Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Any Ideas
« on: January 08, 2013, 04:49:21 pm »
Cleaned a sofa yesterday - it was a "thick cord/like looking fabric" (if that makes sense) In black.

Customer says its dried with a hard crusty feel to the fabric and it doesn't feel as soft as it did before cleaning

I used SPM to clean it.

Any ideas to rectify or whats gone wrong?

Ive done a few of these without any problems

Mike Halliday

Re: Any Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:54:37 pm »
Give it a good stiff brush, the plié has matted together, I used to think it was detergent residue making the fine pile stick together but it happens with just a fresh water rinse.

Grooming the pile with a stiff brush will seperate the strands and rectify the crusty feel
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:01:53 pm »
Thanks for that Mike,Ive just been round and brushed a couple of cushions and it did make the fabric feel soft again.

I did notice a bit of dust coming from the fabric as I brushed it with a stiff brush,would this indicate that there is an amount of SPM residue still in the fabric.

Im going back to brush and regroom the whole sofa on Friday.

Helen

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:27:05 pm »

I did notice a bit of dust coming from the fabric as I brushed it with a stiff brush,would this indicate that there is an amount of SPM residue still in the fabric.

Wayne did you brush and vacuum before you cleaned?

wayne zabel

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:30:42 pm »
I vacced some of the more grubby cushions but not all the cushions,didnt brush anything before cleaning.

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:33:26 pm »

I alway find brushing get rid of far more dust than vaccing ,

and brush the arms in front of custy and see their reaction to the amount that comes flying off

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

JandS

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 08:42:29 pm »
Never vacced one yet always brush them off.
Cushions outside and good brush down.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Helen

Re: Any Ideas New
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 09:01:46 pm »

I alway find brushing get rid of far more dust than vaccing ,

and brush the arms in front of custy and see their reaction to the amount that comes flying off

Geoff

Ditto :)
Holding the vac end close to the brush will stop the dust falling back on the uph or spreading round the house (like a dental nurse with the sucky thing..lol)
Remove as much as possible and then clean. Then groom again after clean to re set the pile.
Some won't agree I know, but if you don't do this first all you are doing is surface cleaning and not deep cleaning and therefore you could easily leave debris behind that will go crunchy.
All depends on what service you are providing of course ;)