This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

Re: what are people averaging with 2 men at min
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 11:58:51 pm »
tosh i dont think my standards match my prices i think the prices need to go up and market myself as really high quality cleaning company, too be fair tho the lads were going over work that the one ive recently sacke has cleaned previous two times so they have prob been in first clean conditions ;D ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 12:36:25 am »
Pay them that encourages them to cut corners, surely?

No because if a customer complains about even just 1 window, my team MUST go back an re clean the entire house for free as the first job of the next day, and it does not count for their figure of that day. They only get paid to do it properly once.

Works a treat
i do exactly the same I used to go out myself but stopped that
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 10:05:46 am »
today they had a fairly large fascia clean and conservatory valet to do that i priced at 150 quid thinking 2 lads blitz in 3-3.5 hours and 14 council houses flat around a tenner each and list never got done

i would have thought a conny clean and a fascia clean is a one man job for a full morning.  fascia's can be done in 1 hr on a 4 bed detached and conny roofs are about an hour too.  both might take a little longer depending on the job.  buts thats one man working alone.

maybe you mean something else by a conny valet?  but i'd reckon in our area a fascia clean and a conny roof clean i'd be expecting £150
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 10:07:45 am »
today they had a fairly large fascia clean and conservatory valet to do that i priced at 150 quid thinking 2 lads blitz in 3-3.5 hours and 14 council houses flat around a tenner each and list never got done

and with 14 council houses i;d expect one man to do that in a morning easily, even if they're a little spread out.  so for the above i would think that at a push one of my guys would complete all that in 1 day, tho as i say, it depends on the size of the fascia, and that is the max i;d ask them to do
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 10:08:53 am »
i meant what sort of figures days work!!!

today we did £350 and finsihed @ 12:30

yesterday £330 and finsished @ 12.30

how many houses was that richard???

that was around about 25 - 30 houses Richy
iSparkle Window Cleaning

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 10:41:01 am »

last two days have been 220 and 230 fair enough some customers are messing us round sumfin rotten at minute

i think i need a serious price rise in january coz the work we must be doing must be something special compared to others i just dont understand why these are hitting so low

Not being funny but arent you in cheshire £££££££!

I did more than that on my own yesterday

WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

roundbuilder

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 10:44:53 am »

last two days have been 220 and 230 fair enough some customers are messing us round sumfin rotten at minute

i think i need a serious price rise in january coz the work we must be doing must be something special compared to others i just dont understand why these are hitting so low

You cant grumble at those figers for a bad day richy at all. Many would love to turn that over every day of the week.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 05:37:47 pm »
try my method for a month and see what you think, trust me you wont go back

Thing about this is wont they get upset that they may feel they are working for free? also what about unreasonable customers ie for the sake of a spot reclean whole house or that one window that never quite comes up right , I ask customers to reconsider and double check to we if its quite satisfactory as a perfect cleAn is not always possible

I used to visit any complaints from my subbed work but only from top customers found out it was the odd awkward window like conservatory window facing a fence so I just did that the dirt was mounting up over a couple of cleans the customer would notice.
I didn't make a big issue about it just mentioned my logic was 1-2 complaints a month is nothing and thought ill just visit those to keep him sweet guess I felt Lucy I had some good help anyway its just me now ! Stuck in traffic working late trying to keep it all together I was thinking next year might go down the paye route get a 2nd van cos a SUbby dont stay forever ! As I have learnt !

richywilts

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 05:46:10 pm »

i would have thought a conny clean and a fascia clean is a one man job for a full morning.  fascia's can be done in 1 hr on a 4 bed detached and conny roofs are about an hour too.  both might take a little longer depending on the job.  buts thats one man working alone.

maybe you mean something else by a conny valet?  but i'd reckon in our area a fascia clean and a conny roof clean i'd be expecting £150

it was one of them quite big houses with four sides of gutter fascia and gutters
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 05:48:15 pm »
Richy, buy a Concept20.

richywilts

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 05:49:32 pm »

You cant grumble at those figers for a bad day richy at all. Many would love to turn that over every day of the week.

im not moaning massively just wanted to compare to how others are getting on at minute with shorter hours etc

i did say originally customers have been messing us about a little last couple of days hence figures been bit low

i expect a minimum of 300 really for two man team
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 06:00:11 pm »
I have suddenly rememembered why I dont have help anymore.... By the time you have paid them you are only marginally better off, but still have the hassle of paying if weather turns bad, if you want to have an early day or squeeze in some errand in your work day you cant as you need to maximise their labour. I know Richy is talking about sending 2 guys out on their own which is something different really which I have never done.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 06:39:27 pm »
It's more relaxing by your self:) , not being responsible for a while is pretty cool  ill see how I feel next year for now ill just dump the bad stuff late payers , ones who need so I should be fine

gewindows

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 06:44:37 pm »
I felt Lucy

Nice one. Does she charge much for a quick fondle?

gewindows

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 06:46:19 pm »
It's more relaxing by your self:)

So you don't sneak off for a quickie much these days then?

keyser soze

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 07:30:47 pm »
get rid of one of them..... sounds to me they not pushing each other .. too much chatting taking it easy having a laugh at your expence   ... i think its a one man / one van job.tbh

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 08:01:12 pm »

it was one of them quite big houses with four sides of gutter fascia and gutters

I've done a 4 bed detached with extension on my own in 60 min.  would expect an employee to ahve it done in 90 min
iSparkle Window Cleaning