This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poles apart

Re: A customer told me what her 'other' window cleaner charges...
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 07:23:05 am »
Don't forget that in some parts of Wales everything is cheap.

Blaenavon is the cheapest place in Britain to buy a house.
You can get a 2-bed terrace for £20,000.
Beer is £1.50.

I've been to Baenavon.  The 'Big Pit' and the 'Steel Works'.

It looks really nice there!

I just wish I knew the window cleaner in question so I could show him this site.

I'm sure he'd get a shock.

I clean windows in Blaenavon! Lovely place :)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 07:56:43 am »
My own cheapest account is £1.50, the next is £2.00 :-\

These are for little shop fronts of course, but with the £1.50 one I really resent it, if I put it up a penny he'd probably moan about it :-X
I do the one next door for £2.50, this is a single large pane of plate glass and a medium pane in the door.
The cheaper one is the same size but there are 3 bars that convert the one pane into 3 panes.
Ok, its still only a minute or so to do, in fact it takes longer to collect the bloody money than it does to earn it :-\
So I only collect it once a month, I even hate taking the time to write out the invoice for £1.50 :P

But £1.00 for a house front :o :o

By comparrison; I do 2 front only's in our local town, they are next door to each other, 1 ground floor window, 1 first floor and one 2nd floor window and I charge each customer a fiver.
Even in the poorest part of the UK £1.00 is riduculously cheap.
If he was a Dole cheat I'd shop him.
If he's on the up and up I'd send him to the local library to view this forum on the internet (at those rates he'd never be able to afford a computer of his own!)

When I started over 20 years ago I did a couple of old-dink-bungalows, charged them about £2.50 each (quite possibly the 3 that Squeaks is still doing now, are they the ones up at Mynndbach Rog?)

Still, maybe this guy is honest and a taxpayer (except he probably doesnt earn enough to pay tax :P) enjoys his work and is content to get by on £30 or £40 a day.
Who knows eh?.....

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

gaza

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 08:09:12 pm »
yet another retired fireman
beats another J W ;D

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 08:28:33 pm »
beats another J W ;D

GAZA

Did the fireman get done for assult?

jon adams

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 08:30:10 pm »
why is almost everyone knocking the welshman, i can see your point but if hes happy thats fair enough! I would rather have a pint with him than someone whose charging £20 for a house front.

master cleaner

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2006, 08:38:42 pm »
beats another J W ;D

GAZA

whats wrong with firemen and jws

if they do a good job
gary

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 08:54:47 pm »
beats another J W ;D

GAZA

whats wrong with firemen

There's nothing wrong with JWs, but firemen (or firefighters if you want to be PC) really get my goat.

The retained firemen are good lads, but the 'professional service' are just a bunch of money-grabbing numpties who've jumped on the back of the USA 9/11 disaster (where large numbers of firefighters died and were held in high esteem).

As opposed to ours who went on strike and left the British public at the mercy of the army and it's anchient Green Goddesses that had a top speed of 15 mph; and that was when the squaddies could find the fire in the first place.

A little tip.  If your house ever catches fire during a fire strike; just pour some petrol onto the flames and get it over with.

I ended up jacking 17 years of the army after getting severley mucked about by Fire Brigade’s Union leader Andy Gilchrist.

They tried to claim that it was a dangerous job; but window cleaning is statistically (probably) more dangerous, and the armed forces is definately dodgier.

I'm sure firemen spend most of their day 'play-stationing'

master cleaner

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 09:06:25 pm »
beats another J W ;D

GAZA

whats wrong with firemen

There's nothing wrong with JWs, but firemen (or firefighters if you want to be PC) really get my goat.

The retained firemen are good lads, but the 'professional service' are just a bunch of money-grabbing numpties who've jumped on the back of the USA 9/11 disaster (where large numbers of firefighters died and were held in high esteem).

As opposed to ours who went on strike and left the British public at the mercy of the army and it's anchient Green Goddesses that had a top speed of 15 mph; and that was when the squaddies could find the fire in the first place.

A little tip.  If your house ever catches fire during a fire strike; just pour some petrol onto the flames and get it over with.

I ended up jacking 17 years of the army after getting severley mucked about by Fire Brigade’s Union leader Andy Gilchrist.

They tried to claim that it was a dangerous job; but window cleaning is statistically (probably) more dangerous, and the armed forces is definately dodgier.

I'm sure firemen spend most of their day 'play-stationing'

i stand corrected

gary

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 09:49:21 pm »
I'm not keen on civil servants either.

Being one is just a license to skive.

A friend of mine from school is clerical staff for the Foriegn Office.  She's worked all over the world.

You should hear some of her stories; the parties paid for by the tax-payer.  The 'jollies' they have and hotels they stay in.

Londoner

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 08:04:07 am »
My friend John lived in a house that I would price at £10-12, (some would charge him £15 ) His cleaner has been coming for years regular as clock work and still charges £4. The price has never gone up.
I've seen him and he seems a normal enough bloke, how can he not be aware of what other WCs are charging?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2006, 09:49:02 am »
why is almost everyone knocking the welshman, i can see your point but if hes happy thats fair enough! I would rather have a pint with him than someone whose charging £20 for a house front.
I agree. He may be naive, but probably a more honest chap than some around here with £££s in their eyes.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2006, 09:53:27 am »
beats another J W ;D

GAZA

whats wrong with firemen

I once knew a JW who was also a fireman  :-)   .  I'm wondering how he would be stereotyped  :-)