Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mo Al

Aquaplaning New
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:35:23 pm »
I've notice when a window

PoleKing

Re: aquaplaning = less water = fast cleaning
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:45:25 pm »
Are they still coming up clean?
That'd concern me...

www.laneswindowcleaning.com
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:48:24 pm »
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 11:52:45 pm »
What do you mean by 'aquaplaning'?

Thanks.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

CleanClear

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 11:53:21 pm »
I've notice when a window is close to a large tree aquaplaning occurs.

I clean the windows much faster and rinse very little.

Now someone should create a solution wear-by you add this to your water tank and hey press'tow water lasts longer = more houses.

Or is there a solution/chemical already out there?

(aquaplaning occurs when a layer of water builds up and leaves 'waterfall effect')

Its actually the chlorophyl in the leaves that produces this aquaplaning effect, and as they have almost all fallen at this time of year its harder to come by this phenomenon. We usually drop a few branches into the water tank (suspended it with string first so you can retrieve it easily) overnight, this is usually enough to leech the chlorophyl out of the leaves.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 11:57:43 pm »
I've notice when a window is close to a large tree aquaplaning occurs.

I clean the windows much faster and rinse very little.

Now someone should create a solution wear-by you add this to your water tank and hey press'tow water lasts longer = more houses.

Or is there a solution/chemical already out there?

(aquaplaning occurs when a layer of water builds up and leaves 'waterfall effect')

Its actually the chlorophyl in the leaves that produces this aquaplaning effect, and as they have almost all fallen at this time of year its harder to come by this phenomenon. We usually drop a few branches into the water tank (suspended it with string first so you can retrieve it easily) overnight, this is usually enough to leech the chlorophyl out of the leaves.

I knew I wasn't going crazy! Thanks dude!

Just try a small test first as different leaves have different outputs. You'll have to experiment and see what works best for you. Don't go dropping a Leylandi branch in your tank, you might ruin your water !!

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 11:59:05 pm »
I've always found windows close to trees harder to clean. They are usually covered in sap and it isn't easy to get off. If it is the sap helping your water then it isn't a good thing because you need to get it off.
You might be doing something else, though, but I can't see how a tree would help you.
Good luck to you, anyway.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 12:36:15 am »
Are you talking about  the hydrophilic effect on glass ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 12:45:17 am »
Are you talking about  the hydrophilic effect on glass ?

No complete opposite. Lotus leaf ie solar panels have this technology.

hydrophobic effect ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 12:54:50 am »

My missus has quite a few money plants and I've noticed the leaves on them, when they get wet after she's watered them, the water doesn't go into droplets.

I might try adding some money plant leaves to a barrel and try it out to see how it goes.

Cheers for that. Some ideas on CUI can often sounds bizarre but if it works.........

It's amazing what you can learn on this forum.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 01:25:58 am »

+1

My missus has quite a few money plants and I've noticed the leaves on them, when they get wet after she's watered them, the water doesn't go into droplets.

I might try adding some money plant leaves to a barrel and try it out to see how it goes.

Cheers for that. Some ideas on CUI can often sounds bizarre but if it works.........

It's amazing what you can learn on this forum.

G Griffin

Re: aquaplaning
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 08:43:39 am »
Surely the sap and stuff from the tree which makes a mess of the windows, is more a problem which negates the benefits of 'aquaplaning'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 05:12:11 pm »
Surely the sap and stuff from the tree which makes a mess of the windows, is more a problem which negates the benefits of 'aquaplaning'.

Griff, aquaplaning does speed up window cleaning no end especially if you use Gardiners microlite aqua brush. The brush is especially designed to remove tree sap while enhancing aquaplaning. 

The Gardiners aqua brush has every 3rd row of bristles shaped like a squirrels tail.

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 11:35:28 pm »

Griff, aquaplaning does speed up window cleaning no end especially if you use Gardiners microlite aqua brush. The brush is especially designed to remove tree sap while enhancing aquaplaning. 

The Gardiners aqua brush has every 3rd row of bristles shaped like a squirrels tail.

Right  ;D.
I'm going to put a Chrimbo tree in my backpack. Should I leave the lights on the tree?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gary999

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »

Right  ;D.
I'm going to put a Chrimbo tree in my backpack. Should I leave the lights on the tree?

dont you dare do it until i get there with my camera ;D

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 11:58:58 pm »
I aquaplaned a window the other day. My parachute failed and I fell to the ground in a heap.

