This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

https://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/locate-a-centre/search-centres/partner-uk/inchcape-retail/cheshire-oaks.html

As per the title ...

Thinking one of them little scissor lifts only viable / safe method ?

Tony Edwards

WFP and taurpalin ! sorry couldnt resist

Paddy Woods

[/quote

Don't think any need Ian ,a double pointed ladder indoors would do trick (of course someone footing it!)

DaveG

We've done a few like that and we use ladders
You can't polish a turd

Ian101

Keep it simple ladders it is then

bobplum

but then is that not breaking HSE rules

Ian101

no short term duration to do job

bobplum

might be a good idea to email andrew willis at impact 43 with the photo and get a second opinion

Ian101

might be a good idea to email andrew willis at impact 43 with the photo and get a second opinion

hes ur bezzy mate can u do it ?  ;)

bobplum

i would pole it and clean the cars as well ;D

bobplum

right price do anything, haven't used the wagtail in awhile

GB Window Cleaning

Ive no experience of these jobs at all but surletl h & S would permit ladders?! i would say cherry picker on this!

dazmond

trad pole the insides.no ladders needed.
price higher/work harder!

richywilts

yeah trad pole or tower scaff perhaps
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Halfadaylee

But get the cheque first, however you clean it.
Art

Ian101

But get the cheque first, however you clean it.
Art

very true ... cant trust these dodgy car dealers ..... though I was one for 25 years .... no 90 day b******s  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

cherry pickers scaff towers scissor lifts ??????
Are you lot brain dead or brain damaged ?????
Extending A ladder thats how byou do that job
simple really , you lot sure over complicate a straight
forward job , H+s my arse
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Gav Camm lammy 283

Ian if you get said job feel free to use mine
or bell me n ill do you the internal  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ian101

Ian if you get said job feel free to use mine
or bell me n ill do you the internal  ;)

prefer the second option of you doing em  ;D

;)

bobplum

;)

Neil Gornall

I would dragonfly this.  So simple and quick.
However if its very dirty I would perhaps trad it for the first clean, but definitely Dragonfly maintenance cleans after.

https://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/locate-a-centre/search-centres/partner-uk/inchcape-retail/cheshire-oaks.html

As per the title ...

Ian, Hi

I personally would not recommend ladder work on this, from the image the front elevation is at an angle and the return elevation look as if the exceed 9m, suggest first clean with a small machine
http://www.jms-access.co.uk/hr15.html,
Check structural loadings with the client to make sure the floor can take the weight, complete a good first clean, suggest it would be a good opportunity to vacuum all structures whilst you have machine in, change any lamps etc

Then propose on going cleans using this internal system, just need to have a suitable specification, quarterly clean minimum,   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYgdvlKWo3k

There is an area you may not be able to clean with recess (to the left of side elevation ) hope this is of use Andy

I would dragonfly this.  So simple and quick.
However if its very dirty I would perhaps trad it for the first clean, but definitely Dragonfly maintenance cleans after.

Beat me to it  :)

Frankybadboy

wagtail on a pole,could it work ;)

Cliff perkins

Dragonfly it easy and quick just make sure you have plenty of pads
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Ian101

As per the title ...

Ian, Hi

I personally would not recommend ladder work on this, from the image the front elevation is at an angle and the return elevation look as if the exceed 9m, suggest first clean with a small machine
Check structural loadings with the client to make sure the floor can take the weight, complete a good first clean, suggest it would be a good opportunity to vacuum all structures whilst you have machine in, change any lamps etc

Then propose on going cleans using this internal system, just need to have a suitable specification, quarterly clean minimum,   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYgdvlKWo3k

There is an area you may not be able to clean with recess (to the left of side elevation ) hope this is of use Andy

Very helpful ... thanks Andy  :)

trevor perry

in my opinion i would use ladder if under 9 metres high but would ensure it is footed and rubber ladder mits on the top, if over 9 metres then i would use a zip up scaffold others have mentioned a small cherrypicker but be aware these are heavier than they look and the floor may not be adequate to take the weight, even if the floor can take the weight any tiles that have been laid and have airpockets in the tile adhesive will crack unless you board the area out to run the machine on, finally some mention dragonfly or similar these are fine for maintenance cleans but even then they do not clean the sills so so personally dont think they are much use, when you do a method statement put the reasons you are using the method of access chosen at least then it will show you had assessed the situation
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

GB Window Cleaning

in my opinion i would use ladder if under 9 metres high but would ensure it is footed and rubber ladder mits on the top, if over 9 metres then i would use a zip up scaffold others have mentioned a small cherrypicker but be aware these are heavier than they look and the floor may not be adequate to take the weight, even if the floor can take the weight any tiles that have been laid and have airpockets in the tile adhesive will crack unless you board the area out to run the machine on, finally some mention dragonfly or similar these are fine for maintenance cleans but even then they do not clean the sills so so personally dont think they are much use, when you do a method statement put the reasons you are using the method of access chosen at least then it will show you had assessed the situation

I had the same idea about frames and sills too, also im interested what frequencys poepl offer for these commercial jobs? ( i know. another frequncy question from george  ;D)

Ian101

I had the same idea about frames and sills too, also im interested what frequencys poepl offer for these commercial jobs? ( i know. another frequncy question from george  ;D)

I would hope to get the outsides on a monthly or 6 weeks schedule and insides done every other to keep cost down

bobplum

As per the title ...

Ian, Hi

told yeah.....his the man ;D

brynley

i do 3  car show rooms, outside every 2 weeks, insides monthly

GB Window Cleaning

i do 3  car show rooms, outside every 2 weeks, insides monthly
Wow, Does anybody else here do showrooms this often? i know some shop windows can be daily clean can't they!?

Most frequent i had was a cafe i did once a fortnight!

brynley

the owner of all 3 car showrooms has i'm told ocd, he can spot dust, dirt or finger prints from a mile away, so likes them sparkling all the time, even more often if he has vip's coming to visit.