This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WISEOWL

Re: -5deg today
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 07:49:34 pm »
Working in South Sheffield today.

Don't have a precise temperature but it was barely above freezing - the sun came out for half an hour at around 11.00am which was nice but then the cloud came down.

Worked 9.30 till 4.30 until my hose froze waiting for a customer to open their gate...!!!

If I can just get tomorrow in I will be sorted in case this weather holds.

deeege

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »
Inside builders clean all day today. Not looking good for Thursday and Friday though -7.

Warrington based but working today Chester / N Wales border.

Where bouts were you working ????

On your patch :)

Between Chester and Wrexham.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

ben M

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 10:46:25 pm »
Lovely sunny day here in East Devon  :D
+5 C tomorrow at 5am and +7 tomorrow afternoon  ;) :D
Enjoy the cold and the snow guys!  ;D ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 05:42:12 am »
-6 here at the moment and staying - all day

Today is going to be a bit of a challenge

Out of all the days I could work I choose the coldest!

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 06:00:04 am »
About the same here Ian tomorrow looks the best for me snow is arriving late BUT i have to stay home as got a new kitchen been delivered along with 2 other deliverys which must be checked and signed for .

Dam just my luck will do my best to work flat out today . Mike

H2GoKent

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2013, 06:15:42 am »
I'm off to do my shops, left the immersion on last night. Got my bag of rocksalt in the van in case I do some houses

Shops might be all I do today though, I don't mind cold but snow actually falling while I work is too much for me.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Mike #1

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2013, 06:58:40 am »
Ice and freezing temps is an absolute pain , Cant wait for the snow it always warms up  waterproof boots with neoprene socks , waterproof gloves with glove liners good waterproof coat and thermals .

Ooohh i love it oh yeah  ;D ;D ;D ;D. Mike

Tom White

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2013, 07:47:45 am »
Not even a frost here, which is annoying, since I did all my cold weather preparation last night! >:(

DaveG

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 07:51:03 am »
-2 in Poole Dorset, L5 heater on and hopefully get a full day in...

Dave do you find your L5 tempremental?
mine doesnt always play ball.

Not really mate... The only time it plays up is when the gas bottle is low ( I drain heater and pump on sub zero nights)
You can't polish a turd

DaveG

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 07:53:30 am »
Looks like we are all getting snow tomorrow!
You can't polish a turd

Mike #1

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 07:58:28 am »
Still in pyjamas not been out yet but feels cold will take dog out for walk in 10 mins and find out how cold it is then decided what time to start .

Looked at forecast for next few days and snow everyday with temps up to next Friday been as low as -12 , So will be working in snow showers quite happily .

On side roads and housing estates snow will compact turn to ice and build up day by day it could take weeks to go just like previous bad winters , Pleased i have a got a 4x4 . Mike

Mike #1

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 08:02:21 am »
Just looked out window low thick cloud freezing fog cant see temps rising much today . Mike

gewindows

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2013, 08:16:45 am »
Still in pyjamas

You wear pyjamas?

I wouldn't advertise that fact on a window cleaners forum. Im down here commando-style, Ive been out done 6 mile run and already cleaned 7 commercials.

dazmond

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2013, 09:05:31 am »
working 10am-4pm.ive got a few commercial jobs to clean and some large domestics that are a bit off the beaten track down country lanes! ;D ;D

ive not had a bad week if i get my scheduled work done today although im still miles behind with work.

looks like the rest of the week off after today!!!
price higher/work harder!

Mike #1

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2013, 09:11:52 am »
Still in pyjamas

You wear pyjamas?

I wouldn't advertise that fact on a window cleaners forum. Im down here commando-style, Ive been out done 6 mile run and already cleaned 7 commercials.

YES i am sure you have Ian but you can get arrested round here found been a naked window cleaner . You are not that bloke who keeps getting arrested for walking about naked are you  ;D ;D ;D ;D. Mike

Mike #1

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 09:13:26 am »
Just got back from walking dog and at a guess it is -4 but getting warmer plan on setting out for 10 am .Mike

Paul H

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 10:03:47 am »
go a full day in Monday done a bit on Tuesday now Ive sacked this week off as only had a few dribs n drabs to sort (not that have as much work as you guys at the mo on the window side still building slowly).. my first winter at it too..

used the down time to re jig shcedules and get jobs more into line so i'm working a bit easier and smarter when i go out for the day. Sort out some advertising and stuff for the next few months.. re design some leaflets and get some ordered up..

Now i'm off to slide around the streets dishing some leaflets out...hopefully pick some jobs up..

Watch the roads  ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 10:17:36 am »
Setting off now says its -3 down here in north Surrey suns out thou hope water doesn't freeze lets see

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2013, 10:52:14 am »
between chester and wrexham ??? what were you cleaning ???
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Mike #1

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:19 am »
Just about to firzt house . 30 mtrs  Transfer hose was frozen solid so best crack on -2 st the minute . Mike