My funeral is tomorrow. WTF is aquaplaning?

gary999

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 12:03:49 am »
i think they are on about something that happens similar to when there is too much
flow and the brush seems to glide over glass without any resistance..personally i
dont like this...i prefer a certain amount of resistance when scrubbing i find stubborn marks come
off easier

CleanClear

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 12:57:55 am »
...i prefer a certain amount of resistance when scrubbing i find stubborn marks come
off easier

Hi mate, just check the dictionary, i think its a fact that a stubborn mark does not come off easy or easier. BY its nature its means its hard/fast/stuck. If you can make stubborn to mean easier then ignore us here and contact the Oxford Dictionary direct and tell them what it means.
 I think Aquaplaning is refering to 'sheeting' as opposed to spotting or dribbling. A lot here 'dribble', i think they'd do well to 'aquaplane' with the rest of us !!

gary999

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 09:22:56 am »
...i prefer a certain amount of resistance when scrubbing i find stubborn marks come
off easier

Hi mate, just check the dictionary, i think its a fact that a stubborn mark does not come off easy or easier. BY its nature its means its hard/fast/stuck. If you can make stubborn to mean easier then ignore us here and contact the Oxford Dictionary direct and tell them what it means.
 I think Aquaplaning is refering to 'sheeting' as opposed to spotting or dribbling. A lot here 'dribble', i think they'd do well to 'aquaplane' with the rest of us !!

what ??? please tell me you are not another stroppy bleeder ;D

i know what hydrophillic and hydrophobic glass is matey...dont know what you are waffling on about with stubborn remark...just because something is stubborn doesnt mean you cant necessarily
move it....lots of products out there for stubborn marks :)

do you know what i cant be bothered...was merely making a suggestion to what you were reffering
to,if my suggestion was wrong then simply say so..jeez! ;D

i would now suggest you get back to the subject matter before its too late and you start dribbling
from all areas ;D

no need to reply...you have killed my interest in the post,no wonder moreand more
leave this forum and go to others :(

Smart Carpet

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40:46 am »

G Griffin

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 09:47:15 am »
Gary's right. Stubborn marks tend to need some agitation. Just using more special, 'aquaplaning' water won't shift them; they need a bit of effort.
I'll put you down for a dictionary for Chrimbo, anyway, Gary  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 10:48:18 am »
Aqua Plane:

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 10:51:30 am »

stuart mc

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 09:59:33 pm »
aquaplaning is when you are driving and you hit a patch of water, and your tyres don't make contact with road and you either get a deep fill of dread and glide along until safe or spin off and die a horrible death, so applied to window cleaning I think it would be pretty useless as the brush would not touch the glass

rosskesava

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 10:38:10 pm »
Stu, you've got it completely wrong and so has Andy Hamster. We're talking about wfp technology not cars or planes.

If you wfp fast enough, the brush aquaplanes on the glass as the water provides a cushion of sorts. Also, when done at speed, the force of the brush pushing water ahead of it creates a type of minature or micro tsunami which then pushes dirt and debris out the way much more efficiently than just rinsing.

The resin or sap from some types of plants or trees can aid in this process as it breaks down the surface tension of the water. I am at the moment soaking money plant leaves in a barrel of water to experiment.

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 10:40:34 pm »
And there was me thinking I could drive through puddles and people would come out and pay me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 10:41:18 pm »
Ears.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 10:46:38 pm »
I`ve got Stu down as being right and as for the rest of you,its nowt to do with leaves,its time of year and density.And as far as window cleaning goes the denser you are the betterer

rosskesava

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »
I`ve got Stu down as being right and as for the rest of you,its nowt to do with leaves,its time of year and density.And as far as window cleaning goes the denser you are the betterer

Aquaplaning wfp and leaf enhanced pure water is the future.

I think you'll find Ionics are researching this to find a synthetic form of the natural product and I wouldn't be surprised if Alex Gardiner doesn't already know all about this.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 10:56:59 pm »

Aquaplaning wfp and leaf enhanced pure water is the future.

I think you'll find Ionics are researching this to find a synthetic form of the natural product and I wouldn't be surprised if Alex Gardiner doesn't already know all about this.

Is a mushroom a leaf sometimes?

stuart mc

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »
And there was me thinking I could drive through puddles and people would come out and pay me.

only if you survive the puddle, it could kill you ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »

only if you survive the puddle, it could kill you ;)

That's true.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Washers

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:43 am »
Stu, you've got it completely wrong and so has Andy Hamster. We're talking about wfp technology not cars or planes.

If you wfp fast enough, the brush aquaplanes on the glass as the water provides a cushion of sorts. Also, when done at speed, the force of the brush pushing water ahead of it creates a type of minature or micro tsunami which then pushes dirt and debris out the way much more efficiently than just rinsing.

The resin or sap from some types of plants or trees can aid in this process as it breaks down the surface tension of the water. I am at the moment soaking money plant leaves in a barrel of water to experiment.
does your wife know about you destroying her plants lol

rosskesava

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 12:52:44 am »
does your wife know about you destroying her plants lol

It's all in a good cause and anyway, given time, the plants will grow new leaves.