.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:58:02 pm »
Adwords is an incredibly complicated piece of software from google. One of the main keys I have found is to have your searches saved as 'exact match' only.  If you want 'solar panel cleaning telford' as a search for people to find your ad, you need that in your keywords as an exact match.If you have 'broad search' if anyone googles 'solar' within your area, it will bring up your ad even if they search 'solar inverters telford'. This obviously has nothing to do with your business, but if they click your ad, you will pay for it.

Remember, Adwords makes a fortune for google and if you use the auto settings, you will pay well over the odds. To set it up correctly takes hours, but it can be done. You just gotta read the guides as you go.

Thank you very much for your email too.  :)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 06:41:59 pm »
I would steer clear of Google Express if it automatically generates keywords as if it uses the same system as Adwords auto suggestions they will be expensive and useless.

You have used it then?

gavinb

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:42:13 pm »
So if I typed in " solar panel cleaning Telford " and your site came up and I clicked your link it would charge you for it ???

That's ridiculous .

What's the cost per click ?

Steve Sed

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 06:52:10 pm »

You have used it then?
Er... No. I would have thought it clear from my statement. I use the full adwords which constantly suggests rubbish automatically generated keywords. £80 a month sounds quite a lot, but if you are getting 10x that in work, then great. If you are only "getting it back with jobs" as you say, then you need to look at it.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 07:06:24 pm »
I would suggest you use in then,

I use both, and from £1600 of adwords express expense, I got over £15,000 last year, that was from March to December. Might be worth a try.

Steve Sed

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 07:31:45 pm »

I use both, and from £1600 of adwords express expense, I got over £15,000 last year, that was from March to December. Might be worth a try.

No thanks. Just read a bit and it generates search terms for you. By the way, you need to look at your maths as £1,600 / 10 is £160 a month not £80 so I'm out.  ;)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 07:46:01 pm »
My maths is fine, I never mentioned £80

Steve Sed

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 07:57:30 pm »
My maths is fine, I never mentioned £80
No you didn't. Just testing.  ;D

Do you sell window cleaning equipment?

Dave Garrett

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 08:40:21 pm »
have read above posts re expensive but claiming it all back monthly expense ,,,rather that than let the hmrc have it

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »
So if I typed in " solar panel cleaning Telford " and your site came up and I clicked your link it would charge you for it ???

That's ridiculous .

What's the cost per click ?
If it was my Adwords, yes. If it was my organic listing, no.
Cost per click varies for every single ad for every single product that google advertise. The greater the competition, the higher the cost per click. Most of my campaigns are 40-60p per click.

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 09:30:59 pm »

It is very lucrative eh Alex? We use it for various things and always find it a winner.

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »

No thanks. Just read a bit and it generates search terms for you. By the way, you need to look at your maths as £1,600 / 10 is £160 a month not £80 so I'm out.  ;)
It doesn't generate search terms if you specify your search terms. That is a default setting.

shina

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 09:46:59 pm »
Is it better to pay a company to put you on 1st page google for lets say 7 key words or do the adwords or express thingy?
What would be the best thing?

Dave Garrett

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 09:50:35 pm »
give it a go you can cancel at anytime or indeed pause campaign

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 10:03:55 pm »
Is it better to pay a company to put you on 1st page google for lets say 7 key words or do the adwords or express thingy?
What would be the best thing?

Massive question! Bigger answer!
Be wary of paying for 1st page on google for keywords. I did just that and the company took nearly £400 off me and were never to be seen again!

Getting away from my story and on to the advertising side of things, it depends what your goal is.  If you have a budget that you can spend every month, Adwords is great. You will be on page 1 virtually every search for your keywords, but it can be expensive in the long term.

Paying a reputable company to build and maintain your website and push this up the organic listing is a cheaper alternative, but is harder to get AND KEEP on page 1.  For example, if you pay a company to build a site today, they will base it on googles current algorithms.  In 3 months or less, you can be half way up the first page of google. In month 4, google can change their algorithm and overnight your website is on page 25!  Just ask a victim of the Penguin update, like me!

If you have money to throw at it and you want short term, go Adwords.  If you are on a shoestring or want long term, go organic.

Either way, you pay your money and you take your chance! All the best.

Dave Garrett

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:12 pm »
cant beleive how many hometown domain names still avail ..for sure help with search terms on google ...liverpoolwindowcleaners.co.uk
still avail 123reg £6.98

www.saintalbunswindowcleaning.co.uk     avail

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:16 pm »

It doesn't generate search terms if you specify your search terms. That is a default setting.

From my understanding, you have no control over Adwords Express. Apart from what your add looks like, and how much you spend each month.

On the other hand my Adwords campaign is fully customizable, but can be costly if not used properly. I have only one Adwords campaign running now. It targets a particular area that I want to expand into, they have several large housing developmental under-way so I am hoping to get a bit of work in there

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 10:09:00 pm »

From my understanding, you have no control over Adwords Express. Apart from what your add looks like, and how much you spend each month.

On the other hand my Adwords campaign is fully customizable, but can be costly if not used properly. I have only one Adwords campaign running now. It targets a particular area that I want to expand into, they have several large housing developmental under-way so I am hoping to get a bit of work in there
Clever use of Adwords Alex.

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »
cant beleive how many hometown domain names still avail ..for sure help with search terms on google ...liverpoolwindowcleaners.co.uk
still avail 123reg £6.98

Aaaaarrrgghhh!  Don't buy them. Google now class them as an EMD!  They won't rank well at all.

