Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob_Mac

Re: The 'What have you cleaned today?' Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2014, 09:01:38 pm »
I was scouting for some photos yesterday, for the leaflet & domestic page. Came across this site, thought F me, this is good work.

Some fella called R & A.

I left it Rog ;)

Rob ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2014, 09:09:20 pm »
View from the roof-top deck we were doing this weekend as the sun's coming up

Smurf

« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2014, 09:09:58 pm »
Myself I think it is always best to take pics of your own work after all who wants other ppls pics on their site.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #303 on: February 09, 2014, 09:13:32 pm »
Really - show us your website.

You'll find that all of my photos are mine and I don't need a lesson when I am joking with someone I have personally known some time.

I'm asking for some help until I have the photos I need and from you I am getting a lesson in business - thanks for that ;)

I'll stick with my way of doing it!

Rob ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #304 on: February 09, 2014, 09:24:56 pm »
Rog

You're welcome to come up to mine, if you get washed away. We're on the top of the village, on a hill. If we get flooded there won't be a lot left of the rest of the country.

200 metres is a bit scary eh!!

Rob ;D
Cheers Rob, shouldn't come that though, Thames down here is still high about 3ft over normal height, evac notices have been stood down of now.

Thames now about 6' above normal height, Navy are in a place called Wraysbury about 1 mile away from me helping people vacate in boats, roads etc all gone flooded, end of our road is flooded about 200 yards away from my place again, this is becoming a bit of a pain, but not as bad as some have it luckily.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #305 on: February 09, 2014, 09:29:21 pm »
I'd have stuck that very special (& expensive) orbital thingy into that picture and grabbed a photo and then I could have put it on my website.

Get the dinghy out popeye

Rob ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2014, 09:33:51 pm »
I'd have stuck that very special (& expensive) orbital thingy into that picture and grabbed a photo and then I could have put it on my website.

Get the dinghy out popeye

Rob ;D

Bloke just went past in a boat with a load of animals on it, didn't catch his name though…..

BDCS

« Reply #307 on: February 09, 2014, 10:02:05 pm »
Roger, I had to do a drain survey on the roof of CITI bank  ???

Rob_Mac

« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2014, 08:03:38 am »
Rog

Watching the news this morning.

I should get some sand bags in mate :o

Rob ;D

G O Cleaning

« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2014, 08:07:03 pm »
Finished cleaning unit today using a scissor lift only, must say beats the boom by far, really change my view if at all feasible will opt for lift in the future, few areas tricky but def worth it saved so much time, so much space compared to boom.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2014, 08:18:18 pm »
Finished cleaning unit today using a scissor lift only, must say beats the boom by far, really change my view if at all feasible will opt for lift in the future, few areas tricky but def worth it saved so much time, so much space compared to boom.

Agreed. Plus if its an extendable one you can clean 3 to 4m in one hit without movijg the thing.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2014, 08:39:13 pm »
Rog

Watching the news this morning.

I should get some sand bags in mate :o

Rob ;D
Our road now closed, flood water around 100mts away, army were distributing sand bags this afternoon. When I left home this morning it around 06.00 it had already moved around 70-100 mts nearer, just be coming a joke now. We are on evacuation notice again. Sister in-laws place is under about 4' of water.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #312 on: February 10, 2014, 09:03:06 pm »
Chris

Is this flooding all your doing?

Easy for us to not be concerned but I genuinely feel sorry, not only for Rog & sister in law but for them all. I think it is easy to blame the environment agency for not dredging but it is very much the same as last year but rain & not snow. Even with dredging I cannot believe it would have stopped it.

Some fella on the news tonight saying that the Thames doesn't need dredging because the rivers flow does it.

Tell that to Rog's family

Rob ;D

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #313 on: February 10, 2014, 09:50:47 pm »
Roger, If they are dropping sand bags off.......tell them to fill them up with dried kiln sand .......Will come in handy eh . Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Blast Away

« Reply #314 on: February 11, 2014, 02:15:26 am »
Alright fella's, been flat out all weekend.

Saturday night we cleaned this; (It's called The Gateway to Bolton, it's on a one way street heading out of Bolton)

Was supposed to have a 5 hour window on it but it got cut down to 3 hours as someone from Network Rail didn't sort out the right paperwork etc. We struggled in the wind and rain, it was freezing. Gusts blowing back, proper leg trembler! You can't see the inner sides from this angle but the underside you can see caked in algae, those inner sides were pretty much the same. We could have done with another 45 mins to an hour to do 3 more repositions with the platform(ballache)just to finish 5 of the cable rods, all main priority was done and is miles better. Doubt the council with fork out to have us back for the tiny bits left to do, too much messing about, although it was NR's fault.

:)

trevor perry

« Reply #315 on: February 11, 2014, 08:55:50 am »
What sort of cherrypicker was you up in Lee , the winds last night where terrible round here not good for working at height, check your underpants for poo on second thoughts dont bother checking take straight to bin ;D
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

G O Cleaning

« Reply #316 on: February 11, 2014, 09:17:13 am »

Agreed. Plus if its an extendable one you can clean 3 to 4m in one hit without movijg the thing.
It was deck size 7x3m  ;)

Good luck with the flooding Roger, situation seems to be getting worse, must be a nightmare for those affected, will last for mths.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #317 on: February 11, 2014, 09:58:07 am »
We've got heavy snow this morning, started about 20 minutes ago!! :o

Rob ;D

Darranvps

« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2014, 11:33:40 am »
I have a 960 ltr per min diesel engine powered water pump Roger - if it's of any use let me know - 07766243171 I am in Ashford Kent but have lads working in Slough and Gravesend - tomorrow.

Hope everything works out OK

Smurf

« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2014, 11:48:42 am »
Why so you can rob me pics?  ;D ;D ;D

I do have a sence of humour too but seems a very clicky forum this to say the least although interesting to see what others get upto.

Really - show us your website.

You'll find that all of my photos are mine and I don't need a lesson when I am joking with someone I have personally known some time.

I'm asking for some help until I have the photos I need and from you I am getting a lesson in business - thanks for that ;)

I'll stick with my way of doing it!

Rob ;D