This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Re: ripped off by member on here (KRAVE)
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »
take it your not going van fest to show your van off :'( :'( :'( :'(

sorry it looks like this guys had you mate i wouldnt know how to advise you but i know what i would certainly do id drive the van right thru his living room window and write it off and get your money back that way

must remember never to sell Richy a van or anything used  ;D

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »
So Ben has been a bit naive and trusted a member on this site,the last thing he needs after probably losing a lot of dosh is to be told he is an idiot etc etc.

Agreed, and doesn't help with mouthy morons saying they wouldn't let anyone mug them off etc.

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »
Oh come on, what sort of a person does a deal in the dark, in a service station? Dodgy or what?
Llive and learn

supernova77

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 06:15:55 pm »
Sorry to hear about the problems Ben... But you don't have any legal come back, its a private sale - sold as seen.

Why didn't you go to his house to view the van? If it had got dark you couldn't have tested it properly you should have just turned round and gone home?

Andy

roundbuilder

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 06:21:51 pm »
So Ben has been a bit naive and trusted a member on this site,the last thing he needs after probably losing a lot of dosh is to be told he is an idiot etc etc.

Agreed, and doesn't help with mouthy morons saying they wouldn't let anyone mug them off etc.
just saying how it is. im guessing you would do the same thing then and get mugged off and buy in the dark withought checking everything is how it should be???. maybe your a moron??? are you???

robertphil

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 06:26:11 pm »
no excuse for selling a vehicle with illegal tyres,especially as already warned at mot time they were needing looked at

magic moments

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 06:38:44 pm »
no excuse for selling a vehicle with illegal tyres,especially as already warned at mot time they were needing looked at

Lol there's every excuse,why replace if your selling,totally the buyers fault,tyres can be checked,just by hand,a few simple checks ,besides all that if you don't test drive or sit in for a drive round ,your taking a chance ,you handed the cash over as you were happy with the goods,don't come moaning once your home too late,at least you won't do it again.

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 07:02:49 pm »
I have some sympathy, I bought a Movano 2 years ago. Seemed ok drove well for 8 weeks until the engine blew up.

Lost me £2000 in the end.

Expensive lesson. Now I always take someone with me and don't rush any purchase.

I think buying a van after dark from a service station with no tax or insurance is just daft though. 

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 07:56:33 pm »

just saying how it is. im guessing you would do the same thing then and get mugged off and buy in the dark withought checking everything is how it should be???. maybe your a moron??? are you???

Nope I definitely am not. I feel the OP was naive and a bit fool hardy (by the way OP means original poster) but interweb loud mouths bragging about how clever they are really doesn't help anyone. Do you think it does?

PS Why do you try to sound like a gangsta with your "mugged off" nonsense?

ben smith1234

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 07:59:15 pm »
i payed for it to be taxed and i was fully insured. as said i was there waiting when it was still light outside and he turned up when it was getting dark. i really needed a van that day as i had alot of work on that had to be done. now i have had to cancel alot of my work because i cant get to them!!!

im not out after sympathy im just putting my word accross as you wouldnt expected a trusted member to rip you off !!

gary999

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 07:59:21 pm »

Nope I definitely am not. I feel the OP was naive and a bit fool hardy (by the way OP means original poster) but interweb loud mouths bragging about how clever they are really doesn't help anyone. Do you think it does?

is one starting another argument by anychance  ;D

stuart mc

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 08:00:03 pm »
I have some sympathy, I bought a Movano 2 years ago. Seemed ok drove well for 8 weeks until the engine blew up.

Lost me £2000 in the end.

Expensive lesson. Now I always take someone with me and don't rush any purchase.

I think buying a van after dark from a service station with no tax or insurance is just daft though. 

you could take someone with you all you want, there is no way of knowing an engine is going to go in 8 weeks time,

as for the OP what an idiot sorry handing over 3.5k for a van with no MOT or tax in a carpark, total madness

robertphil

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:58 pm »
whatever way you look at it, nobody expects to pay 3500 and get a shed load of trouble. 

gary999

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »
whats that old saying...always expect the unexpected

sunshine windows

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 08:12:23 pm »
Jesus! there are some twats on this site nowadays. The guy has bought a van in good faith, got there early only to be told the seller is running late because of an accident (which i believe to be an excuse from the seller so it can get dark). Crying 2 year old in tow so he can't do a thorough check.

Yes, in hindsight he should have done things differently but give the man a break, he's been sticthed up for £3500, the last thing he needs is morons rubbing it in. A bit of advice on the proper channels to take (if any) to get his money back are what he needs.

Good luck!
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

sunshine windows

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 08:14:01 pm »
The word numptys in my post was an auto edit for something a lot harsher
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

bonsey

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 08:17:08 pm »
dont know why your on here moaning about it go 2 his house and sort it out !!

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 08:19:19 pm »

is one starting another argument by anychance  ;D

No, sounds like you might be stirring tho  ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »
I think he came on here knowing full well the derision that he would suffer, to let other people know that despite being friendly on here....You cannot trust all members to be honest....

He was trying to help other windys to not make the same mistake he did.

And what does he get for his help eh??
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Johnny B

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 08:22:42 pm »
Ben,

I genuinely feel sorry for you, and I am not going to put the boot in.

Legally, I don't know where you stand on this, although my guess is 'Caveat Emptor'. You could try going to citizens advice bureau and see if they can give you any guidance.

If it transpires that there is nothing you can do legally, then take it as a lesson from the school of hard knocks. If it is of any comfort to you, I for one have bought some royal lemons in the past when I should have known better.

Best wishes,
John    
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.