This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gaza

SICK I KNOW BUT
« on: February 08, 2006, 09:55:34 pm »
IVE HAD A OLD AGE PENSIONER DIE ON ME IN BETWEEN CLEANS
AND SHE OWES ME A FIVER.
I THINK IT A BIT INCONSIDERATE OF HER TO NOT LEAVE A FORWARDING ADDRESS
SO I CAN COLLECT MONIES DUE.

IF SHES READING THIS SHE WILL BE SPLITTING HER SIDES ;D
BLESS HER GOING TO MISS HER,HAS ANYONE ON HERE BEEN TO A CUSTOMERS FUNERAL?

GAZA :'(
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

stuart howes

Re: SICK I KNOW BUT
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 10:00:33 pm »
i had this happen to me last week mine was £7.50 i found out that she had died
the evening of her last clean so i was the last person to see her alive :'(

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:07:13 pm »
If one of my customers die i always clean the windows and tell their partner or family member to keep the payment and put towards some flowers.

But if its over a fiver i give accordingly as i couldnt afford to give a 30 pound house

Gaza

you might be in her will, youve always wanted a house in Lenton Abbey  ;D

Brett

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:14:19 pm »
I feel a new window-cleaning leaflet coming on:

Date_________________

To the executor(s) of the estate of ________________________________________

Dear Sirs,

OUTSTANDING WINDOW-CLEANING MONIES.

I was most saddened to hear of the passing of _______________________________

She/he was a lovely person of high moral rectitude and who would constantly remind me that to have debts would be a stain on one's character. I am sure that she/he would not want an outstanding bill to besmirch his/her character.

Therefore would you please remit the sum of £___________________

Thank you in anticipation for attending to this matter speedily.

Kind regards,

Yours faithfully,

Shammy Davis (or what ever your name is)

;D And Rosskesava could offer to do the funeral too!
It's a game of three halves!

TopGlass

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:36:57 pm »
 ;D

Good leaflet!
Darren Cordial

Morph

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 10:44:41 pm »
"THE SCRIMS"

Proffessional mourning service.
Purified tears at no extra cost.

dai

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 10:45:31 pm »
I was cleaning a bunglow one morning and I saw the old dear laying on the settee
with her chin propped up by her hand. I thought, how young she looked without her glasses. I didn't knock when I finished because I didn't want to wake her. I could have knocked forever because I later found out she was dead.
She was the mother of one of this countrys biggest house builders. So if you read this post Steve, I never did get paid. Dai

gaza

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 10:57:57 pm »
BRETT:WOULDNT HAVE A HOUSE ON THERE IF YOU GAVE ME ONE,WATCH YOU WIN THE LOTTERY TONIGHT AND BUY ME ONE, BAR STEWARD

THIS OLD DEAR WOULD BE LAUGHING HER HEAD OFF IF SHE COULD SEE THESE POSTS,ONE OF LIFES TRUE LADIES,SOMEONE WHO EVERYONE WOULD WANT AS A
GRANDMA.
THE STORIES SHE USED TO TELL ME ABOUT WHEN SEE WAS YOUNG,LIKE ABOUT 6 MONTHS BEFORE SHE DARE BRING HOME HER 1ST BOYFRIEND,ITS A WONDER THE WORLD EVER GOT POPULATED WHILE SHE WAS GROWING UP 8)

BLESS HER 8)
BAH HUMBUGS LOST MY ONLY PAYER ON TIME ON THAT ESTATE

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 11:05:23 pm »
You all may laugh about such things.....

We drive around doing our window cleaning in a hearse.

We also do the windows of 3 funeral directors. One of them called 'The Caring Lady' has loads of funeral parlours.

We also from time to time get asked to do the windows of houses where the wake is being held.

Twice now we've been told that sorry, you won't get paid now because the person whose house it is is deceased and to please put a claim in to the executor of the will and to claim against the estate.

Both times I did and both times months later, we got paid.

It seems that is how some funeral directors work. They wait to get paid and associated services also have to wait.

JM123

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 09:53:27 am »
None of them have died yet - think seeing me every month gives them a will to live but was doing front of customers house, could smell something burning, got round to back and found the rear of the house on fire, old woman inside knew nothing bout it, rand f/brigade and got her out - best bit - House is £6, she asked if £3 was ok cuz I didn't do the back!!!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

poles apart

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 07:08:32 pm »
One of my jobs is a block of flats for elderly people. I turn up and clean the windows and an old dear collects the money for me, unfortunately she died two days before my visit! I had to knock on every door and when I was knocking on the dead lady's neighbour, her son came out and paid me. Wouldn't take no for an answer. Said his mum would be upset if I didn't take it.
Bless her! :(

On the same site on the same day, I cleaned all the windows when a lady returned from shopping and said she didn't want hers cleaned! I said I'd already cleaned them but she replied 'I don't want them done'. 'No problem' said I but later knocked on her door in error. She gave me a scowl and repeated what she said earlier. I was telling this to another resident who then promptly paid me for her neighbours windows despite my protest! She sad 'You have to make a living' and went on to call her neighbour some unmentionable things! :)

It takes all sorts.

Rod

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 10:46:58 pm »
One of my jobs is a block of flats for elderly people. I turn up and clean the windows and an old dear collects the money for me, unfortunately she died two days before my visit! I had to knock on every door and when I was knocking on the dead lady's neighbour, her son came out and paid me. Wouldn't take no for an answer. Said his mum would be upset if I didn't take it.
Bless her! :(

On the same site on the same day, I cleaned all the windows when a lady returned from shopping and said she didn't want hers cleaned! I said I'd already cleaned them but she replied 'I don't want them done'. 'No problem' said I but later knocked on her door in error. She gave me a scowl and repeated what she said earlier. I was telling this to another resident who then promptly paid me for her neighbours windows despite my protest! She sad 'You have to make a living' and went on to call her neighbour some unmentionable things! :)

It takes all sorts.

Rod

This is precisely why I decided to never do any more flats unless I have a deal with the freeholder or agent to do them all.  Flats always seem to be a problem unless dealing directly with the paymaster.

atoddyone

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 09:53:00 am »
hi gaz iv been to 2 menny latly iv lost 5 of mine in the last 12 month i allways go and see them off iv got one who will 100 this june and still going strung

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 11:40:02 am »
We seem to have at least one customer a month die, I always say it's after seeing one of the lads that works with me. We just put it down to one of those things and write it off as a lose.

I have been trying to collect one customers monthly payments since October, got a call alst week from her brother to say that i could collect the money from him and that she would like to cancel her window cleaning cos she died in October after we have cleaned.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 08:32:19 pm »
I clean a local undertakers, several months ago I was cleaning these windows and a group of people arrived to make arrangements, when they saw me one of them reconised me a thier mothers window cleaner and walked across to me, canceld and paid me the outstanding amount
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz