Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dan paton

Re: Spm
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 12:40:11 am »
is it your ocd joe . the punter gave u a £10 tip so they were happy with the job . you cant get every carpet perfect but the punter was happy so i dont see where the problem is . didn't the punter question why it took u 13 hours ?

Joe W Brown

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 12:40:30 am »
Oh and just another tip - those stains that magically disappear when you pre-spray... remember the old saying, if it looks too good to be true it probably is ;)

What's happening is the immediate cleaning action is dissolving the dirt that's stuck to what is causing the problem.  You have not removed the problem ;)  The problem is something tacky/oily/sticky.

The way to deal with these bits is to let your spray lance dwell a little longer and wet those bits up a bit more, and in some cases you will want to get a hand brush and give them some pretty good agitation to really work the product in..  Two reasons for doing this:  firstly with the added moisture & agitated little bit of carpet you'll be able to recognise the patches when extracting and give them MUCH more flushing with the wand, and secondly the larger amount of pre-spray will soak down a bit further.  You're probably dealing with something that has soaked right down n to the backing so you need to apply appropriate force to get it out.

Use a hand tool if necessary to extract, for some extra grunt.

Thanks for the advice Jim.

It was stairs so I was using hand tool anyway. My jets seem to have gone funny though. Lifted a few inches off the carpet it is spraying out maybe 30cm to each side. 150psi. Maybe this was not helping things today.

Joe W Brown

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 12:45:00 am »
is it your ocd joe . the punter gave u a £10 tip so they were happy with the job . you cant get every carpet perfect but the punter was happy so i dont see where the problem is . didn't the punter question why it took u 13 hours ?
i dont know if it is ocd :(

He didnt question as such, no.

Joe W Brown

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 12:47:05 am »
Wonder how long that post would last on cleantalk... :-X
I purposely kept the topic away from that board :)

Joe W Brown

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 01:06:12 am »
Joe, use the crevice tool on the stairs is what I do.

Try running over cleaned stains with a bonnet to reduce chance of wicking back.
thanks, i'll do that in future.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 08:36:28 am »
12 Hours!!!
Joe,
You've got to try and get that down to three or so hours. Reading your post I think you problem is lack of confidence rather than a lack of will, which you clearly have in abundance and that is massively to your credit.

You are using a pre-spray in SPM that is generally accepted as one of the best, so if you sprayed a set of stairs, then hand brushed it in and extracted it, the result is likely to be as good as it gets and that is where I think your problem lies, inexperience mixing with a lack of confidence making you question everything you do and doubtless having you re-clean things that are no better the second time around.

Simon

AshWhite

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 09:13:41 am »
For what it's worth, I find stairs often look better after they've dried (because of the way the moisture collects at the nose).
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Joe W Brown

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 10:11:00 am »
Oh and just another tip - those stains that magically disappear when you pre-spray... remember the old saying, if it looks too good to be true it probably is ;)

What's happening is the immediate cleaning action is dissolving the dirt that's stuck to what is causing the problem.  You have not removed the problem ;)  The problem is something tacky/oily/sticky.

The way to deal with these bits is to let your spray lance dwell a little longer and wet those bits up a bit more, and in some cases you will want to get a hand brush and give them some pretty good agitation to really work the product in..  Two reasons for doing this:  firstly with the added moisture & agitated little bit of carpet you'll be able to recognise the patches when extracting and give them MUCH more flushing with the wand, and secondly the larger amount of pre-spray will soak down a bit further.  You're probably dealing with something that has soaked right down n to the backing so you need to apply appropriate force to get it out.

Use a hand tool if necessary to extract, for some extra grunt.

Thanks Jim. I just re-read this post and it makes lots of sense.

jim mca

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 10:27:24 am »
Joe

What do you have for aggitation

Joe W Brown

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 11:05:51 am »
Duo. Im saving up for a rotary.

jim mca

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2012, 06:38:38 pm »
Joe

You are doing well at the hard part of the business getting work so be happy I would get a proper crb
before a rotary unless you are doing commercial spm is good stuff try to get out with somebody as you
only need a bit of confidence speed comes with practice

neil 47

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2012, 06:58:47 pm »
Joe you are trying  to hard to impress yourself , we did a 4 bed house with a break in under 2 hours today.

id give you a couple of tips but all these will slate me , and you  so worried that you would need counselling after cleaning our way .

if youd bonneted those stains would,nt of come back.

your a buissnes man first cc second its a numbers game forget this one quick and move on

Neil
IICRC