Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob_Mac

Re: The 'What have you cleaned today?' Thread
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2014, 05:54:55 pm »

Where are you Rog?

Rob ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2014, 08:11:15 pm »
spent the morning lining up for sand to be delivered to the end of our road (this was on Sky news) then they run out of sack/bags, (The Sun paid for Jewsons to deliver 2 truck loads with 8 hippo bags on each) Managed to get 2 wheelie bins full and fill whatever bags/sacks etc we could so hopefully secured mine and 2 neighbours house's from the front water, but fields at the back and flooding with surface water now very quickly. Next 24 hours will be the make or break really.

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2014, 08:27:11 pm »
Roger , is this the first time it has happened where you live ? Ed 
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

G O Cleaning

« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2014, 08:30:30 pm »
Roger thks for lead today, I know we are not that 'nearby' but if it helps and you need to store anything give me a shout.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2014, 08:33:05 pm »
Roger , is this the first time it has happened where you live ? Ed 

1947 was the last time, so I have been told

Roger Oakley

« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2014, 08:36:42 pm »
Roger thks for lead today, I know we are not that 'nearby' but if it helps and you need to store anything give me a shout.
No problem Mike it should be a good lead as I know the person who put them on to me. Most stuff is in the workshop so should stay dry. Won't work till need week now, as the next 24-48 hours is when the Thames is supposed to peak and really need to be at home just in case.

Photo is the end of our road this afternoon, the car is not moving, it's stuck.

Jettaway

« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2014, 11:25:04 pm »
That photo just emphasises how bad this flooding is.

I feel for you Roge, I sincerely hope you don't get flooded and you all stay safe through this.

Im not sure if there is anything I can do to help but if there is I'd be more than happy too.

Smurf

« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2014, 03:51:25 pm »
All messing aside my thoughts are with you bud and the poor residents that have already had their properties flooded.

wpclean

« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2014, 08:26:20 pm »
Just think how busy you are going to be cleaning up all those drives, and patios when that water recedes  ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2014, 09:10:35 pm »
Just think how busy you are going to be cleaning up all those drives, and patios when that water recedes  ;D

Not really mate, we work on a 6 month lead-in time so couldn't do them even if we wanted to, but saying that if I do get away with not being flooded and I can help the houses that are only 6 doors down etc that are flooded from me, then when they want my time is free to them, as they will have enough to contend with. The other thing in times like these is the lowlifes & cowboys will be out ready to rip-off people who really will just want to get back to normality.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #350 on: February 13, 2014, 09:23:56 pm »
All messing aside my thoughts are with you bud and the poor residents that have already had their properties flooded.

Cheers mate appreciate it.

G O Cleaning

« Reply #351 on: February 14, 2014, 06:36:48 pm »

Cheers mate appreciate it.
How's it going ? Weather today has been terrible currently suffering with torrential rain plus winds  :(, slightly positive note, sounds like the storms are dying out next week if you can believe it.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #352 on: February 14, 2014, 06:46:11 pm »
Raining most of the day here again, flood waters seem to be holding there distance from my place at the moment, army have been out all day issuing sandbags along the roads here, there has been a shortage plus they are getting nicked overnight then sold at £8.00 a piece, scum.
The Army, Fire & Rescue service and Police are doing a great job here 24 hours a day.
Police presence over night as well I was told as lotting is now going on  :( where people has evacuated.

G O Cleaning

« Reply #353 on: February 14, 2014, 07:00:06 pm »
Glad its holding back, my partner mentioned about the looting today, her friends mum's house was looted, bloody disgusting, just mentioned on the news about the sand bags being stolen and re-sold :o

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #354 on: February 14, 2014, 10:07:03 pm »
Glad its holding back, my partner mentioned about the looting today, her friends mum's house was looted, bloody disgusting, just mentioned on the news about the sand bags being stolen and re-sold :o

Absolute scum, no mention of that on the news - where are the police when these a/holes are selling the sandbags ?!

G O Cleaning

« Reply #355 on: February 15, 2014, 09:12:31 am »

Absolute scum, no mention of that on the news - where are the police when these a/holes are selling the sandbags ?!
On our local 'regional' news showed video footage of a sand bag wall being removed, then the sand bags where offered for sale , cant blame police, scum preying on the vunerable

Matt Gibson

« Reply #356 on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:59 pm »
Cleaning some pigeon crap off the front of a warehouse today. Lovely..  :D

Smurf

« Reply #357 on: February 15, 2014, 02:45:30 pm »
Now that looks like a very unplestant job to be doing. :o

Blast Away

« Reply #358 on: April 04, 2014, 08:03:33 pm »
Little stop off today;

550m2 of chemical brick cleaning in Stockport. Pointers had previously grinded out and then started pointing behind us.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151967203406640&set=vb.553271639&type=2&theater

Unusually this client only wanted lines washing in on the car park rather than pay to wash the lot.

Neil Jones

« Reply #359 on: April 04, 2014, 09:12:12 pm »
Lee I've always wondered about sign cleaning but that is a touch of class. It's ideas like that why companies stand out above others