This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

king marko

Re: Who can build me a half decent website
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 09:56:56 pm »
Thanks for that Nat it's an eye opener for someone like me that hasn't any experience in websites - been thinking about one for a while & ill keep you mind after I've got my M.O.T out the way in Jan  :)
Cheers

Window Washers

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 06:34:15 pm »
I'll be honest & tell you I'm expensive!

Normally I'd charge £495 upwards for a site

That is not expensive, that is ridiculously cheap.

You should expect to pay about £3k for a decent website, and then extra for any revisions at a later date.  A friend of my dad's had their website done (not window cleaning) and it cost £6k, and it looked very slick.

You cannot get a top tontch website for less than £3k, but then it does depend on exactly what you want.  Any less than that and you don't get web designers, you get people who have learned a bit of web design and do their best for some pocket money.

Just like everything else, eg flyer design, logo design etc, you get what you pay for.  You have to pay good money if you want good design.
That is so wrong mate it is untrue, you can get a very good website for a lot less than 3k we are not in the ninetys anymore when they were expensive.
a website is not just about the look, it is about the message and the marketing to get people to see the message the rest is secondary.

Backlinking can still work if you know what your doing (not a dig at anyone), Nat is spot on about low quality links and natural content has always been king always will be why google is in business it there business model to give the people seraching what they are looking for, simple business model.
Social Media without question is where the marketing should be done it is all about traffic and conversions back to your site.

This is well exciting to talk about but I really better shoot
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

king marko

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 07:52:58 pm »
I'll be honest & tell you I'm expensive!

Normally I'd charge £495 upwards for a site

That is not expensive, that is ridiculously cheap.

You should expect to pay about £3k for a decent website, and then extra for any revisions at a later date.  A friend of my dad's had their website done (not window cleaning) and it cost £6k, and it looked very slick.

You cannot get a top tontch website for less than £3k, but then it does depend on exactly what you want.  Any less than that and you don't get web designers, you get people who have learned a bit of web design and do their best for some pocket money.

Just like everything else, eg flyer design, logo design etc, you get what you pay for.  You have to pay good money if you want good design.
That is so wrong mate it is untrue, you can get a very good website for a lot less than 3k we are not in the ninetys anymore when they were expensive.
a website is not just about the look, it is about the message and the marketing to get people to see the message the rest is secondary.

Backlinking can still work if you know what your doing (not a dig at anyone), Nat is spot on about low quality links and natural content has always been king always will be why google is in business it there business model to give the people seraching what they are looking for, simple business model.
Social Media without question is where the marketing should be done it is all about traffic and conversions back to your site.

This is well exciting to talk about but I really better shoot
Ye know too much  ;D ;D
Sounds like you the bloke to speak to when it comes to the tech stuff methinks  :)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 08:34:30 pm »
Ian is spot on about social media - really useful for SEO if used right!

I've been working on re-vamping my own website this week, because I'm planning on moving house soon & web design will me my main income until the new round is established,.. this one just went live today (Let me know if you spot any spelling mistakes - the proof reader didn't get back to me yet!) http://avondhu-internet.com/index.html

king marko

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »

I've been working on re-vamping my own website this week, because I'm planning on moving house soon & web design will me my main income until the new round is established,.. this one just went live today (Let me know if you spot any spelling mistakes - the proof reader didn't get back to me yet!) http://avondhu-internet.com/index.html

On the support page - support & assistance guaranteed bit - 'we're always on HAD to answer your aftersales questions'
Sorry! you did ask  ;D

Nice site tho and well presented, easy to understand and perfect for a novice to the world of websites like me

Cheers  :)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2012, 10:28:20 pm »

On the support page - support & assistance guaranteed bit - 'we're always on HAD to answer your aftersales questions'
Sorry! you did ask  ;D

Nice site tho and well presented, easy to understand and perfect for a novice to the world of websites like me

Cheers  :)

Cheers! Its things like that which spell checkers don't pick up, and why I always use a proof reader,.. cause I'm simply blind to it myself!

Window Washers

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 11:43:49 pm »

Nat would like to speak to you about this as in the new year I am doing similar and maybe it could benefit us both ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 08:09:48 am »
Sounds good Ian,.. drop me an e-mail info@avondhucleaning.com whenever you're ready.  ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16:55 pm »
nat does our web sites and he does a great job and belive me we not the easyest people to work with lol

Dani J

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:07 pm »
my site costa lotta.

Not happy with it really, needs loads of tweeking, but getting there sloooowwwwwwlllyyyyy

www.davidmorriswindowcleaning.co.uk

Dave you have got too many writing on there, it confuse people.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2012, 10:35:43 pm »
my site costa lotta.

Not happy with it really, needs loads of tweeking, but getting there sloooowwwwwwlllyyyyy

www.davidmorriswindowcleaning.co.uk

Dave you have got too many writing on there, it confuse people.

Its a fine line - too much text will put viewers off,.. too little & Google might miss the point & not rank you in the right searches.

If you need a lot of text, put it below the fold - have everything that is instantly visible on page load simple & to the point.  ;)