Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Moss

How is december looking
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:09:21 pm »
In years past, December would be filled by now.

Whats the weather like out there?

Andrew Briscoe

Re: How is december looking
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 08:18:11 pm »
This year has been up and down all year for me, but still managing to be up on sales.
However, so far this month it has been dead and december looking somewhat bare.

Hopefully get a rush soon, even travelling to Garstang Lancs to do clean 20 office chairs, i was told they where local, they have said they will pay travel and exspenses so not too bad.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 08:21:33 pm »
45-50% booked up for December. What I hate is that customer that rings up 2 days before Xmas and says can you get me in before Xmas. :)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 08:27:50 pm »
We cant even blame the weather this year as there's no snow..... yet!!  ;D

Decemeber looking good so far, getting calls for decemeber all the time now.

November has been strange, very good 2nd week but last week and this week not so great. Alot of small jobs, next week is looking good though.

Paul, you got a date for the Storm yet?  Mines came on Wednesday! Its a beast!  

Tony

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:40:33 pm »
no bookings for december yet, but its been like that for a few years, will be booked up all the time just not weeks in advance
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Paul Moss

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 08:41:32 pm »
Yep it arrived today, i will try it out atsome stage next week. Looks a great machine though. Be interesting to see the auto pump out work with the remote control.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 08:42:20 pm »
Nothing for December yet - still dealing with November's work, only half way through the month after all. I'm sure it will be the usual last minute nonsense though.

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 08:47:54 pm »
2 bookings for Dec at present but I'm hearing all the time now 'getting it nice for xmas'

Last year was the same for me, as soon as december hit the phone never stopped

On another note I have a hotel and a guest house booked in for Jan

Www.2venturegroup.com

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 08:52:37 pm »
Actually I lied !

Forgot I've got a new kitchen floor to lay at my local golf club between xmas and new year, 5 days work - then off to Spain on the 3rd of Jan.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 08:59:40 pm »
No domestic bookings for december,
have 4-5 large office blocks to do and various ceramic tiled floors to do
for our contract customers, which we do every year.

Over last 23 years I have learned not to panic when it is quiet, rather to use your spare time doing promotional work on the business

Last few weeks have been tidying workstore so able to get sprinter inside during frosty times, but as Tony says weather isnt to bad for time of year.

Neil Jones

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 09:06:06 pm »
Pretty much booked up until 16th Dec, think I have a few afternoons spare and one day. After the 16th I'm in Thailand and Australia  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 09:09:14 pm »
I book in virtually a full road of customers every year they account for approx 4 days solid work, their ring leader makes a provisional booking at the end of the Xmas cleaning for the year after and then confirms everything in March and then another call September time as she likes to keep me on my toes the average age is approx 70.

I would say that December is 80% full but TBH I'm never full I'll always make a space for anyone who has money to spend.

Funny enough though I have spaces for the end of November.

Shaun

Allan Simmons

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 09:19:42 pm »
Steady away, is how I'd describe it.  We're usually a little more booked up than this by now.  Plenty of domestic in for December but not quite as pre booked as same time last year when the snow did mess things up.  We're doing an extra leaflet drop as we usually finish them mid November but a late one starts Monday.  Not time to panic yet, wait for the 1st December to arrive and then "it's real" and the phone rings.  We have a fair amount in for January, with the mailing offering the BOGOF clean and protect in January.  We know we'll be busy up to xmas so might as well start filling January now.

Nice one Shaun, sounds like you probably get fed lunch, tea and biscuits, spoilt rotten for four days :)

davep

Doug Holloway

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »
HGi Guys

I have  a few for December but more interested in next week which is booked, the week after 1/3.

Last week was a very frustrating one on the phone but this has been a good one, next week who knows?

Don't stress about it, always end up with a total.

Cheers

Doug

Steve Gunn

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 08:07:27 am »
December has changed so much since I started in the business 12 years ago first few years was booked up solid from end of October until xmas eve. Have a few bookings for December I think people are going without this year  :'(

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 08:19:07 am »
I would gladly trade the xmas rush and dead January for 2 steady months

david@zap-clean

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:10 am »
Work continues to trickle in - I'm learning fast to not panic if bookings are looking a bit low as something always seems to turn up, and if it doesn't I do leaflets.  It's all a bit 'hand to mouth' for me at the moment though.

Slight change of subject: how do you (owner-operators) handle time off?  I'm off skiing in January, and don't want to miss a week of calls, and come back to an empty order book!
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 08:27:40 am »
Unfortunately David, I take my phone and diary and book in work as normal - I usually allocate half an hour early evening to return voicemails.

We had 2 weeks away in September and I already had 2 weeks worth of work booked in for when I came back, it made a nice change just to switch off the mobile and let the answer machine back home collect the messages.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 08:31:17 am »
Unfortunately David, I take my phone and diary and book in work as normal

I guess I knew that :(
That's the price we pay for being self-employed  :)
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com