Dave Garrett

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 10:11:26 pm »
express 24km from your postal code

Dave Garrett

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 10:13:59 pm »
yeah but if your typing in google search for a window cleaner your not going to type window cleaner are you ? most would type window cleaner kent etc i'm sure this would help with seo ?

Kwackers

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 10:24:31 pm »
Costs vary. Like someone else mentioned, make sure you do exacts. If you do broad match terms, then you'll go through you're cash like no-ones business. You might think you're getting "window cleaner in bedford" clicks but in reality, you'll be getting clicks for randoms like "window cleaning supplies"

Use Adwords tool to see what is being searched: https://adwords.google.com/cm/CampaignMgmt?__u=8575261486&__c=7535028766#r.ONLINE&app=cm

Cost; that's a whole different kettle of fish  ;D

Google bases prices on the "quality score". That is based on relevance.

Reduce CPC (cost per click) by making everything relevant. If your advert says "window cleaning in Bedford", then link to windowcleaninginbedford.co.uk or yourpage.co.uk/bedford.

You need to create separate AdGroups and Ads (with different keywords) going to different pages...

So if you cover areas A, B and C.

Create AdGroups and Ads for A, B and C

Any keywords relating to A direct to the page that has A keywords, A in the URL and A in the A...same for B and C.

There's more to it than that, but that's the basics.

Kwackers

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 10:27:40 pm »
still avail 123reg £6.98

Aaaaarrrgghhh!  Don't buy them. Google now class them as an EMD!  They won't rank well at all.

Although there is a crack down, there are quite a few URLS still ranking well. If you have/create quality stuff and have good link juice flowing, there should be no reason for them to devalue. it's not the EMD itself, for now...it's the blatent keyword stuffed pages that they don't like and the horrible backlink profiles.

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31:37 pm »
yeah but if your typing in google search for a window cleaner your not going to type window cleaner are you ? most would type window cleaner kent etc i'm sure this would help with seo ?
Yep, it used to. But now it is positively used against you, massively.  Since the Penguin update, a lot has changed with seo. EMD's are one of the biggest changes.

shina

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 10:36:29 pm »
Costs vary. Like someone else mentioned, make sure you do exacts. If you do broad match terms, then you'll go through you're cash like no-ones business. You might think you're getting "window cleaner in bedford" clicks but in reality, you'll be getting clicks for randoms like "window cleaning supplies"

Use Adwords tool to see what is being searched: https://adwords.google.com/cm/CampaignMgmt?__u=8575261486&__c=7535028766#r.ONLINE&app=cm

Reduce CPC (cost per click) by making everything relevant. If your advert says "window cleaning in Bedford", then link to windowcleaninginbedford.co.uk or yourpage.co.uk/bedford.

You need to create separate AdGroups and Ads (with different keywords) going to different pages...

Any keywords relating to A direct to the page that has A keywords, A in the URL and A in the A...same for B and C.

But these things shouldnt cost loads if you set your budget right? Say £5 a day, its still shoestring but worthwhile?

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 10:46:32 pm »
still avail 123reg £6.98

Although there is a crack down, there are quite a few URLS still ranking well. If you have/create quality stuff and have good link juice flowing, there should be no reason for them to devalue. it's not the EMD itself, for now...it's the blatent keyword stuffed pages that they don't like and the horrible backlink profiles.
I have all of the above on my twc website. Been around 11 years, top of google for 10 years solid. I got content, traffic, metadata, etc. all is good. Since the penguin, it can't be found for 'window cleaner telford'. My webmaster says it must be the URL.  It's top still for gutters, patios and solar. But for windows, it's rubbish. It must be the EMD thing. We have tried everything else. It is cheaper to build a whole new site than try to fix the current one.

George Gardner

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 11:02:47 pm »

Dont you run Adwords campaigns for companies/people or have I got the wrong bloke?? ???

Kwackers

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 11:42:39 pm »
still avail 123reg £6.98

I have all of the above on my twc website. Been around 11 years, top of google for 10 years solid. I got content, traffic, metadata, etc. all is good. Since the penguin, it can't be found for 'window cleaner telford'. My webmaster says it must be the URL.  It's top still for gutters, patios and solar. But for windows, it's rubbish. It must be the EMD thing. We have tried everything else. It is cheaper to build a whole new site than try to fix the current one.

There are 101 one things to consider, although I agree EMD won't help!

Links + content are going to make more of a difference than the EMD in my eyes

Put it this way, if you type in IBM, IBM still comes up. You can say "but that's their business name", but it's still exact match in an algo's eyes. It says IBM in the domain and it's got IBM plastered all over it.

They have not just content, but good content. They'll have authoritive sources linking to all of their pages with diffrenent anchor text; it looks natural.

What I first noticed about yours is your KW density is heavy on the page I checked, too heavy.

Your link profile is small, like 500+ links, but only 7 rooting domains on OSE. One seems to be windowanother place,  which probably has little or no value anyway, as these links are cracked down on.

Then there's deep linking, varied anchor text and so on...the list is endless. Don't just blame it on the EMD though is what I'm saying.

Kwackers

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 11:44:01 pm »

Dont you run Adwords campaigns for companies/people or have I got the wrong bloke?? ???

A shameless plug for my services...love it.

No, don't do it anymore. Just do blog writing & web content and the rest of the time I spend on my own sites.